Sri Lanka has to prepare rank turners to compete.

CG

1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

Imagine when Herath retires, what are they left with to compete with? Sanga, Mahela, Dilshan, Malinga, they all left and soon herath will depart aswell. Really feel sorry for Lanka cricket. 

Sri Lanka has loads of talent as a country.

New players should come up.

Experienced players like Chandimal and Matthews are not bad.

New pacers like Pradeep, Kumara, Chameera have the basic ingredients.

There is spin talent in Sandakan.

Mendis and Karunaratne have batting talent.

Perera is a good all-rounder.

Dickwella is ok as a keeper-batsman

I guess it is more a case of new talent not being professionally handled and this is resulting in them maturing slowly.

31 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

please give a wicket with a full green cover... I would like our batsman be put in such testing conditions and our pace bowlers step up a bit without handing ball over to the spinners within the first 10 overs..

We have got 2  " non-subcontinent-type-pitches " in the last few months in India and we won both those tests. 

The first was a green Eden Gardens pitch against NZ. Both Shami and Bhuvi took 6 wickets each. Our batters batted grittily and we won.

The 2nd was the Dharamsala test against Austalia. It was a pitch offering steep bounce and some seam movement and it behaved more like an Australian pitch. Umesh was on fire there and we won. Our quicks out-bounced the Australians.

So....I too am looking forward to a green or seam-friendly pitch    :  )

Edited by express bowling
16 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

please give a wicket with a full green cover... I would like our batsman be put in such testing conditions and our pace bowlers step up a bit without handing ball over to the spinners within the first 10 overs..

Short memory? We had that type of a pitch last time in SSC and Ishant got 8-fer, Pujara scored 145.

There's no shame in Lanka preparing rank turners, if they decide to go down that route. Their objective is to win test matches, and if rank turners help them win, they should make them. It's called home field advantage for a reason. 

I wouldn't mind seeing India vs SL on a rank turner. The two best spin playing countries fighting it out on a turner would provide variety in cricket. 

11 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

There's no shame in Lanka preparing rank turners, if they decide to go down that route. Their objective is to win test matches, and if rank turners help them win, they should make them. It's called home field advantage for a reason. 

I wouldn't mind seeing India vs SL on a rank turner. The two best spin playing countries fighting it out on a turner would provide variety in cricket. 

Only difference is that SL usually doesn't go that way these days. For last few years, SL has been producing best pitches which have been good for spinners, pacers and batsmen. Such conditions would produce good cricket between two top ranked teams.

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Only difference is that SL usually doesn't go that way these days. For last few years, SL has been producing best pitches which have been good for spinners, pacers and batsmen. Such conditions would produce good cricket between two top ranked teams.

Yes, our last tour there had some of the most exciting cricket. Hopefully the next 2 matches this series have similar quality pitches. 

I wonder if their young core: Mathews, Mendis, and Chandimal prefer to play on less spinning tracks. Sanga and Mahela were ATG players of spin, so they could afford turning tracks. Maybe their younger batsmen aren't as comfortable.

I agree with OP on preparing rank turners. Our batting is feared more than our bowling and preparing rank turners will give their bowlers a lot of confidence even if Herath is injured. I know that it could backfire on SL batsmen with Ashwin and Jadeja in our team but it's a risk worth taking.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I agree with OP on preparing rank turners. Our batting is feared more than our bowling and preparing rank turners will give their bowlers a lot of confidence even if Herath is injured. I know that it could backfire on SL batsmen with Ashwin and Jadeja in our team but it's a risk worth taking.

Ashwin, Jaddu and Kuldeep will be fun to watch on a rank turner against Sri Lanka. The only time they played together was against Australia at Dharamsala on a pitch which was closer to Perth than Eden Gardens.

27 minutes ago, MechEng said:

With 2 spinners in top 3 of ICC rankings, no way batsmen are more feared than our bowlers in such conditions. 

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

With 2 spinners in top 3 of ICC rankings, no way batsmen are more feared than our bowlers in such conditions. 

ICC rankings theek hain but Ashwin of today is nowhere as deadly as he was in 2015 vs South Africa. Flat decks would mean runs daawat for Kohli, Pujara, Dhawan and Rahane. Rank turners would be tough for our batters as only Pujara can be considered an expert on playing spin bowling.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Short memory? We had that type of a pitch last time in SSC and Ishant got 8-fer, Pujara scored 145.

which part of my post makes you think I have short memory... Iam more interested in watching shami and Umesh bowl more overs before England tour. Short memory my foot.

P.S. please explain whats with the "short memory" that you just accused me of here

//please give a wicket with a full green cover... I would like our batsman be put in such testing conditions and our pace bowlers step up a bit without handing ball over to the spinners within the first 10 overs..//

so what is that I am accusing the Indian team of here?

wishing to see the fast bowlers in action for longer time is wrong?

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
On 7/30/2017 at 4:50 AM, express bowling said:

Sri Lanka has loads of talent as a country.

New players should come up.

Experienced players like Chandimal and Matthews are not bad.

New pacers like Pradeep, Kumara, Chameera have the basic ingredients.

There is spin talent in Sandakan.

Mendis and Karunaratne have batting talent.

Perera is a good all-rounder.

Dickwella is ok as a keeper-batsman

I guess it is more a case of new talent not being professionally handled and this is resulting in them maturing slowly.

When Sanga was around, they were my 2nd most fav team. Hence the emotional sorry feeling towards them. I know they have the talent but that will take a while to blossom. At the current moment, its more of a roller coaster ride - lots of ups and downs. 

On 7/29/2017 at 8:26 PM, CG said:

The gulf between two sides is huge.Srilanka has to seriously consider rank turner for best two tests.

Sent from my BLN-L22 using Tapatalk

Rank turners will further humiliate us ......match will be over in 2 days !!!!

Rank turners will further humiliate us ......match will be over in 2 days !!!!
It's only chance for Sri Lanka ,indian batting has been know to collapse against ordinary spin and it will reduce the gap between both attacks.You may even win in 2 days.