India- A team selected. Time to Bang our heads on the wall

15 hours ago, tweaker said:

Does the selectors consult Dravid before selecting a ' A ' side.How Vijay Shankar comes into picture once again.He played last time & disappeared.Hardik Pandya would have gained lot more instead of Shankar.

Really wanted to see NathuSingh,Aniket Rajpoot,why Dhawal,Unadkat again & again.

Vijay Shankar is a good talent. Better than Pandya as a batsman as of now for longer formats. He can be our #6 who can bowl a bit of medium pace.

Pathetic to see loosers play again n again n selectors try the same mistakes n expect diff results, idiots.I see nepotism Jordanian Shahs hand in selecting Unadkunt, n Guj players in majority, also Patil the idiot loves Chawal.

Team should have

Aniket tall F/m left arm with loads of wkts

Suyal left arm quick

Nathu young pacer with potential

Ankit to see how far he has come

K Yadav skilled player left arm Chinamen n rare idiots, selectors

Ashwin M, Chahal, 

Sarfaraz

Pant

KL Rahul as keeper bat to see in longer format

For Christ sake.....this is just a A team and there will be lot of people who will be missed out.....

Overall, I feel it's a decent side which was picked.....

I m happy about vijay Shankar inclusion. He played blinders on the rank turner's......we need a good player of spin bowling and I strongly believe he is the best player of spin available in India ahead of rahana, Rohit and others.....now it's time to see how well he plays on fast tracks

Varun selection is good

Lot of people hating jaydev and I am sure they haven't seen ranjis semi final.....I was surprised the kind of bounce he was extracting....he deserves the spot in A team....remember this is not India team ....it is just a A team

I m never convinced about dhawall kulkarni but there will be some bad choices

Nathu and ankit are very raw and they will get there chances

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Also remember guyz, lot of countries have lost lot of good players just because they were promoted to higher levels before they were ready

Players confidence will be dented if they are promoted to higher levels quickly....so careful decision needs to be taken

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

no need to selects Jadhav / Jaidev / jayant

I would like

Krunal or Kuldeep

Pant

Sarfaraz [ not baby boy anymore ]

Mandeep [ last chance ]

Ankit should selects

Nadeem should selects long time ago but he took 51

wickets in last ranji trophy season.

Left hander Sudeep Chaterjee also fine player.

so next Aug,

we can see 12 changes in the team koz Anurag insist '' we do not want same player again regardless of their performances

and Age ''

so other get chance,but no need to left out Chand.i wonder why Axer patel selected in the tour, he proved his worth.

=====

According to Anurag earlier statement :

Aavesh khan will never selects in ind.u19 again.

I bet he changes his mind and change rule for 2

seasons instead of one time.

Ankit Bawane the Maharashtra batsman should have been in the 4 day squad. Jalaj Saxena should be there too.

This is the problem with one squad for all formats, limited room.. It did not need to be this way

4 day team and squad :

Mukund, Herwadkar, Iyer, Bawane , Nair, J Saxena, N Ojha, Aaron, Nadeem, Rajpoot, Unadkat

Pandey, N Singh, Samson, another spinner.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

One problem with Vijay Shankar batting at no.6  is  that he usually plays a bit slowly for a no.6.  Has a FC SR of 47.

I would have preferred Hardik Pandya over him.Hardik has already made debut in T20 & he is very raw.He has capability to hit big ,& has ability to bowl 135+ kmph.He would have gained valuable experience playing in this A tour.

Vijay Shankar has played for A team last year,& he was not able to perform any better in the domestic season.His bowling is also gentle medium pace,which is not sufficient to be successful in bouncy Australian conditions 

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

I would have preferred Hardik Pandya over him.Hardik has already made debut in T20 & he is very raw.He has capability to hit big ,& has ability to bowl 135+ kmph.He would have gained valuable experience playing in this A tour.

Vijay Shankar has played for A team last year,& he was not able to perform any better in the domestic season.His bowling is also gentle medium pace,which is not sufficient to be successful in bouncy Australian conditions 

A tours are for developing players who have the potential to play for India.

Hardik is definitely one such player and I don't know how he is left out !!

16 hours ago, tweaker said:

Pandya is not a test match material for now. Shankar is. Shankar did well with A team but he got injured and didnt play whole of  the Ranji season and struggled to get same form back after come back. He is predominantly a batsman who can bowl a bit seam up as a 5th bowler.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Pandya is not a test match material for now. Shankar is. Shankar did well with A team but he got injured and didnt play whole of  the Ranji season and struggled to get same form back after come back. He is predominantly a batsman who can bowl a bit seam up as a 5th bowler.

Yes Pandya is nt an international material, infact he is selected on his ability n our need for his type of player rather than his perfomance. But such players are the one that shud be invested n given tons n tons of chances to cover their lack of exp. 

HAd pandya been to zimb he wud have bowled around 40 overs

Aus A tour- 4 day games he wud have bolwed easily 40 over n Tri series around 60 may be. 

So he wud have bowled 140 overs and in diff condition & and atleast that suits his bowling. His control wud have been lot better.

Not to forget his the amount of chances he wud have gotten to bat on those flat aus roads. 

This wud have been made him a far far far better cricket instead he is playing for TNCA n bowling 4-4 overs. 

Same is the CAse of unmukt, rishab, sarfraz, krunal, kuldep, Nathu, rajpoot,chahal

Whats the point of giving chances to dhawal, unadkat , jadhav, or even raydu who isnt selected but is mostly on a -tours. They are no Int material. JAdhav has done well in given chances but i dnt think he ll get chance to play in playing 11 ever

I have seen shankar bat and he looks quite gud batsman, bowling i havent seen may b u can consider him a test prospect but in tht case also Hardik non inclusion in zimb n Aus-a Odi series doesnt make sense.

These selectors have done gr8 work infact have been best than previous but their time is up and its clear they cnt take this team forward

As allrounder, Binny,Rishi,Shankar & Pandya are in contention.From this Binny somehow, always manage to get into test team,Shankar & Rishi have got lot of opportunities in A team.Pandya got the chance of playing T20 in Aus,& wc.From this 4,Pandya looks most promising to be successful as he is hard hitting batsman who can play in any position, he can bowl at 135+ kmph speeds & also a very good fielder.

Binny is good batsman,but he is not a hard hitting batsman required for international matches & his bowling will not be effective in WI or Aussies pitches.

Rishi Dhawan has good domestic stats,but in the opportunities he has got,he has not been able to give any confidence regarding both his batting & bowling.Most probably he does not have the mental strength to make shift from domestic to international cricket.

Shankar seems a technically sound batsman who is very good at playing spinners,but he is very gentle medium pace part time bowler.

If Pandya was selected for A tour he would have got lot of experience,& most probably he would have learned something from coach Dravid.