India A team's tour of South Africa

This tour is being highly anticipated by cricket fans who like to follow young players.  It is due to start on 26th July with the 50-over matches to be played first.

The teams selected have been very good and are full of exciting talent.

I would personally specially look forward to the performances of

Siraj, Thampi, Aniket C, Saini

Pant, Iyer, Kishan

Shankar, Krunal

I hope the matches are telecasted. With the drama going on with the senior team, this tour could have good viewership.

p.s - Please sticky this thread.

Edited by express bowling

The teams are as follows - 

One-day Team -

Mandeep Singh, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Manish Pandey (Captain), Deepak Hooda, Karun Nair, Krunal Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), Vijay Shankar, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jayant Yadav, Basil Thampi, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Siddarth Kaul.

Test Team -

PK Panchal, Samarth, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Karun Nair (Captain), Sudip Chatterjee, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hanuma Vihari, Jayant Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Aniket Choudhary, Ankit Rajpoot.

3 minutes ago, tweaker said:

The teams are as follows - 

One-day Team -

Mandeep Singh, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Manish Pandey (Captain), Deepak Hooda, Karun Nair, Krunal Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), Vijay Shankar, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jayant Yadav, Basil Thampi, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Siddarth Kaul.

Test Team -

PK Panchal, Samarth, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Karun Nair (Captain), Sudip Chatterjee, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hanuma Vihari, Jayant Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Aniket Choudhary, Ankit Rajpoot.

Samarth has been inducted later to replace Mukund, who is in our test team.

Feeling sad that Nathu Singh missed out due to some reason.

Would like to know what it is.

He is a very international-type bowler with pace, bounce, swing, seam-movement yorkers, bouncers etc.

This video showcases it.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2344/duleep-trophy-2016-17-india-red-vs-india-green-nathu-singhs-6-wicket-haul

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Feeling sad that Nathu Singh missed out due to some reason.

Would like to know what it is.

He is a very international-type bowler with pace, bounce, swing, seam-movement yorkers, bouncers etc.

This video showcases it.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2344/duleep-trophy-2016-17-india-red-vs-india-green-nathu-singhs-6-wicket-haul

He may be injured

Out of the above guys i feel some of them have the potential of representing INDIA in the ODI/T20 team not all of them. i will Share Yes or NO as per my strong belief.

Mandeep Singh- Over rated opener ..BIG NO.

Shreyas Iyer- Very highly Talented YES.

Sanju Samson- Very highly Talented YES.

Manish- He is already a part of ODI team and he needs to replace UVraj.

Deepak Hooda- Cant be sure of his technique , he could be successful only if he proves as an allrounder. if he focusses on his batting and bowling he will compete with krunnal pandya and Ravinder Jadeja. this is good competition i feel krunnal has best chances to suceed as he is a restrictive bowler and a Good Batsman.

Karun Nair- Cant be Sure about him..i think manish pandey shreyas iyer kedar are better than him ,even samson and rishabh are better than him for ODI..he may be picked in tests if he plays well

vijay shankar is alternate to hardik and Hence he has great Chances as there could be time when Hardik is unfit or is out of form and thats the time vijay shankar could get a look in. actually he should go to africa, australia and england with india team.

axar- i dont like him as he is defensive spinner and he is OK to be picked as a replacement to an all rounder ..his batting is not good enough to be called as an all rounder just like Jadeja and i believe krunnal pandya will beat him and Deepak Hooda in future.

chahal..good Spinner , wrist spinner like our china man so he should get some chances.

jayant yadav..is kinda an all rounder so should compete with krunnal ,ravinder ,deepak ..i feel krunnal has the edge.

Basil- good yorkers..good pace.

Siraj- He is better than Basil thampi and faster too.

Shardul- he knows how to ball with old ball too and reverse swing but i feel Siraj is better than Him.

SID Kaul- He is a bit Slow so may not play for INDIA.

One day tournament schedule 

Revised schedule (all matches in Pretoria)

Date Home Team Venue
July 26 South Africa A A v India A Groenkloof
July 28 Afghanistan A v India A Tuks Oval
July 30 South Africa A v Afghanistan A Tuks Oval
August 1 India A v Afghanistan A Tuks Oval
August 3 South Africa A v India A Tuks Oval
August 5 South Africa A v Afghanistan A Tuks Oval
August 8 Final Tuks Oval