Kaul           147.7 k   

Bumrah     146.4 k

Shami        146.3 k

Mavi          145.x k

Hardik       145.0 k

Khejroliya 143.2 k

Bhuvi         143.x k

Shardul     141.x k

i am actually pretty disappointed that no one breached 150. Nagarkoti was the best bet but now he is gone. Guess it would be either Umesh or Shami now.

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls by Indians so far in this IPL

Umesh      149.4 k

Kaul           147.7 k   

Bumrah     146.4 k

Shami        146.3 k

Mavi          145.x k

Hardik       145.0 k

Khejroliya 143.2 k

Bhuvi         143.x k

Shardul     141.x k

Havent been following IPL. However, looks to me that Umesh is back to his normal pace. In the last 3-4 months, I was under the impression he has lost about 5k's of pace. But doesnt so. Will wait for him to replicate the speeds in tests.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls by Indians so far in this IPL

Umesh      149.4 k

Kaul           147.7 k   

Bumrah     146.4 k

Shami        146.3 k

Mavi          145.x k

Hardik       145.0 k

Khejroliya 143.2 k

Bhuvi         143.x k

Shardul     141.x k

Adding on to this, we have Aaron,Ishant, Nagarkoti ,Khaleel and Avesh who can clock 140+ from those I've seen and Asif and Thampi from what I've heard. But the most impressive has been kaul pacewise. Has he improved a lot? Will he make it to the national team? 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Adding on to this, we have Aaron,Ishant, Nagarkoti ,Khaleel and Avesh who can clock 140+ from those I've seen and Asif and Thampi from what I've heard. But the most impressive has been kaul pacewise. Has he improved a lot? Will he make it to the national team? 

Kaul was bowling at good pace in IPL last year alos, but IPL is only 4 overs so bowlers give their all . He shud only be a contender for t20 format 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

i am actually pretty disappointed that no one breached 150. Nagarkoti was the best bet but now he is gone. Guess it would be either Umesh or Shami now.

M sure few of them has the ability to crank atleast one deilvery at 150k but here the focus is more on variations

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Havent been following IPL. However, looks to me that Umesh is back to his normal pace. In the last 3-4 months, I was under the impression he has lost about 5k's of pace. But doesnt so. Will wait for him to replicate the speeds in tests.

But I have noticed his average speed has gone down a fraction..

26 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

But I have noticed his average speed has gone down a fraction..

Yes ...  Umesh had bowled 135 k to 150 k range with amazing consistency from 2011 to mid 2017.

But had generally bowled 133 k to 145 k from mid 2017 to now.

In this IPL he has been faster in the sense that he has bowled a higher % of deliveries above the 140 k mark compared to the last 9 months.

Edited by express bowling

47 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

Pace wise Nagarkoti is a bit faster. Both are mainly inswing bowlers but have seen Nagarkoti moving the ball away too. I have not seen Mavi move the ball away. Both of them can bowl good yorkers and bouncers. I feel Nagarkoti is slightly ahead of Mavi as a bowler at this moment.

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

Both these guys are developing as bowlers and it is difficult to compare.

Nagarkoti has the potential to be an express bowler. Even now he can bowl lots of deliveries at 145 k + balls.  He can seam the ball in with consistency and can swing the ball away too. Has a good bouncer.

Nagarkoti's biggest plus is the zip he gets off the deck. Even in List A cricket, the batters found it difficult to tackle his stump-directed quick delivery and often lost their wicket. He has a primary wicket-taking ball.

Mavi has genuine pace too and has a beautiful inswinger. As @Mosher bro said, I have not seen him outswing the ball. He can get some good-length deliveries to bounce off length and has a good bouncer.

I would rate Nagarkoti slightly higher as of today because he has a primary wicket-taking ball.

Edited by express bowling