Dk,Kishan and Pant keep rocking but we persist with....

maniac

You either die a hero or you live  long enough to see yourself become the villain.

This is getting true for Dhoni day by day. Nobody has problem with him being in ODI squad but he atleast should not occupy a slot in t20i which will give no benefits for Future of Team India.

Edited by S_pace

10 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Dhoni is a legend. He is an inspiration to millions including all the keepers around the country. Him playing for India and achieving all that has inspired plenty of keepers. Its a fact. Me saying it on ICF is inconsequential to him or the credit he gets. 

The only thing Dhoni bashing will do is put me into good books with all of you maharathis of ICF and give me hundreds of upvotes and I will become famous here.

But obviously, why be a hypocrite and do that when you can just enjoy success of an ATG player from India.

Sachin and Kapil Dev were  my childhood heroes....I like a lot of people is in awe of Rohit Sharma’s skill.

Yet I will be the first one to say Sachin the greatest  cricketer ever overstayed for 6 months.Kapil for atleast a year..Rohit Sharma should not play ahead of Rahane in tests.

However Supoirting a past his prime player who is not even in the league of some of the players mentioned above is almost Afridi level of crazy passion and backing him regardless of all the fkups is even more bizarre.

1 hour ago, Jersey #10 said:

Smart! Use a pencil so when you grow up, at least you can erase your mistakes.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Once you graduate to using a pen,you will be able to analyze better 

Ooh did you come up with that thought on your own because I think its smart :yousuck:

Edited by Garuda

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sachin and Kapil Dev were  my childhood heroes....I like a lot of people is in awe of Rohit Sharma’s skill.

Yet I will be the first one to say Sachin the greatest  cricketer ever overstayed for 6 months.Kapil for atleast a year..Rohit Sharma should not play ahead of Rahane in tests.

However Supoirting a past his prime player who is not even in the league of some of the players mentioned above is almost Afridi level of crazy passion and backing him regardless of all the fkups is even more bizarre.

I have plenty of idols as well apart from Dhoni. Anybody following Indian cricket would never be short of idols, as we have produced many ATGs. This is not even comparing him with others. But just because Dhoni is reverred more than Sachin or others in past is the reason for all hate, then its just sad to see. Get well soon.

And regarding him past his prime is not completely accurate. He has been below his own level but he is not a pushover as you are trying to portray. His International numbers are very good in recent past, its not called past his prime. I understand you wish him to underperform so you can continue with your vile here and entertain your gang but it is just your wishful thinking and will not make it true even if you repeat it 1000 times. As a true Indian fan, I would want him to play as much cricket and score tons of runs and be a part of winning another WC. He is very valuable as keeper/bat/captain in internationals.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hmmm the past prime player is still scoring like Pant and other youngsters. Also he is 36. Mini me was 38 when he played the 2011 world cup and he continued playing for two more years even though he sucked at it. The year before the WC he had one last brilliance where he scored the 200. Why should Dhoni retire especially in this form from ODIs. I agree he must quit T20s. He wasnt even playing in the last tournament. Most of the fans are butthurt that their Dhoni is gaining more attention than their GOD. Thats the reason why this happens. Kohli's tough guy appearance isn't fooling others these days. Under that aggressive exterior, lies a poor tactician when things dont go his way. Dhoni's still the defacto leader in the ODI team.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Dhoni's expiry date in tests 2012, retired in 2015 Australia

Dhoni's expiry date in ODIs 2015, ?

Dhoni's expiry date in T20s 2009, ?

After 2011 WC this guy has gone on to become cancer for Indian cricket. Destroyed our test team, blocked DRS, encouraged corruption/fixing by covering up malpractices in 2013 IPL by even going to the extent of perjuring in SC, sabotaged numerous WT20 campaigns, lost us more T20s singlehandedly than GOAT Kohli won for Team India, destroyed careers of all potential threats to his captaincy, blocked youngsters, became deadweight in ODIs, inculcated a culture of ass kissing and dick sucking, whined like a * after every defeat, made a mockery of team selection by using aroma/taste of Biryani as a criteria, gave prominence to trundlers at the expense of genuine quality quicks, started the trend of sports management companies (Rhiti) and outsiders influencing team selection (Bunty), started a trend of disgusting hairstyles among Indian youth , allowed his wife to outdo his corrupt self by engineering a multi crore fraud...yet lifted to the status of a Hindu deity by chewtiya Indian public, Padma Bhushan :hysterical:.

