Aniket Chaudhary ,Left arm fast bowler

tweaker

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But he was not a trundler last time I saw him bowl live.

@rkt.india you watched Aniket Chaudhary bowling in the stadium, or on TV/computer stream ? (Just curious, that's all)

Selectors should have selected him for India-A vs Australia warmup match Feb 2017 ?

Edited by fineleg

Aniket bowled 134 k to 142 k today with good bounce and some swing.

Won't be surprised if he is included in the Indian test team in the near future ahead of Shardul Thakur.  Being a left-armer, he would provide variety and has more pace / bounce too.  The Indian team management have used him as a practice bowler in 2 test series now and have had the chance to see how effective he can be.

Edited by express bowling

His ability to hurry batsman .....is something many indian bowlers dont have. Shami is one who does that.

Being a left armer, with his height and bounce and add to that hurrying batsman well he shud be in test squad now. 

Good that Team Mngmt has invited him twice for practice session, more chances that he shud be on radar. 

Aniket Kuldeep Hardik in test team will add the much needed variety to our bowling attack and some edge to.

Aniket is working on his fitness and is keen on playing test cricket. He will now definitely be motivated to work even more harder on his fitness with Kohli at his side.

The tall and burly Choudhary's desire to get fitter can perhaps be traced back to a serious right hamstring injury he suffered in the 2015-16 Ranji Trophy, which he says made him want to prove himself and get mentally tougher. It put him out for five months, with much of the time spent in trips to Mumbai for treatment. As he recuperated, he had a stint at the MRF Pace Foundation, where he received lessons from Glenn McGrath and M Senthilnathan, the head coach, on the importance of training regularly to minimise injuries. The difference has been substantial.

"Training there improved my pace. For two years before that, I hadn't played any live [on TV] matches, so I had no idea what pace I was bowling at. But when I played the live matches, I was bowling at above 140 in the (inter-zonal) T20, I even hit 145. It was a sign of improvement. Previously, I was bowling at 135-140, but touching 145 is a big deal in India. Very few people do it and it was motivating for me."

While he finds movement off the surface, Choudhary's strength is pace and bounce. Having a six-foot-four frame helps, and his bouncer was also praised by Kohli. "He told me that my bouncer is good and asked me to focus on that and keep it handy," Choudhary said.

The bounce also helped him claim four wickets against the visiting Bangladesh team in a warm-up match in Hyderabad, a few weeks before the auction. "The key was to not over-try. Had they not declared (at 224 for 8), I would have got five wickets."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2017/content/story/1083630.html

Edited by Mosher
23 minutes ago, Mosher said:

"Training there improved my pace. For two years before that, I hadn't played any live [on TV] matches, so I had no idea what pace I was bowling at. But when I played the live matches, I was bowling at above 140 in the (inter-zonal) T20, I even hit 145. It was a sign of improvement. Previously, I was bowling at 135-140, but touching 145 is a big deal in India. Very few people do it and it was motivating for me."

This is what speed gun does.... it motivates pacers to bowl with more effort 

23 minutes ago, Mosher said:

While he finds movement off the surface, Choudhary's strength is pace and bounce. Having a six-foot-four frame helps, and his bouncer was also praised by Kohli. "He told me that my bouncer is good and asked me to focus on that and keep it handy," Choudhary said.

This is what we need from Indian captains