India Vs West Indies -Pre-Match Discussion

Stuge

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

On what base are you claiming Pant will counter big hitters from WI

They have so many big hitters while we don't have any. So we must get Pant in. If he gets set he can be as destructive as anyone. This is the risk we have to take. Jadhav and Pant are not setting the stage on fire anyways. 

23 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

They have so many big hitters while we don't have any. So we must get Pant in. If he gets set he can be as destructive as anyone. This is the risk we have to take. Jadhav and Pant are not setting the stage on fire anyways. 

i am assuming you meant Shankar and not pant. Last game was the first time Jadhav actually got to bat and i am sure you will also agree give the situation and conditions he did well.  Shankar also did alright but he just played a wrong shot. 

Now i do get your point on pant but he is equally inexperienced sure there is an up side with Pant but then why not consider DK who is more experienced and can be equally explosive plus DK is a better fielder. 

I doubt,we will see any changes as being suggested across the forum.I too would like to see Pant opening the innings, and giving India a  quick start instead of sedate start then tottering to score even singles . Yesterday,our worst fears came true ,when Dhoni couldn't even take singles( rotate strike).His inability to rotate strike tends to put pressure on others and leading to reckless shots ( Kohli) .

4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

I doubt,we will see any changes as being suggested across the forum.I too would like to see Pant opening the innings, and giving India a  quick start instead of sedate start then tottering to score even singles . Yesterday,our worst fears came true ,when Dhoni couldn't even take singles( rotate strike).His inability to rotate strike tends to put pressure on others and leading to reckless shots ( Kohli) .

Question is are you open to the down side of pant opening ? Rohit is dodgy to begin with add an untested pant and we could be 110/0 in 14 over or 10/2 in 4th 

9 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

If West Indies gets the top three cheaply they have the chance of bowling out India under 300.

Yes. 

But Windies failed to chase 288 against Australia, and also failed to chase 290 against NZ. 

So, I think a score of 280 plus is enough to restrict the overrated Windies hacks, if Ind bat first.