Shreyas Gopal

I liked what i saw about him even 2 years back. This year he has matured into a fine bowler. I think of him more like Ashwin except Gopal is a better fielder. Ashwin is a better bat. But this guy can bat. Also fields way better than Kulcha. I think Gopal was under-utilized in the last 2 seasons for no apparent reason. In case "Cha" goes out of form this guy should be in the reckoning. NOt saying he is the second best. We have Rahul Chahar (who is decent fielder as well), Markhende.  But as a package this guy brings more to the table. Today he bowled seam up at 119 kph to Dhoni conceding only 4 or 5 runs in 16th over. So he is already a thinking bowler. Hope Royals makes the best use of him.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:34 AM, vvvslaxman said:

I liked what i saw about him even 2 years back. This year he has matured into a fine bowler. I think of him more like Ashwin except Gopal is a better fielder. Ashwin is a better bat. But this guy can bat. Also fields way better than Kulcha. I think Gopal was under-utilized in the last 2 seasons for no apparent reason. In case "Cha" goes out of form this guy should be in the reckoning. NOt saying he is the second best. We have Rahul Chahar (who is decent fielder as well), Markhende.  But as a package this guy brings more to the table. Today he bowled seam up at 119 kph to Dhoni conceding only 4 or 5 runs in 16th over. So he is already a thinking bowler. Hope Royals makes the best use of him.

Completely  agree he is thinking bowler and moreover good utility player as he can smack few boundaries and field well. Much better option than overhyped chahal. I think Gopal and Rahul chahar should be tried ahead of chal in lois going forward. 

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

Completely  agree he is thinking bowler and moreover good utility player as he can smack few boundaries and field well. Much better option than overhyped chahal. I think Gopal and Rahul chahar should be tried ahead of chal in lois going forward. 

agreed. chahal with zero batting , fielding and biceps should be nowhere near ODI team after WC.