Amir is just a normal bowler - Rohit Sharma

"Just leave him... He's just come (after the ban) and I don't think we should go gaga about him. Let him perform for one more year and we will see whether he deserves so much. Woh koi... (I don't want to use those words).

"He's good but he needs to prove again and again. It's not right to hype him so much after just one match. Not just for him or who are watching it, let him do it over and over again," Sharma said.

The pacer, 23, is being compared with Pakistani legend Wasim Akram and Sharma said this was a bit too much.

"People are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. It's wrong. Let him achieve some bit. Definitely he is got talent but aisa kuch nahin ki aake woh sabko uda hi deta hai (it's not that he rips apart all line-ups). He's just a normal bowler who was good on that day."

Asked whether he had reservation against the return from ban of Amir, he said: "It's none of my concern their politics their issues. I'm not interested. I've nothing to say on that."

Sharma went on to shower praise on young pacer Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.

"Instead of talking about Amir you should talk about Bumrah. He's our Indian bowler and doing well. He's a rare talent. He's young. He's got a long way ahead. The way he has started he will do something special."

On his slinging action, Sharma said he's very difficult to pick in the nets, something that reminded him of Lasith Malinga when he joined Mumbai Indians.

"He's (Bumrah) an exception. He comes with a surprise, even the captain does not know. He's got everything in his bank. What we saw in Asia Cup and in Australia he did pretty well. He's got a good yorker, bouncer all what a modern day bowler needs. Only time will tell us where he will go."

I have seen Kohli admiring fellow crickters for their briliance whole heartidly be it amir, ab devillers, ganguly, dhoni, yuvraj, sachin, sangakara and rohit many many times

And Rohit had to come up with this specially about a guy who got him twice in two balls. The way rohit plays cross footed he is premier candidate for inswinging ball from a left armer . Amir will get him out many many times

They ll hype someone like yuvraj singh who has been playing cricket in domestic for 4-5 yrs yet is not able to be even half as close to his best. 

Whereas a fact about Amir, He was banned to play any form of cricket even club and domestic for 5 yrs and yet he comes and bowls at around 150 ans swings the ball also looks mighty fit

All ihave to say about Rohit sharma is "Gadha hai Wo"

Rohit is 100% right, Amir is not someone out of the blue who just needs to turn up and he will blow away batsmen.

To people who are saying Amir got Rohit out twice, well Bhajji hit the Amir for six then.Nohit is not some useless tailenders which  play for Pakistan.Nohit will walk into world playing eleven in both odis and T20s.

Off topic but I think We should just stop talking about Kohli , He is just a normal mediocre batsman the real deal is Khurram Manzoor , he is something exceptional he is the one who needs hype

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bhai teri phatti kyu hai?

Manzoor sucks. Bumrah has better stats compared (Avg:16.2, Economy:6.15) to Amir (Avg:20.58, Economy: 6.93) and it's not even a small sample set.

Waiting for the day when u Face Amir with a brand new red Cherry , would be fun ! :D

Prolly would be banned again by the time ties resume. Drug bust or something.

Rohit is 100% right, Amir is not someone out of the blue who just needs to turn up and he will blow away batsmen.

To people who are saying Amir got Rohit out twice, well Bhajji hit the Amir for six then.Nohit is not some useless tailenders which  play for Pakistan.Nohit will walk into world playing eleven in both odis and T20s.

Bhai, it was all green pitches. Amir avgd 100 in NZ. Bumrah avgd 17.16 in Oz.

Bhai, it was all green pitches. Amir avgd 100 in NZ. Bumrah avgd 17.16 in Oz.

So is NoHit

Comparison of Bumhrah with Amir is like comparing Lord Khurram Manzoor with Kohli

Why are you using Lahori Logic? ....  Rohit commented on Amir's comparison with Akram (and not Bumrah). And since the reporter asked him about Amir, he told them to focus more on Bumrah (an Indian bowler), who he thinks has a good chance of succeeding at the highest level 

What I don't agree with Rohit is that a) Amir has done brilliantly in his short career so if some folks want to compare him it is ok, and b) Bumrah is still starting out so there is no need to unnecessary hype him (as it could put additional pressure on him)

Bro Nobody Compared Him to Wasim ...infact Wasim Akram was the one who compared Amir to himself

Read the article - "The pacer, 23, is being compared with Pakistani legend Wasim Akram and Sharma said this was a bit too much." 

