Does India need a foreign coach?

Lala

Does India need a foreign coach?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does India need a foreign coach?

Since Shastri is obsolete now, I guess there will be a need of foreign coach like Kirsten. There will be conflicts and bias with local coaches. This is a common error for sub continent countries. They only did miracles with foreign coaches. Players are not obedient to local coaches despite they can understand the weaknesses of players and mentor them in mother language. However there will be lot of dysfunctional behavior when associating local coaches in business or vice versa. 

Related image

Image result for gary kirsten and ravi shastri

Not necessarily, Fletcher would suck just as much.

A performance oriented "don't mess with me" coach who reads the riot act to the captain and team is what's needed. Bahut hua dosti yaari selfies WAGs & shopping, practice hard and give your best whatever the conditions, else I'll find someone else in place of u.

Edited by Clarke

Shashtri is not a coach-- he is a yes man and a cheerleader.

I mean when our coachin staff includes Shashtri ( pregnant cheerleader) Bharat Arun(who?) and Sanjay Bangar ( wut?) then you know this is only there so the Kohli has his absolute authority without anyone questioning him.

I wish we had Kirsten back or someone like Kumble who does not take crap from the captain and is there to bring the best out of the players. Current state of nepotism and corruption in BCCI and indian cricket makes it hard for me to see them bringing in any foreign coaches till Kohli is in the setup.

The advantage of an Indian coach would be that they would know local upcoming talent better than a foreign coach. This would keep the current players on their toes due to increased competition.

Would be nice to have especially someone who has coached them at U19 level. If they won a WC under him, that would be great. If he was a renowned player in his time with a strong focus on fundamentals and good overseas record, that would be terrific. I would love to see such a coach for team India. 

(Jammy Sir, are you reading this :rose:)

@Lala Bhai foreign coach corrupt system me kya jadu karega?Uske lie board selection committee fans aur players sabko committed rehna hoga behtar banne k lie. Sadly our board players were happy with one major victories like WC or CT kabhi Australia ya Windies ki tarah dominate karne ka nahi socha ya overseas me ja k jite ye soch nahi rahi ab priority home series aur paisa hai.