Young couple trying to prove human kindness killed by ISIS in Tajikistan.

Turning_track

4 hours ago, zen said:

what is alarming is that ISIS is coming closer to India 

Are you based in India?

Almost every other week there are stories of arrests of ISIS suspects in various parts of the country. ISIS is already present in India but IB/RAW/Police have done a stellar job. There have been some high profile arrests as well as foiling of major terror plots the past few months, our agencies even infiltrated an Afghanistan based ISIS group and arrested the terrorists just before calamity. Wherever there is Sunni Islam and internet there will be ISIS presence because I can confidently tell you that Islam may be anything but is certainly not a religion of peace. It is true that not many Indian (and Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Rohingya) Muslims have joined it unlike in Europe. But that is because there are already many regional jihadi outfits.....campus placements are good, why look for job elsewhere? Every day in India that passes by without a major terror attack I am relieved, still remember how bad it was in the 90s and 2000s. 

Edited by Gollum

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Are you based in India?

Almost every other week there are stories of arrests of ISIS suspects in various parts of the country. ISIS is already present in India but IB/RAW/Police have done a stellar job. There have been some high profile arrests as well as foiling of major terror plots the past few months, our agencies even infiltrated an Afghanistan based ISIS group and arrested the terrorists just before calamity. Wherever there is Sunni Islam and internet there will be ISIS presence because I can confidently tell you that Islam may be anything but is certainly not a religion of peace. It is true that not many Indian (and Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Rohingya) Muslims have joined it unlike in Europe. But that is because there are already many regional jihadi outfits.....campus placements are good, why look for job elsewhere? Every day in India that passes by without a major terror attack I am relieved, still remember how bad it was in the 90s and 2000s. 

It was at it's worst immediately after 2002. In Mumbai, there seemed to be one every year if not every month. 

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Are you based in India?

I meant as in ISIS controlled / dominated areas that can potentially turn a region in to a war zone 

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

OK then. They control some areas in Afghanistan, they are at war with Afghan Taliban there. Probably spillover effect in Tajikistan. 

They’ve managed to set up camp in Balochistan as well, and are targeting the Hazara community (who are Shi’a).

They claimed responsibility for the Mastung Blast (https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/07/pakistan-survivors-blame-security-lapse-deadly-mastung-blast-180714090551175.html) and an attack on a polling station in Quetta, I believe. 

Edited by Ellipsism