Gambhir on how hard working was Gary kirsten as coach

Just now, Switchblade said:

What did he say?

dekh lo yaar

He said , at that they didnt have raghu for throw downs, neither that stick so kirsten use to give throw downs for 3-4 hrs to every player alone in those days

During Ind-Bang test series, when next series was against Sa he started making them prepare for that series in Bangladesh only. How he stood on bench n started giving throw down to make them practice for morkel in middle of bangladesh series 

8 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Admire Gambhir for his passion for the game and the country. Somehow I feel this is lacking in today’s players. Brand endorsements, style and social media presence have taken center stage.

He was my favourite cricketer like you mentioned really love his passion and dedication.The only thing I have against him is after his brilliant knock in the final sadly he faded away.At times I feel him being the highest paid cricketer in 2011 in Ipl and getting the captaincy made him arrogant.His performance went downhill at international level yet he was giving interviews about how if he became the test captain he would do this and that should have performed better.

He was the perfect guy to take over after our horrible performance in 2011 overseas tour only if he performed well,I feel that we would have been decent under him in 5 day format.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dekh lo yaar

He said , at that they didnt have raghu for throw downs, neither that stick so kirsten use to give throw downs for 3-4 hrs to every player alone in those days

During Ind-Bang test series, when next series was against Sa he started making them prepare for that series in Bangladesh only. How he stood on bench n started giving throw down to make them practice for morkel in middle of bangladesh series 

Bahut lambi video hai liked the initial part where he said that ab series nahi jiti tab future me mushkil hai.He also is not a fan of cheerleader.

4 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Bahut lambi video hai liked the initial part where he said that ab series nahi jiti tab future me mushkil hai.He also is not a fan of cheerleader.

i hve already marked from the point where he talks about kirsten only , actually the whole gambhir part is good....so u can skip n see his bits

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i hve already marked from the point where he talks about kirsten only , actually the whole gambhir part is good....so u can skip n see his bits

Liked his views had to watch in bits n pieces praised Kirsten a lot.I believe the current lot lack that passion which the team that was there in 2007 post WC had.After the 2011 WC high seems players stopped caring that much could be wrong but if that anchor was true then current lot has more individual culture than team culture.Travelling differently on bikes buses trains is a news to me thought that teams travel through a team bus or plane had no idea that the traveling rules for the team has been changed.

@Ankit_sharma03 you really think that what the anchor said is true?Gauti said that the team culture which was set by Dada was carried by Rahul and then Msd but now it’s a news for him that cheerleader and co travel individually and he said that it would have a negative impact on Nair and Pant as they might continue this trend.He rates Garry very highly though only if we had a professional coach instead of cheerleader things might have been different.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

@Ankit_sharma03 you really think that what the anchor said is true?Gauti said that the team culture which was set by Dada was carried by Rahul and then Msd but now it’s a news for him that cheerleader and co travel individually and he said that it would have a negative impact on Nair and Pant as they might continue this trend.He rates Garry very highly though only if we had a professional coach instead of cheerleader things might have been different.

see i dnt beilve in that idiot vikrant gupta analysis but they have good news regd team news n all . About team travelling diff, very hard to say....i think the best people are the one who has been their in both circumstances to pass a comment

But yes whatever culture seniors follow, juniors will follow same . 

They have questioned a lot regd team practice also in england , but question will always be raised when u loose . 

[mention=21030]Ankit_sharma03[/mention] you really think that what the anchor said is true?Gauti said that the team culture which was set by Dada was carried by Rahul and then Msd but now it’s a news for him that cheerleader and co travel individually and he said that it would have a negative impact on Nair and Pant as they might continue this trend.He rates Garry very highly though only if we had a professional coach instead of cheerleader things might have been different.

I have seen the players arriving in bus and they also seem to travel in the same plane.
Msd, for all his politicking and cliquey attitude, was still a team player.

Every other guy will definitely get affected as the emphasis is on getting Endorsements instead of playing nice.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

What exactly did India do under Gary Kirsten again, they won world cup but in tests they did not light up anything overseas.I like Gambhir but he was found wanting as soon as the bowlers found his weaknesses. he made merry for one year other than that he was very average in test cricket and SL was big part why he had some success in tests and odis.

This is the guy I thought was better than Cook.But he has been let down, these players are not going for a war, they are playing a game they don't need to be so uptight .

What exactly have previous teams done better than this current team.IMHO none.This team is doing just fine and they have the best captain.

BTW throwing the ball for 4 hours to each player does not make any coach better, you can hire someone to do that job, what makes a coach better is how the team plays under adversity and also tactical inputs are more important than some throw downs.

Edited by putrevus
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What exactly did India do under Gary Kirsten again, they won world cup but in tests they did not light up anything overseas.I like Gambhir but he was found wanting as soon as the bowlers found his weaknesses. he made merry for one year other than that he was very average in test cricket and SL was big part why he had some success in tests and odis.

This is the guy I thought was better than Cook.But he has been let down, these players are not going for a war, they are playing a game they don't need to be so uptight .

What exactly have previous teams done better than this current team.IMHO none.This team is doing just fine and they have the best captain.

BTW throwing the ball for 4 hours to each player does not make any coach better, you can hire someone to do that job, what makes a coach better is how the team plays under adversity and also tactical inputs are more important than some throw downs.

Won in NZ, drew in SA :dontknow:.

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What exactly did India do under Gary Kirsten again, they won world cup but in tests they did not light up anything overseas.

Won won in NZ n drew in SA. 

We didnt go to any other place under him if m not wrong ,

I like Gambhir but he was found wanting as soon as the bowlers found his weaknesses. he made merry for one year other than that he was very average in test cricket and SL was big part why he had some success in tests and odis.

What was the point of bringing his batting in all this 

Hold on to ur thoughts regd kohli being the best captain.........lets take time before having his opinion . 

He might become the greatest in world or not even in India ( numbers shudnt be the only judge)

Coach's 1st job is to prepare team and give it to the captain 

But yea throwing balls doesnt make anyone a better coach but doesnt even take the hard work he put in, also record under him speaks for him or atleast the dressing room enviorment does 

19 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Won in NZ, drew in SA :dontknow:.

Winning against that weak NZ team where they had to battle so hard to draw one test is not at all a big deal. They were blown out in SA in one test and were fighting to save the last one if not for pitch they would have lost that one.Lost odi series in SA.I wouldn't term that as great overseas acheivement.

Edited by putrevus