As the wise @dandaroy once said phuck de India, joke is on all of us. 

I forgot the worst of his deadly sins, treatment meted out to the 1983 WC hero and the bravest Indian to step on a cricket field.

Between June 2011 and August 2012 this is what Dhoni's CV looked like:

- Refused to go for a win in Dominica when we needed 86 runs in 15 overs with 7 wickets in hand (Dravid, Laxman, Kohli, Dhoni still there :facepalm:). In hindsight that was the start of our rot, we didn't play like the world no 1 team, phattu mentality highlighted by Sammy's relief at the end of the match when he admitted he thought WI's goose was cooked before Dhoni's call for truce came. 

- Led us to 0-4 in England in the battle for top spot, one of the worst capitulations in test history where England smashed our side like we were some minnow team just graduating to test level. More than the massacre, it was the way our captain conducted the series that pisses me off to this day. Himself bowling on day 1 in Lord's (was there no contingency planning before the all important series?), flying in RP Singh who was in the middle of a vacation with his family in Barbados and hadn't touched a cricket ball for 6 months then going on to bowl the 1st over of the Oval test with the 1st ball bouncing thrice before reaching the keeper's gloves....still can't get over the horror series where our slip catchers had their hands in the pockets while bowlers and keeper would laugh and joke around in the middle of another 300 run partnership by English batsmen. 

- Led us to 0-4 in Australia. This was against a mediocre Aussie team thus undoing the hard work of fab 4 generation in Australia. In 2003-04 and 2007-08 Aus tours our record was P 8, W 2, L 3, D 3, a remarkable turnaround against ATG Australia after the 1999-00 slaughter. All it took was 2011-12 to make a mockery of our overseas record which was built with so much hard work, determination and mental toughness by Dada and co since 2002 England. I still can't forget the insults and humiliation all of us Indian fans had to go through after that whitewash, every non Indian fan mocked us, insulted us, downplayed our 2002-2010 record with just a paint of a brush......the tale of 0-8 may be over 6 years old but can never forget the aftermath. Everyone from Imran, Tony Greig, Vaughan, Botham, Gough, Arjuna+ other country's fans.... had a mighty go at us, all the happiness of 2010-11 SA and 2011 WC drowned just like that. It wasn't just the scoreline, we never competed, Dhoni had a resigned look on his face and all our zombified players simply went through the motions. Opponent batsmen would score 200s and 300s for fun and we would be skittled out in 2 sessions..rinse and repeat. From the heights of April 2nd, 2011 Indian cricket had become a laughing stock in the cricketing world. 

So you saw what he did in these 12 months. Enter Mohinder Amarnath, the proudest man to wear India cap. The toughest SOB to step on a cricket field who scored 100s against great frightening fast bowlers who reveled in getting his teeth knocked out, fracturing his skull, breaking his jaw bone, breaking his collar bone, busting his ribs yada yada. 11 100s against WI and Pak, many with blood soaked shirts because he had a superstition of not washing his clothes in an innings. And there was lots of blood because as a kid he was instructed by his legendary father to never duck, only hook. At the end of the day's nets session whenever the young Jimmy would go to his dad, Lala would ask him how many he had ducked and give that many tight slaps to his child, so the elder Jimmy refrained from ducking even against the WI quicks and Imran/Sarfaraz for he was an obedient son and worshiped his father. During that time Jimmy was Indian chief selector and his pride wouldn't allow him to remain mum, so he initiated the process to sack Dhoni as test captain. Not dropping from test team, just replacing him as captain, and T20/ODI ki toh baat bhi nahin kari inspite of our poor ODI run after the 2011 WC, especially overseas. Dhoni himself never enjoyed test cricket and had overseen the worst 12 month phase of Indian cricket where we dropped from no 1 to no 6 among 8 top test playing nations. In spite of this Dhoni's ego wouldn't allow this. He and Srini joined hands to remove Jimmy from chief selector's role. Not only was Cool's sacking blocked by Srini, 48 hours later the chief selector was unceremoniously sacked after serving just 1 year out of the 4 year term. That was the cruelest joke to be played on Indian cricket. A disgraced captain and Board President (who also had other commercial interests with the captain) conspired to remove the obstacle.

