Whether sunil gavaskar disliked north indian players ???

velu

I remember cricket post-1987 esp. from 1989 onwards. The incidence appears to have happened in 1984 and I believe it was because Kapil played a reckless shot that allowed Eng to win the previous test. So he was dropped to be disciplined by the selectors :dontknow: .... but it appears as if Kapil did not learn from that incidence as in the SF vs. Eng, he went for an unnecessary big shot to once again seal the deal for Eng (and may have lost the captaincy because of that)

It appears as if Kapil could not resist spinners. In 1990, he hit 4 6s in a row vs Eng to help Ind avoid the follow on 

Edited by zen
9 minutes ago, maniac said:

He clarified it on a show where him and Kapil appeared. Apparently they are very close in real life

if rahul dravid says that he declared our innings vs pak when sachin was at 194* after asking sachin , do you beleive ? :giggle:

1 minute ago, zen said:

I remember cricket post-1987 esp. from 1989 onwards. The incidence appears to have happened in 1984 and I believe it was because Kapil played a reckless shot that allowed Eng to win the previous test. So he was dropped to be disciplined by the selectors :dontknow: .... but Kapil did not learn from it as in the SF vs. Eng, he went for an unnecessary big shot to once again seal the deal for Eng 

It appears as if Kapil could not resist spinners. In 1990, he hit for 6s in a row vs Eng to help Ind avoid the follow on 

Towards the end he became a little like Dhoni, more of a accumulator than a big hitter. Around 1992-1994. Obviously he scored  that magnificent 100 in SA vs Donald and co.

I started around late 90-1991 as well and I remember a partnership with Kapil and Sachin in sharjah. Sachin was at 5/6 and Kapil at 6/7 and they both were smacking the ball at a very fast rate for that time. That was my first proper Sachin innings, 

Anyway back to the topic, Back in those days- early 90s only 3 guys in the Indian team could hit 6s against fast bowlers in Indian team. Sachin,Kapil and Srikanth.

special mention: subroto Banarjee who hit a couple of amazing 6s :giggle: in the 92 WC

3 minutes ago, velu said:

if rahul dravid says that he declared our innings vs pak when sachin was at 194* after asking sachin , do you beleive ? :giggle:

Clearly those 2 guys have buried the hatchet and seem to be comfortable in each other’s presence. Why are you worried :hmmmm2:

19 minutes ago, velu said:

old timers @Straight Drive   @Jimmy Cliff   @Stan AF   @zen   :hmmmm2:

read somewhere that sunil gavaskar dropped kapi dev to break kapil's record of appearing in successive test games for any country ? :hmmm: 

I really don't recall this incident but I can tell you about his thinking and what he told to his young Bombay stars about rest of countrys cricketers :biggrin:

Just now, velu said:

bol :gossip:

You forget I played 6 years with his protege , the guy he moved down the Bombay batting order for, the next Gavaskar in Indian cricket only it didn't work out like both planned , so I know a lot of stories about Gavaskar :biggrin: let's just say not just north Indian players , if you weren't born and played for Bombay then you weren't a cricketer :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

You forget I played 6 years with his protege , the guy he moved down the Bombay batting order for, the next Gavaskar in Indian cricket only it didn't work out like both planned , so I know a lot of stories about Gavaskar :biggrin: let's just say not just north Indian players , if you weren't born and played for Bombay then you weren't a cricketer :biggrin:

I believe it. Even when you were raging crap cricketer if you played for Bombay you were special. Look at the current coach. If he was born 100km north or south of Bombay this leech would be collecting tickets at the station.