Ind's answer to Starc-Cummins-Hazlewood

zen

Some good news for Aus as Cummins and Hazlewood have recovered from their injury. So we can expect them to be back for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. It means we could be facing Starc-Cummins-Hazlewood combination, along with Lyon I presume 

What should our attack look like? Tests would be played at Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney. 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Looks good .... I guess Ashwin would be the spinner .... However, should try to bring in Siraj in place of one of Shami/Ishant (preferably in place of Ishant assuming Shami is fit) 

I don't think the team management has confidence in young Pacers.They should have tried them against Windies.

The team squad against Australia will consist of experience pacer the permanent in queue support bowler

Bumrah

Shami

Ishant

Yadav

Shardul

Bhubaneswar

Pandya.

Edited by tweaker
1 hour ago, zen said:

What would be your ideal attack?

i would like bit tallish high arm action bowlers who can utilize bounce in Australia and can bowl in good areas.  Both Shami and Yadav are inconsistent and lack natural bounce.  

If i was the coach, I would have looked at Saini, Rajpoot kind of bowlers along with Bumrah, Ishant and Siraj.  These 5 would be my choice. 

Those who are saying kuldeep will be massacred,should know that Ashwin will be murdered and has been getting murdered in Aus,always resurrects himself in SC conditions

Ashwin has always disappointed in SENA for his experience,

If Kuldeep gets clobbered so be it,its worth investing in a youth,

Ashwin wont win us series there..while Kuldeep may..

Besides that the pacers should be

Bumrah,Ishant,Siraj,Saini

I think Shami will be played in first two tests,

Umesh is utter wastage of a place,would rather go with Avesh 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shami in Aus wont work, neither umesh

That way ishant isn't working since ages in aus but still plays there. Umesh won't be first choice. Bumrah, Siraj/Ishant & Shami.

If you ask me i would go with Ishant, Siraj, Shami & Bumrah + Part time spinner (backup of Khaleel & Umesh)

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

That way ishant isn't working since ages in aus but still plays there. Umesh won't be first choice. Bumrah, Siraj/Ishant & Shami.

If you ask me i would go with Ishant, Siraj, Shami & Bumrah + Part time spinner (backup of Khaleel & Umesh)

If Ishant isn't working does not mean those two will.  Ishant at least brings consistency and is unlikely to leak runs like those two do.  

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Those who are saying kuldeep will be massacred,should know that Ashwin will be murdered and has been getting murdered in Aus,always resurrects himself in SC conditions

Ashwin has always disappointed in SENA for his experience,

If Kuldeep gets clobbered so be it,its worth investing in a youth,

Ashwin wont win us series there..while Kuldeep may..

Besides that the pacers should be

Bumrah,Ishant,Siraj,Saini

I think Shami will be played in first two tests,

Umesh is utter wastage of a place,would rather go with Avesh 

Exactly ashwin has had his chances. Play jadeja who has boosted confidence in his batting, he will get some wickets he always does in tests. Very underrated bowler.

My preferred bowlers

In the 11

7. Jadeja -- Spinner Allrounder

8. Pandya / Bhuvi  --  Pacer Allrounder

9. Siraj / Saini --  Wicket-taker quick

10. Ishant -- Economical 3rd pacer

11. Bumrah  -- Leader of the attack

Backup

Saini / Siraj

Shami

Bhuvi / Pandya  --  Pacer Allrounder

Ashwin  --  Spinner Allrounder

--   We need a pacer allrounder and a spinner allrounder at 7 and 8.

--  Siraj needs to come in the 11 as he is a genuine wicket taker. We have only 1 genuine wicket taker in Bumrah as of today in tests outside Asia. Need to bolster thiis area.

--  Saini must be in the squad as he combines high pace with accuracy.

--  The spinners must have some batting abilty while playing in Australia.

--  Prefering Jadeja in the 11 ... as both Ash and Jaddu are similar bowling wise but Jaddu is batting better nowadays.

--  Pandya is ecpected to bat decently in Australia as ball does not move ... deck hitting bowling style more suitable for Australia too.

--  Bhuvi can come in the 11 only as all-rounder in Australia.

-- Shami's inability to run through oppositions is prompting me to keep him as reserve. 

-- Ishant adds value as economical bowler who ties up one end while we attack from the other with Bumrah and Siraj.

Edited by express bowling