Very poor team selection from MSK Prasad

I seriously dont understand his selection ways. Why on earth would you select Dinesh Karthik when there is a certain Rishabh Pant waiting. If they didnt want to expose a youngster in an ICC event..could have selected Raina. DK looked aweful today and was unable to put the bat on ball let alone scoring. Same goes for Rahane who is another TTF. Yuvraj Singh's selection is always dubious.

Our batting looks very weak and its 90%Kohli with minimum contribution expected from MSD/Jadhav.

How do you win a global event with such batting line up? What a poor team selection this is from MSK Prasad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lets not blame MSK alone, 

We all know much kohli, kumble likes yuvi n rahane 

Had it been dravid, ganguly, sehwag,sachin they all wud have even supported both as they have gone on record n said that

When Dhoni openly criticized rahane, media went bonkers after him

In regds to karthik, every selection committee has done the same blunder......its not only one selector its basically Indian mindset of being safe and going for tried and tested things

Even rahane selection shows their safe mindset....

1. what if we collapse. Need a batsman to stay there so rahane(As if he plays long innings in odi,he generally throws wkts after 30-40)

2. What if conditions are helpful for fast bowlers so we need rahane (aj tak to kabhi chala nahin jab jab ball move hua hai )

Look at the mindset in regds to pace we have Umesh n pandya bowl fast so they ll surely leak runs and they are brainles......Saala jaise pace control karna asaan hai na . Jiske pass pace kum uske pass dimaag......logic to dekho

Take yuvi example- he won big tournaments and after that has failed miserably so many times but yet every big tournament people want him

Its a whole mindset issue in regds to Indian system, will take many more yrs n decades to change

Ull see such decisions time n again

Rahane & Karthik both have played 70+ odis each yet haven't won even 5 matches combined with their bat, both are proven TTFs that will cost India the CT if they play in the starting XI.

I still remember that 2014 Asia cup match against Pakistan where both these match losers scored 25 runs after wasting 50 balls each. That really should have been the end of Karthik in international cricket but here he is back again for the millionth time in his laughable 10 year career.  http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2014/engine/current/match/710301.html 

People on this forum like to troll Pakistan's batting, but even they wouldn't take these 2 TTFs in their team, they are that bad.  

Regarding Yuvraj's selection, I believe that is a step backwards as well. I know that he did very good in our series against England back in January but I want to see more of Yuvraj's batting before coming to a conclusion on him. I want him to succeed since I support Team India but I won't be surprised at all if he flops this tournament. 

Edited by SecondSlip
3 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Rahane & Karthik both have played 70+ odis each yet haven't won even 5 matches combined with their bat, both are proven TTFs that will cost India the CT if they play in the starting XI.

I still remember that 2014 Asia cup match against Pakistan where both these match losers scored 25 runs after wasting 50 balls each. That really should have been the end of Karthik in international cricket but here he is back again for the millionth time in his laughable 10 year career.  http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2014/engine/current/match/710301.html 

People on this forum like to troll Pakistan's batting, but even they wouldn't take these 2 TTFs in their team, they are that bad.  

Regarding Yuvraj's selection, I believe that is a step backwards as well. I know that he did very good in our series against England back in January but I want to see more of Yuvraj's batting before coming to a conclusion on him. I want him to succeed since I support Team India but I won't be surprised at all if he flops this tournament. 

I never understood who were the real villains of our embarrassing defeat. People always blame Kohli or Ashwin or someone else. It is so clear to see Rahane and Karthik are clearly the real culprits. They robbed team India of at least 25-30 runs which would have been match winning. 

26 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

in a match were jadeja n ashwin batted at 100+ s/r these guys were batting at below 50...........chullu bhar paani men dooba ke maar do inko

37 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dinesh failed but I have no problem with his selection. Yuvraj, Dhoni, Sharma and Ashwin are the bigger issues for me.

What has karthik done in international cricket compare to each n every other name.

Infact has he even done half of it................

The only thing he has done in so many years is to eat youngsters chances. 

All are top players and karthik has been a failure even today 

2 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

This has nothing to with selection issues, our ODI batting hasn't looked so weak in years.both openers are hacks.only Kohli and Dhoni are capable batsmen.any team can beat us if we bowl poorly.

these hacks are good for patta wkts avl.....we arent playing on seaming tracks. 

These are same set of batsman who won us last CT

2 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I never understood who were the real villains of our embarrassing defeat. People always blame Kohli or Ashwin or someone else. It is so clear to see Rahane and Karthik are clearly the real culprits. They robbed team India of at least 25-30 runs which would have been match winning. 

The reason people blame Kohli is coz he gave a spinner (Ashwin) the last over against a hack like Afridi. Generally the rule of thumb is never to let a spinner bowl the last over and it's especially true against a hack like Afridi.

The 2 dubious selections in this squad are Rahane and Karthick.

Rahane got lucky because KL Rahul got injured.

Karthick got lucky because Manish Pandey got injured.

Hopefully, none of Rahane or Karthick will actually be in the playing 11.

The main worry in the playing 11 will be playing Yuvi and MSD, 2 past-their-prime seniors playing together.  Only one should have played. MSD gets to play because of his brand value.... Yuvi makes me uncomfortable.

We should have developed young players in the NZ '16  and England '17 ODI series.   Should have given chances to players like Pant....who could have played in place of Yuvi  and  could have been in the squad in place of Karthick.

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Rahane's end should've been after WC2015. But that innings against SA deceived selectors. The worst decision was to include him in playing eleven at Wankhede in semifinal of t20wc dropping dhawan. He would've been a good batsman had ODIs been the same like a decade before. Karthik's failure was expected. Not really surprising for anyone.

I think DK has got slotted into final 15 after performing well in the List A games however not sure he is needed in 11 with Dhoni and Yuvraj already there in terms of seniors. He has earned his selection but we could have picked a youngster instead at this time to have a good mic of young and old in the roster.

I am disappointed tthat none of the youngsters were picked.

When it comes to selection, I am conservative actually who likes a balanced squad and wants the seniors to play including Dhoni etc, but having no Pant or some other youngster is disappointing.

We surely could afford to take one youngster instead of either of Rahane/Karthik. 

We have trusted our young bowlers in the past, why not give a long rope to a young batting prospect too and give him a run or at least get him into playing 15 man squad for an ICC tournament.