Oh come on BCCI *facepalm*

It's been raining since weeks in Hyderabad. Why couldn't BCCI  just shift it to another venue? This time you had time on your hand. Rajiv Gandhi has terrible terrible drainage. They should have shown a bit more awareness and shifted this series decider. Just swap some venue of the NZ or SL series with Hyderabad. One week should be more than enough for any of the metropolitan cities to arrange for a game.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Richest board can't even hire helicopters to help with drying outfield....pathetic...where is the money going? Hyderabad and have seen this before with Kolkata as well and these are the 2 bigger centers.....where the fk is the money being spent ?

Sachin retirement 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Richest board can't even hire helicopters to help with drying outfield....pathetic...where is the money going? Hyderabad and have seen this before with Kolkata as well and these are the 2 bigger centers.....where the fk is the money being spent ?

surely you need to ask the local cricket association this and not the BCCI?

wtf is up with the Hyderabad cricket board?

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How much money did Shivlal Yadav make from this stadium. Was he not in charge of building this stadium, it is an utter disgrace not to have proper drainage now a days.They  are still taking public for ride.

that stadium does not even have a proper roof.

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

that stadium does not even have a proper roof.

If I am not wrong I remember seeing a video of Shivlal Yadav talking about this stadium, how he visited stadiums all over the world and tried to design the best stadium.Best stadium my foot if it does not even have roof for fans to watch test cricket or cricket during day time. It is all about corruption there ,HCA is worst and these two Yadav and Ayub have made a mockery.

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

surely you need to ask the local cricket association this and not the BCCI?

wtf is up with the Hyderabad cricket board?

I think MCA and KSCA are the only 2 professionaly run boards out there...hopefully Bengal is improving with Ganguly handling things but like from what we saw with the way  WT20 Ind-Pak game was organized with the stupid ceremony eating away the actual game time and atleast 1 occasion in recent past when a similar outfield problem occurred not sure if it has improved. probably Tamil Nadu,Delhi are the next best.

Hyderabad cricket has had issues for a while now...starting from the whole Rayudu-Yadav fiasco to the whole politicizing of naming the stadium after Rajiv Gandhi to total chaos and mismanagement..

but again as I mentioned above apart from 2 or 3 boards rest all are in a mess and this is why BCCI as a central body need to step in.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If I am not wrong I remember seeing a video of Shivlal Yadav talking about this stadium, how he visited stadiums all over the world and tried to design the best stadium.Best stadium my foot if it does not even have roof for fans to watch test cricket or cricket during day time. It is all about corruption there ,HCA is worst and these two Yadav and Ayub have made a mockery.

It was not designed by Shivlal Yadav...it was built by Vishaka group and Vivekanand who owns it and it was a pet project of his and he wanted to name it after his dad....it took all the zing out of him when the whole YSR era where inexplicably everything important in Hyderabad was named after Rajiv Gandhi who had absolutely no connection whatsoever with Hyderabad.

He was literally bullied into it and he just did the bare minimum to get it running and gave up.

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think MCA and KSCA are the only 2 professionaly run boards out there...hopefully Bengal is improving with Ganguly handling things but like from what we saw with the way  WT20 Ind-Pak game was organized with the stupid ceremony eating away the actual game time and atleast 1 occasion in recent past when a similar outfield problem occurred not sure if it has improved. probably Tamil Nadu,Delhi are the next best.

Hyderabad cricket has had issues for a while now...starting from the whole Rayudu-Yadav fiasco to the whole politicizing of naming the stadium after Rajiv Gandhi to total chaos and mismanagement..

but again as I mentioned above apart from 2 or 3 boards rest all are in a mess and this is why BCCI as a central body need to step in.

KSCA and professional :cantstop:

Huge corruption involved. They were recently caught hiring cabs billed in lacs used by the spouses even when Lodha committee was monitoring. They built this stadium for 120 crores or so.. same time nagpur ground was built in 40 crores.

Edited by Vk1
On ‎13‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 9:16 PM, maniac said:

It was not designed by Shivlal Yadav...it was built by Vishaka group and Vivekanand who owns it and it was a pet project of his and he wanted to name it after his dad....it took all the zing out of him when the whole YSR era where inexplicably everything important in Hyderabad was named after Rajiv Gandhi who had absolutely no connection whatsoever with Hyderabad.

He was literally bullied into it and he just did the bare minimum to get it running and gave up.

This. 

The Stadium was a half baked job when the naming rights was taken away by the YSR government and wasn't fully completed. The Cosntructor was supposed to be given the naming rights especially as the stadium belongs to the HCA and not to the Andhra Pradesh government. The Indian mindset of naming stadiums / airports / flyovers after politicians screwed this up. Shivlal Yadav did make his money though

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

This. 

The Stadium was a half baked job when the naming rights was taken away by the YSR government and wasn't fully completed. The Cosntructor was supposed to be given the naming rights especially as the stadium belongs to the HCA and not to the Andhra Pradesh government. The Indian mindset of naming stadiums / airports / flyovers after politicians screwed this up. Shivlal Yadav did make his money though

How does it stop HCA from installing a proper drainage facility like in most other stadiums in India ?