The sacking of Jimmy had a telling effect on India's future selection policies. If an Indian ATG could be treated this way, no one was safe in the future. That is why selectors stopped doing their job and started acting as per wishes of captain and board. The integrity of the selection chair suffered a huge blow. Not denying that there were selection goof ups before but never this blatant. That is why today we have these spineless selectors who refuse to blood in youngsters instead making sure not to incur the wrath of captain and certain senior established players. External factors like sports management agencies and sponsors have a greater say in Indian team selection than at any past moment in Indian cricket's history. Today we are watching the spectacle of chief selector carrying Dhoni's kitbag and giving him a shoulder massage whilst taking orders like an obedient kutta. The sacking  of Mohinder was a paradigm shift in the sense that selectors became subservient to external forces. This will do Indian cricket more harm and destroy more budding prospects than any past * up or inefficiency of BCCI. I love many of our cricketers but 2 guys have a special place, Bishan Singh Bedi and Mohinder Amarnath because not only were these 2 great cricketers but also never afraid of the board, system or powerful superstars in Team India. Whilst Gavaskar, SRT, Kapil etc kneel down when asked to bend these 2 fine gentlemen will only puff their chests higher. Even the big cats know that silence of these 2 men can never be bought. 

Edited by Gollum

And we should not forget that Dhoni was the reason behind forced retirement of Dravid and VVS . He forced them into retirement by citing the reason that young players are longer prospect for the team.
And now time has changed it's his time to step aside for longer prospect of teams atleast in t20i.

Yes, I remember he did that to get his Home Grocery Supply Chain volunteers in the team...

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Dhoni's expiry date in tests 2012, retired in 2015 Australia

Dhoni's expiry date in ODIs 2015, ?

Dhoni's expiry date in T20s 2009, ?

After 2011 WC this guy has gone on to become cancer for Indian cricket. Destroyed our test team, blocked DRS, encouraged corruption/fixing by covering up malpractices in 2013 IPL by even going to the extent of perjuring in SC, sabotaged numerous WT20 campaigns, lost us more T20s singlehandedly than GOAT Kohli won for Team India, destroyed careers of all potential threats to his captaincy, blocked youngsters, became deadweight in ODIs, inculcated a culture of ass kissing and dick sucking, whined like a * after every defeat, made a mockery of team selection by using aroma/taste of Biryani as a criteria, gave prominence to trundlers at the expense of genuine quality quicks, started the trend of sports management companies (Rhiti) and outsiders influencing team selection (Bunty), started a trend of disgusting hairstyles among Indian youth , allowed his wife to outdo his corrupt self by engineering a multi crore fraud...yet lifted to the status of a Hindu deity by chewtiya Indian public, Padma Bhushan :hysterical:.

As the wise @dandaroy once said phuck de India, joke is on all of us. 

You have to blame the Bombay club for their ass-kissing. How did Dhoni end up here. Gavaskar, Shastri and Manju have been doing it since time immemorial. And what is with dick sucking. Dont project what you do behind closed doors on to here pal. Lots of homos here serving up garbage posts like this. You are from Mumbai arent you. The sickest place in India :sick:

17 minutes ago, Garuda said:

You have to blame the Bombay club for their ass-kissing. How did Dhoni end up here. Gavaskar, Shastri and Manju have been doing it since time immemorial. And what is with dick sucking. Dont project what you do behind closed doors on to here pal. Lots of homos here serving up garbage posts like this. You are from Mumbai arent you. The sickest place in India :sick:

I never mentioned you or made personal remarks, so won't appreciate such posts. I made a general point, you too can make a general point.