Rajneesh Gurbani

sarcastic

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The batsmen look very uncomfortable.

But he is not 150 k ..... more like fastest in the mid to high 140s ..... average of high 130s to maybe 140.

Exactly!! this is what I feels too, he seems to have zippy pace going in his bowling along with sharp seam movement,has troubled every one, might be around 135kph to 148kph in internationals

Edited by speedheat
35 minutes ago, maniac said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer..guy seems to lack pace...max 135 type bowler....have you guys seen Vinay Kumar bowl in domestics? He looks like a second coming of Dale Steyn.

You need to be sharp...atleast in the 140 range...unfortunately the guys taking wickets are in the trundler zone and the guys with pace hardly pick up wickets and we are left with drooling over the speed guns.

Movement is his plus point.Vinay movement is slight both ways.This guy has a genuene outswinger and a killer indipper.

Not saying he will be a sure success.But considering his performance in key matches, deserves a chance in A team.

Edited by renjith
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The batsmen look very uncomfortable.

But he is not 150 k ..... more like fastest in the mid to high 140s ..... average of high 130s to maybe 140.

The  speed gun  regularly  showed speeds above  141,143,few 144ks .I'm sure the intl speed guns will read his speeds  between 145-148 at this point even the ipl ones may read the same

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

It won't for the average speed.

It may or may not for the fastest speed as some  much-higher-than-average speeds are occasionally recorded by some speed-guns.... like the 147 k by Shardul in his first ODI ..... a bowler who rarely touches 140 k in domestic matches.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, renjith said:

Movement is his plus point.Vinay movement is slight both ways.This guy has a genuene outswinger and a killer indipper.

Not saying he will be a sure success.But considering his performance in key matches, deserves a chance in A team.

I am ok even if he has skills like Bhuvi and can improve the pace later on like he did.

I like pace but most importantly it is skill....you can be a 150k bowler and still be a trundler....Varun Aaron for example and occasionally Wahab Riaz,Dilhara Fernando and Umesh Yadav.

130-135k bowlers like Asif,McGrath,Walsh,Bhuvi,Philander etc are not trundlers in my book. 

Let us hope  this kid has crazy skills or atleast decent skills and works hard enough to improve pace....we have had too many sour experiences with fast bowlers who have taken buckets of wickets in domestics. Eg,Vinay Kumar,Pankaj Singh,Joginder Sharma and the list goes on.

Shami is the only one who comes to mind who has had stellar domestic seasons and also looked international class right from the get go..other semi-success stories like likes of Ishant,Umesh or even Sreeshanth etc back in the day mostly got a break due to their potential .Bhuvi well he has improved but early on looked lukewarm on unhelpful pitches even though had great skills when it was swinging and seaming.

This guy Gurbani is ready for Test cricket and should be fast-tracked into the team. If any of the pacers get injured, get him directly into the squad. He has the ability to swing and seam the ball, which could be very handy in SA. No point just grinding him in domestics. What is admirable is that he also bowls a good consistent line and length and always probing in the right areas.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

I am ok even if he has skills like Bhuvi and can improve the pace later on like he did.

I like pace but most importantly it is skill....you can be a 150k bowler and still be a trundler....Varun Aaron for example and occasionally Wahab Riaz,Dilhara Fernando and Umesh Yadav.

130-135k bowlers like Asif,McGrath,Walsh,Bhuvi,Philander etc are not trundlers in my book. 

Let us hope  this kid has crazy skills or atleast decent skills and works hard enough to improve pace....we have had too many sour experiences with fast bowlers who have taken buckets of wickets in domestics. Eg,Vinay Kumar,Pankaj Singh,Joginder Sharma and the list goes on.

Shami is the only one who comes to mind who has had stellar domestic seasons and also looked international class right from the get go..other semi-success stories like likes of Ishant,Umesh or even Sreeshanth etc back in the day mostly got a break due to their potential .Bhuvi well he has improved but early on looked lukewarm on unhelpful pitches even though had great skills when it was swinging and seaming.

He is very much at the same level of bhuvi when he came around. It will take him time to develop. Hopefully he can continue with this performance in zonal matches and get into A team.

Modern day batsmen are more vulnerable to swing/seam than speed. So these kind of bowlers also should be supported.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

If he has ability to seam like asif or McGrath, then it's like finding an unicorn

Saw Gurbani bowl a full spell for the first time today.

He is primarily a swing bowler .... did not see much seam movement.  Was bowling 125 k to 130 k.

He did not bowl that accurately today .... bowled a few jaffas and a lot of loose balls which got hit.

Wasn't getting bounce in today's spell at least.

Picked up a wicket.

Need to see him more before forming an opinion.

Edited by express bowling
22 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saw Gurbani bowl a full spell for the first time today.

He is primarily a swing bowler .... did not see much seam movement.  Was bowling 125 k to 130 k.

He did not bowl that accurately today .... bowled a few jaffas and a lot of loose balls which got hit.

Wasn't getting bounce in today's spell at least.

Picked up a wicket.

Need to see him more before forming an opinion.

Did he look innocuous when there was no movement? Main challenge of these kind of bowlers is whether they can survive no swing/seam phases.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

True.

He looked good when the ball was moving and ordinary when the ball did not swing.

He was at his worst on the 4th day of the Ranji match and you saw him on the wrong day to judge him. Moreover, the Delhi players are going after bowling as they wanted to keep the match alive. But anyways, have to see him when there is no swing for sure. He does seem to produce those spells whenever he can. So, someone like  Bhuvi so far.