Who is the Most Overrated Cricketer?

Dravid. For someone highly regarded as master of tough conditions, has very poor record in South Africa, Australia (bar one innings on Adelaide patta) and Sri Lanka. Basically average record in conditions where you are tested the most against swing coupled with bounce(SA), bounce (Aus) and spin(SL).
no way that cant be true. I though dravid was the greatest cricket eva bro. Massively massively overrated yeah he had some very good match winning innings but apart from that not much except a good knock here and there.
so all the experts of the game, past and current players, who understand even a bit about cricket, all rate him. And some fans of Dravid don't. They have to twist and turn and take team stats to put him down. Guess whose side I take? And the saddest thing about these haters is that Tendulkar has indeed gone down as one of the all time legends of the game, with the countries highest honors and one of the best send offs you will see in any sport. Must be difficult reconciling with this
you need to understand that nobody here is arguing that sachin is a bad player.. all we say here is sachin is bit overrated .. overrated doesnt mean he is a poor player .. and its lame to argue that player is ATG if he is praised by all the current and ex players .. usually when a player is established crowd wont say against him.. let me make it simple for you.. in england Rooney is rated as the best player .. even cristaino Ronaldo claimed that Rooney is the best player .. even after joining RM , he said Rooney is the best player in the world and wanted him to play for RM.. except Rooney fanboys know Roaldo is simply playing for the gallery .. no one in the right sense of mind believe that Rooney > Roaldo :hysterical::hysterical: how send offs and awards make him a better player ?? he was booed in his home , does it make him a little less player :hmmm: george best might have won less accolades than beckham , does it make beckham better than best ? MTC :girly1:
It is practically impossible for Sachin to be overrated. What is the most you can call him? The world's best batsman? There is a very strong case for him being that' date=' so it is not overrating him.[/quote'] how about calling him the greatest player ever under pressure ? :--D
It is practically impossible for Sachin to be overrated. What is the most you can call him? The world's best batsman? There is a very strong case for him being that' date=' so it is not overrating him.[/quote'] He cannot be ordinally overrated but does seem cardinally overrated.
Not a bad shout. He as an overall international cricketer highly overrated. Before Dhoni-lovers assault me, let me clarify that over last few months I have developed some kind of respect for this guy as a person and as a leader. But as a cricketer i don't think he can be talked in the league of really great cricketers. Outside ODI cricket in Asia, he has been very ordinary. I do believe at this point he is best person to lead India in ODI cricket. He has a statsman like personality. But as a cricketer I can't bring myself to respect him much. He is surely very overated as cricketer.
Ordinary in what sense??? He is averaging 40 + in all countries accept south Africa.look at record before making stupid claims.As an odi player he has surpassed Sachin.
you need to understand that nobody here is arguing that sachin is a bad player.. all we say here is sachin is bit overrated .. overrated doesnt mean he is a poor player .. and its lame to argue that player is ATG if he is praised by all the current and ex players .. usually when a player is established crowd wont say against him.. let me make it simple for you.. in england Rooney is rated as the best player .. even cristaino Ronaldo claimed that Rooney is the best player .. even after joining RM , he said Rooney is the best player in the world and wanted him to play for RM.. except Rooney fanboys know Roaldo is simply playing for the gallery .. no one in the right sense of mind believe that Rooney > Roaldo :hysterical::hysterical: how send offs and awards make him a better player ?? he was booed in his home , does it make him a little less player :hmmm: george best might have won less accolades than beckham , does it make beckham better than best ? MTC :girly1:
Err, except in Rooney's case you are using the examples of his countrymen dumb@ss. In Sachin's case it is the abolute legends of the game like Bradman , Richards praising him. Show me where Pele or Maradona praised Rooney Did Bradman play for the gallery, did Richards play for the gallery? If you do not have the common sense to distinguish between fan hysteria and genuine acclaims by almost all experts of the game, pas and ex-players, the like of Wisden, MCG, then wy are you even debating on cricket? For 21 years Sachin has been the benchmark of all great cricketers, any upcomign cricketer, from Dravid to Ponting to Cook has been compared only to him, he is at that level. You are such a dumb@ss you dont even know that Sachin was praised as an ATG before he broke a single record and before he was established right through the 90s. Before BCCI had money or was a power. So what establishes a player as an ATG, what the likes of Velu chooses? You should stick to trolling because whenever you try debating your posts on cricket are garbage.
Err, except in Rooney's case you are using the examples of his countrymen dumb@ss. In Sachin's case it is the abolute legends of the game like Bradman , Richards praising him. Show me where Pele or Maradona praised Rooney Did Bradman play for the gallery, did Richards play for the gallery? If you do not have the common sense to distinguish between fan hysteria and genuine acclaims by almost all experts of the game, pas and ex-players, the like of Wisden, MCG, then wy are you even debating on cricket? For 21 years Sachin has been the benchmark of all great cricketers, any upcomign cricketer, from Dravid to Ponting to Cook has been compared only to him, he is at that level. You are such a dumb@ss you dont even know that Sachin was praised as an ATG before he broke a single record and before he was established right through the 90s. Before BCCI had money or was a power. So what establishes a player as an ATG, what the likes of Velu chooses? You should stick to trolling because whenever you try debating your posts on cricket are garbage.
we argued abt judging the player based on other comments before in multiple forums ... do we need to restart it ? :popcorn: Wisen top 100 innings is selected by the esteemed and knowledgeable cricketers and critics.. how many of sachins innings is listed in it ??? i think answer is absolute zero.. sachin is one of the greatest player we had even .. but he is still overrated.. he got his legacy because of his longevity and his ODI exploits in 90s.. yes i agree with you in onething .. all the players are always compared with him .. because his performance is consistent through out his career and top of his game for 2 decades , but he was never ever a player like don or viv , who were head and shoudlers above others .. anywya dont take their comments way too seriously .. according to miandad , inzi was million times better than sachin .. do you agree with him ?
we argued abt judging the player based on other comments before in multiple forums ... do we need to restart it ? :popcorn: Wisen top 100 innings is selected by the esteemed and knowledgeable cricketers and critics.. how many of sachins innings is listed in it ??? i think answer is absolute zero.. sachin is one of the greatest player we had even .. but he is still overrated.. he got his legacy because of his longevity and his ODI exploits in 90s.. yes i agree with you in onething .. all the players are always compared with him .. because his performance is consistent through out his career and top of his game for 2 decades , but he was never ever a player like don or viv , who were head and shoudlers above others .. anywya dont take their comments way too seriously .. according to miandad , inzi was million times better than sachin .. do you agree with him ?
Wisden rated Sachin #2 in tests and ODIs. Guess you agree with that then :giggle:

Sachin is definitely over rated. With the way some Indians and even non-Indians go on about it you would think he averages close to what Bradman did. Oh wait, he doesn't. So then why would Indians consider him greater than Bradman? Maybe Sachin played in an era of uncovered pitches or without helmets? For the word over rated you start in the sub-continent, you look at Tendulkar to begin with. Whilst Afridi is over rated by a ton of idiots in Pakistan, the rest of the world knows he's always been pretty useless. Other crap players over rated, but no where near to the level of Tendulkar are Jayawardene, Kallis, Inzamam, McCullum etc. I'm not saying Tendulkar's bad, lol, he's anything but bad. But the way some people go on about him you'd think he averaged more than Bradman.