Yuvraj - Mirage or are there signs he is back?

Yuvraj played well today, nailing his shots (but one of which lead to his downfall), but still struggling to rotate strike.

Too many times he smashed a four, then played out dot balls instead of actively looking for singles.

It would be a mistake to select him in future ODIs and T20s, you cant take Cuttack pitch everywhere with you.

World T20 2014 Final catastrophe is waiting to happen again with Yuvraj at the crease.

16 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

I thought it was a very mature innings. Firstly steadying the ship with Kohli and then coming into his own with some delightful strokes. On another day he would have clipped that ball for six. 

He's lost power over the years tbf. Played ok today.

23 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

I thought it was a very mature innings. Firstly steadying the ship with Kohli and then coming into his own with some delightful strokes. On another day he would have clipped that ball for six. 

would have been a six in Cuttack, but out in Eden, and definitely out in Oval, UK (venue for CT matches) 

27 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Should have probably been dropped instead of Pandey but man what a cameo! I don't know how do you drop someone who just scored 27(10) to be honest.

Yeah, especially since we have never dropped a player who scores 14(10) regularly :hysterical:

2 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Yuvraj looks like a million dollars against trundlers like Aravind. Against better bowlers, which he will comes across at intl level the guy's inconsistent and done. Let him play IPL to close his career.

Well he handled Tymall Mills with ease today.  May have a season or so left in him.

There is still something about his front foot that worries me , i fear highly skilled bowler might exploit it

But if the pitches are flat that might come to his rescue. 

Still there is a massive improvement in his batting and fitness to. He looks fitter then last time.

Hope he started bowling a lot more soon

38 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Well he handled Tymall Mills with ease today.  May have a season or so left in him.

Thing with mills is , he isnt highly skill. 

I worry about him at start specially if some skilled bowler is against him. In t20 u get rid of a bowler in 1-2 overs in Odi wnt happen. 

Still there are a lot more positive sign