Dinesh Karthick vs Manish Pandey

sarcastic

India has an open position, i.e. no 4 in ODIs to be filled and right now two people are vying for that. This is in the hands of Dinesh Karthick and Manish Pandey one of whom will surely play in WC 19 if they could cement their place. There are two good articles each in a different website supporting Pandey and Karthik respectively. 

Pandey's chance to end India's hunt for a No. 4

and 

No. 4 a great position for me to bat: Dinesh Karthik

Who deserves the opportunity among these two>>> Whom should team India back? Discuss...

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It should have been Karthik vs Dhoni and he will win it easily as the latter is useless in each and every department. 

At least Dhoni provides something useful to the team, going back to Karthik when we have better options is pathetic. Shameful selection.

44 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

At least Dhoni provides something useful to the team, going back to Karthik when we have better options is pathetic. Shameful selection.

Think Kartik has really improved in recent years, hence the consistent performances by him be it in IPL or Ranji. We need a solid bat more than anything in this phaltu team. 

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Think Kartik has really improved in recent years, hence the consistent performances by him be it in IPL or Ranji. We need a solid bat more than anything in this phaltu team. 

Karthik is a proven failure. Get KL Rahul in the damn team and give him some leeway. Or be bold and get Iyer in. Enough of these hasbeen selections. 

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Karthik is a proven failure. Get KL Rahul in the damn team and give him some leeway. Or be bold and get Iyer in. Enough of these hasbeen selections. 

Karthik is a proven domestic bully always and an international failure always. He will score some useful 30s and 50s (like now) and then fizzle out and get dropped, then return to the domestic scene to thrash attacks and come back.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I have no memory of him from his earlier days so I have no idea. From what i have seen him recently, he is good at rotating strike rates and is a great timer of the ball. A better version than Jadhav and Dhoni. 

20 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I have no memory of him from his earlier days so I have no idea. From what i have seen him recently, he is good at rotating strike rates and is a great timer of the ball. A better version than Jadhav and Dhoni. 

Bro he is a retread. There are far better options out there.

My memories of Karthik

- when he mouthed off against Sidebottom in England 2007 tour ( he had some gritty knocks there)

- that catch he took in 2007 WT20 against South africa in the slips

- him, yuvi, and uthappa checking out a reporters ass and sachin facing the other way :cantstop:

Trust me, we are better off giving chances to youngsters.