The comments here should be based on what is written in the article, and not on what your general knowledge about who is compared with whom is. Below is what Rohit said: 

"He's good but he needs to prove again and again. It's not right to hype him so much after just one match. Not just for him or who are watching it, let him do it over and over again," Sharma said.

All he is implying  is that because Amir is making a come back, let him perform in more matches before comparing him with an ATG bowler such as Wasim. 

Edited by rett

Beta Amir k asia cup me economy me 5 thi aur Amir ne Pakistan ko t20 WC Jeetaya ha and England me test bhi

Chucker Bumrah ne tumhe kia jeetaya ha?

T20 me tou kher koi bhi end me cheap wkts le leta ha but New Ball se one day aur test k wkts hute han Jo matter krte han .. Tum log bus apne 3rd class phatu bowlers ki uthao

Pote Bumrah ka bhi asia cup me economy 5 ki hi thi.

Aur Bumrah ne kya jeetaya?

235913.thumb.jpg.cef5ef4ab70fa89d9bc6ad9

Is your memory so bad? Or you have just deleted it from your mind and only have the Afridi Asia Cup 2014 conveniently.

235349.thumb.jpg.93066dfa1abf1ea957bdd8c

Isme ye wali match bhi thi? Bhul gaye?

As for third class bowlers here are bowling stats after Chukmal and Chuckfeez were retired.

ODI

India - Avg: 31.64 Economy: 5.34 SR: 35.7

Pakistan - Avg: 40.41 Economy: 5.50 SR: 44.0

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;groupby=team;orderby=bowling_average;spanmax1=08+Mar+2016;spanmin1=08+Mar+2014;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

T20

India - Avg: 20.64 Economy: 6.74 SR: 18.3

Pakistan - Avg: 27.10 Economy: 7.52 SR: 21.6

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;groupby=team;orderby=bowling_average;spanmax1=08+Mar+2016;spanmin1=08+Mar+2014;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Any pacer who can bowl 135 k to 150 k, can swing the ball and is accurate.... has tremendous potential.  No doubt about it.

But, some time must be given to see whether that potential is being converted into consistent performances match after match. This applies to ever player starting or restarting his career...not just Amir.  Consistent performances in different countries and different conditions are very important for becoming an ATG.

Many players with great potential have gone on to become greats and many haven't.  

Banter going on here but have some quality banter my dear Pakistani fans...

What Rohit said was bitter and a bit of cringeworthy,but dont link it to his toe crushing(it happens) and he was not out on 1st ball(Stop blabbering about 2 times in 2 balls)..

Stop calling him Nohit...He is proven match winner..Whether it is flat tracks or not,it takes mental strength and skill to perform against Australia in Australia and not to mention at home..It is not like that take the bat and give anyone flat tracks and he will score century..Amir also performed on green track..No but it was eye soothing so he is great..

Take Bumrah out of contention.Rohit mentioned him.May be he must have frustated on asking too many questions about Amir.

Least the said about chucking by Pakistani is better....Call him Ftb or whatever,but Pakistani will die to have batsman like him.

Sharma ji ka dimaag phele he se kharaab tha , Dale steyn ko jb se South Africa me face kia tha jb se hi pagal hugaye the..

Haan, bats like a paagal nowadays. Double centuries galore. The best average by an opening batsmen ever (more than Tendulkar and Amla). Aap WT20 me group round me 0-4 hone ko tayyar ho?

I mean look how pathetic the condition of Pakistani team is. Even the fans put profile pics of LOST matches cause they hardly win any matches.

Sharma ji ka dimaag phele he se kharaab tha , Dale steyn ko jb se South Africa me face kia tha jb se hi pagal hugaye the..

Haan, bats like a paagal nowadays. Double centuries galore. The best average by an opening batsmen ever (more than Tendulkar and Amla). Aap WT20 me group round me 0-4 hone ko tayyar ho?

I mean look how pathetic the condition of Pakistani team is. Even the fans put profile pics of LOST matches cause they hardly win any matches.