Jump to content
rkt.india

Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Normally dont buy into pace bowler hype , but he looks like an exciting prospect . The flat pitch makes it seem like hes bowling in high 130s , but thats genuine pace and very impressive for a 19 year old . 

 

 

138ks  for me...decent

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Why can't India produce a bowler like Hazlewood/Ryan Harris who can hit the seam consistently all through the day? Starc may be the premium pacer but Hazlewood and Harris type bowlers win them matches.. bowl at 140 consistently with great discipline.

Ryan Harris was not always that. He used to pitch it fuller and reverse the ball as well and bowled at a very high pace at times. Ideally you need someone who is around 6'5" with long levers and a high arm action + maintaining minimum extension at the crease to get consistently good bounce. Except Ishant , I can't think of any bowler who is that tall to begin with. But yes we need a couple of these kinds bowlers in tests to be successful.

Share this post


Link to post

People who are saying that he is bowling 130s or high 130s. Let me tell them, I have seen most of the domestic cricket shown live on TV or hotstar in last one year. I have seen Sangwan clocking 146, Thampi clocking 145, Aniket clocking 144, Nathu Singh clocking 142-143, Siraj clocking around 135-140, Warrier around 135-140, and bowling from Porel was probably the quickest of them all.  Last bowler, I remember making the domestic batsmen jump and hop like this was Aaron in 2011. Sangwan clocked one ball at 146K, while Porel bowled plenty of similar deliveries in 47 overs he bowled.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

People who are saying that he is bowling 130s or high 130s. Let me tell them, I have seen most of the domestic cricket shown live on TV or hotstar in last one year. I have seen Sangwan clocking 146, Thampi clocking 145, Aniket clocking 144, Nathu Singh clocking 142-143, Siraj clocking around 135-140, Warrier around 135-140, and bowling from Porel was probably the quickest of them all.  Last bowler, I remember making the domestic batsmen jump and hop like this was Aaron in 2011. Sangwan clocked one ball at 146K, while Porel bowled plenty of similar deliveries in 47 overs he bowled.

I guess we'll have to wait till we get a speed recording. 

Share this post


Link to post

I feel he doesn't use left hand as much, could get much quicker if he learns to do that, 150 is a bit over the top, he has ambition to get there though!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Ishan is well known for his pace in the Maidan (The capital of Bengal cricket).He is physically not that

well built but bowls fast.Certainly 140+ but I'm not sure about 150kph.Ganguly rates him highly and he

likes bowlers with pace.He was the reason Aaron got picked in KKR though din't played much for the

franchise.I'd love to see Ishan on a decent speedgun.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like an exciting prospect,  wish we would have speed guns in all our domestic games. Right now this assessment of pace is often reduced to an individual's assessment, while experienced viewers may be able to this it still leaves room for debate.  Can't our board afford it?

Share this post


Link to post
Ishan is well known for his pace in the Maidan (The capital of Bengal cricket).He is physically not that
well built but bowls fast.Certainly 140+ but I'm not sure about 150kph.Ganguly rates him highly and he
likes bowlers with pace.He was the reason Aaron got picked in KKR though din't played much for the
franchise.I'd love to see Ishan on a decent speedgun.
Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.

Did you even watch him bowl in this game? If that isn't fast then nothing is. Hype would have been if we hadnt seen him. Now we have seen him bowl and he was just too quick to handle. This was one of the quickest bowling I have seen in Indian domestic cricket And I have seen Sangwan, Thampi, Nathu clicking 142-145k.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.

 

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Did you even watch him bowl in this game? If that isn't fast then nothing is. Hype would have been if we hadnt seen him. Now we have seen him bowl and he was just too quick to handle. This was one of the quickest bowling I have seen in Indian domestic cricket And I have seen Sangwan, Thampi, Nathu clicking 142-145k.

 

My impression is that Porel has added pace in the last few months. Happens to teenagers.

 

He was a bouncy fast-medium the last time I saw him but bowled real quick yesterday.  His arm-rotation speed and effort while bowling seem to have increased.

 

That maybe the reason for this difference of opinion.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

My impression is that Porel has added pace in the last few months. Happens to teenagers.

 

He was a bouncy fast-medium the last time I saw him but bowled real quick yesterday.  His arm-rotation speed and effort while bowling seem to have increased.

 

That maybe the reason for this difference of opinion.

Maybe but even 140-145 is great pace for a 19 year old and his yesterday's bowling certainly reached that pace. He going to get quicker.

@Malcolm Merlyn saying he bowled 135k. Dont we know what is 135kph and what is 145? 

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Maybe but even 140-145 is great pace for a 19 year old and his yesterday's bowling certainly reached that pace. He going to get quicker.

 

I was saying the same thing      : )

 

MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Maybe but even 140-145 is great pace for a 19 year old and his yesterday's bowling certainly reached that pace.

