Proof that scoring 200s and 180+ in odi is no easy task

A destructive bat like Warner just got out for 166 against a weak bowling line up against a weak bowler despite having his eye in.

We have had 100s of Minnow games in WCs

yet one guy scores 3 200s and has a record for most 180+ scores and we brush it off saying flat pitches or weak bowling.

Its no joke scoring a 200 in odi leave alone 264.

Let us just appreciate this wonderful Herculean feats and be in awe and proud of our own.

Edited by maniac
14 minutes ago, maniac said:

It’s not about cheerleading for an individual. I believe in taking pride of our own, our accomplishments. We have this crab mentality of pulling down our own. I am just being the voice of a nation. We have no idea how incredible these 3 200 feats are 

Team > Individuals 

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

A guy scoring 200 is doing it for the team as well.  you have not heard someone scored 200 and team lost.

Wins and losses are a part of the game (I am not even getting into that). A lot of people have played great (and better) innings for the team :dontknow:

Team > Individuals, who come and go 

11 minutes ago, zen said:

Wins and losses are a part of the game (I am not even getting into that). A lot of people have played great (and better) innings for the team :dontknow:

Team > Individuals, who come and go 

Einstein and Newton accomplished things for humanity even though we celebrate their individual genius.you can’t call them selfish for doing something special. We have to be proud of this. And no better innings than 264 has not been played in odi cricket statistically. It is a sheer triumph of human endurance,talent,skill,mental strength and physical strength. Excuse me for being proud of my country man accomplishing that

Edited by maniac
6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Einstein and Newton accomplished things for humanity even though we celebrate their individual genius. We have to be proud of this. And no better innings than 264 has not been played in odi cricket statistically. It is a sheer triumph of human endurance,talent,skill,mental strength and physical strength. Excuse me for being proud of my country man accomplishing that

Ppl would gladly rate Kapil’s 175 as better for e.g

The highest score merely is a product of form, pitch, and opposition, along with chances received if any 

On a pitch where par score is 400, a batsman has more opportunity to get a big individual score than on a surface where the par score is 250. If you play more in an era where conditions are such, .... 

In short, if you take factors such as par scores into consideration, there are better innings :winky:

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, zen said:

Ppl would gladly rate Kapil’s 175 as better for e.g

The highest score merely is a product of form, pitch, and opposition, along with chances received if any 

On a pitch where par score is 400, a batsman has more opportunity to get a big individual score than on a surface where the par score is 250. If you play more in an era where conditions are such, .... 

In short, if you take factors such as par scores into consideration, there are better innings :winky:

That is exactly the point of my thread. Regardless of what has changed or what you factor in how much is that being accomplished by the rest ?leave alone 3 times by the same individual.

You can never compare across eras but base someone’s brilliance and genius off of how ahead they are if their peers in certain attributes.

Edited by maniac

people are missing the context. Bolt winning a 100m race cannot be called a less accomplishment than say a 100th ranked player winning a grand slam against all odds. Sure it makes for a better story at the end. Bolt is Bolt because he is ahead of his peers in certain abilities. Hitting 200s for fun is equivalent of that

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

That is exactly the point of my thread. Regardless of what has changed or what you factor in how much is that being accomplished by the rest leave alone 3 times by the same individual.

You can never compare across eras but base someone’s brilliance and genius off of how ahead they are if their peers in certain attributes.

Sehwag has more 290+ scores in Tests. Tendulkar + Kohli have 90 ODI 100s b/w them. Viv Richards has hit 2 180+ score in that era

People have accomplished far more than what you want to feel proud for here :dontknow:

Just now, zen said:

Sehwag has more 290+ scores in Tests. Tendulkar + Kohli have 90 ODI 100s b/w them. Viv Richards has hit 2 180+ score in that era

People have accomplished far more than what you want to feel proud for here :dontknow:

And yes when it came to strike rate and being a special player for that era Sehwag is talked about.  

I am not saying Rohit is greater than say someone like Kohli as a odi bat but this attribute of hitting 180+ scores takes special skill levels and that is something we need to be in awe of

10 minutes ago, velu said:

physically not possible for 98.7% of the batsmen to score a double and mentally 99.3% of the batsmen will lose concentration when nearing a double 

Exactly :agree: hence this appreciation for Rohit. I hate this word fanboy. I mean if a politician  is doing great work, if an artist does something incredible we have to be in awe and admire. Calling someone a fanboy is a easy way out.

I am just showing the facts

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Exactly :agree: hence this appreciation for Rohit. I hate this word fanboy. I mean if a politician  is doing great work, if an artist does something incredible we have to be in awe and admire. Calling someone a fanboy is a easy way out.

I am just showing the facts

i am not trolling ..

very few people have the stamina to play a very long innings .. viru is the other guy who comes to my mind and both have similar physique as well :giggle:

1 hour ago, maniac said:

people are missing the context. Boult winning a 100m race cannot be called a less accomplishment than say a 100th ranked player winning a grand slam against all odds. Sure it makes for a better story at the end. Boult is Boult because he is ahead of his peers in certain abilities. Hitting 200s for fun is equivalent of that

Boult is a cricket player, not a sprinter.