I won't be surprised if  his fastest ball yesterday was quicker than that.     ( if  3 speed-guns or high-speed cameras were in use like international games )

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
 
I was saying the same thing      : )
 
MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.
Porel was hyped to be quick as he comes from the background of being a kabaddi player so people thought that with that upper body strength he would be quick.He was not.But what surprised people was his ability to seam the ball, a very rare talent in India.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

I was saying the same thing      : )

 

MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.

MM was saying he bowled 135. Don't we know what 135 looks like on Indian pitches.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
10 minutes ago, express bowling said:
 
I was saying the same thing      : )
 
MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.

Porel was hyped to be quick as he comes from the background of being a kabaddi player so people thought that with that upper body strength he would be quick.He was not.But what surprised people was his ability to seam the ball, a very rare talent in India.

But he is anyway quick. Why are not you accepting. He retired hurt a set top order batsman yesterday hitting him twice flush on the helmet.  Seaming the ball is no talent. It all depends on pitch. Even Stuart binny, vinay kumar, mohit sharma seam the ball on a favorable pitch.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.

I don't post just for the sake of hyping someone.I said what I know and he is known for his pace.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
17 minutes ago, express bowling said:
 
I was saying the same thing      : )
 
MM may have a different impression if he saw him bowl a few months back .... and the both of you are right.

Porel was hyped to be quick as he comes from the background of being a kabaddi player so people thought that with that upper body strength he would be quick.He was not.But what surprised people was his ability to seam the ball, a very rare talent in India.

 

I saw Porel a few months back and he was not quick but fast-medium.

 

But yesterday, he was bowling with genuine hostile pace .... his action has definitely improved in the meantime.

 

Check his ball-by-ball overs on hotstar and you would enjoy it     : )

 

Share this post


Link to post

I can't say whether he is 150 kph or not.But if u watch him bowl u can easily feel that he has got pace.

Watching him on a speedgun will give u a measure of his pace but u don't need it to understand he has

got something rare which is ability to bowl quick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ShebbySB said:

I can't say whether he is 150 kph or not.But if u watch him bowl u can easily feel that he has got pace.

Watching him on a speedgun will give u a measure of his pace but u don't need it to understand he has

got something rare which is ability to bowl quick.

 

Yes, even if you don't know his exact pace, seeing him bowl, you know he is bowling quick.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

MM was saying he bowled 135. Don't we know what 135 looks like on Indian pitches.

 

I don't know whether it was a case of  Porel hitting good rhythm yesterday  ( like Bumrah did in CT17 and touched 148 k or 147 k every match  ) .... but he was way quicker than 135 k yesterday (    if international match speed measuring devices were present  )     : )

Share this post


Link to post

guys please calm down with the excitement, it's good to see a potential talent, another thing to completely go off the charts with the excitement. Let him come under a speed gun then, let's make the presumptions, lets not forget the height & action allows him to naturally get more bounce than others..

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, even if you don't know his exact pace, seeing him bowl, you know he is bowling quick.

I agree with u on the point that he has got pace though I doubt he's able to bowl 150 kph yet...but

very exciting prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, nsareen said:

guys please calm down with the excitement, it's good to see a potential talent, another thing to completely go off the charts with the excitement. Let him come under a speed gun then, let's make the presumptions, lets not forget the height & action allows him to naturally get more bounce than others..

Manpreet gony is 6 feet 4. Bowls 135kph. Ever saw him bowl like this?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol.No.

He isnt know for his pace.Rsther he is known for his ability to seam the ball.He bowled wonderfully on the newly laid pitch at eden for his club.

I know exactly how this hype of him being quick came up.

lol quite playing so safe,one could say that for almost anyone

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Manpreet gony is 6 feet 4. Bowls 135kph. Ever saw him bowl like this?

your sample is too short, there are videos of him bowling in england, mumbai with U19s , but dint look like english batsmen were trembeling under fear, moreover he went over 6-7 economy, so let him get under a speed gun, to make these claims, else you'll be the first one to get disappointed..

 

Also a question to be asked is why would Dravid not recommend him for Asia Cup in Malasia, he seems to be dropped after the England series, that's not a confidence booster. 

 

On the other hand he did really well in the Inter Zonal Vinoo Mankad U19 series , one of the top wicket takers. I myself was vocal in one of the other threads that he should be the 3rd seamer after Nagarkoti / Mavi instead of the slow medium Vidarbha Bowler and when he go his chances he wasnt that economical. But in the recent home series he has been on fire, so i like the guy, but i would not jump to sensationalist claims just yet

Edited by nsareen

Share this post


Link to post

The thread title brought me here to see this awe inspiring bowler bowl 150ks. Oh how memorized I feel seeing this phenomina at work. Op using Eye-speed gun has got me excited!

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

The thread title brought me here to see this awe inspiring bowler bowl 150ks. Oh how memorized I feel seeing this phenomina at work. Op using Eye-speed gun has got me excited!

yup...glad pakistanis didnt use eye speed guns in Yasir Jan 's case....giggle

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, the don said:

 

This is what 95 mph actually looks like .

Its awfully weird seeing England ending up facing our fastest bowls at the other end. No wonder these English never won a World cup.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×