CA boss claims Kohli claims as outrageous

The video evidence has to be there. If Kohli just made up claims about previous incidents -- I agree, pretty outrageous of him.

But if there is something to the allegations, then the ICC needs to come down very hard on Australia. 

Of course at this point all of us - Indians and Australians, and me included - are leaning towards what we want to believe.

45 minutes ago, kosingh said:

The video evidence has to be there. If Kohli just made up claims about previous incidents -- I agree, pretty outrageous of him.

But if there is something to the allegations, then the ICC needs to come down very hard on Australia. 

Of course at this point all of us - Indians and Australians, and me included - are leaning towards what we want to believe.

Video evidence not necessary. Not everything is recorded on cam. But he said that he had informed the umpires and the match referee before. That has to be true. 

7 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Video evidence not necessary. Not everything is recorded on cam. But he said that he had informed the umpires and the match referee before. That has to be true. 

And the match referee denied being informed. Like i said, we will all believe what we would like to be the preferred outcome. Which is why video evidence has to be there for Kohli's claim to translate to something concrete.

51 minutes ago, kosingh said:

I think you will find relatively impatial supporters from both sides wanting to know the truth before having a real opinion on this.

If the evidence is there i am not only happy for some drastic action to be taken against smith but i want it to happen quickily and be dealt with properly, the same but to a much lesser extent if what kohli said isn't entirely true. Seems like its going to be an issue with no real middle ground here.

7 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Unfortunately video evidence kind of is necessary here. It would make a bad precedent if someone can just say whatever he likes and be taken entirely on his word. There needs to be some substantial proof or this could lead to all sorts of unwanted consequences. 

1 hour ago, Fool said:

Unfortunately video evidence kind of is necessary here. It would make a bad precedent if someone can just say whatever he likes and be taken entirely on his word. There needs to be some substantial proof or this could lead to all sorts of unwanted consequences. 

Agree.

But, video evidence is there regarding yesterday's incident.  Also, as far as I  know, Smith has  accepted that he signaled to the dressing room.

Action needs to be taken on that incident by the ICC.

Also, an investigation needs to be conducted on the previous incidents, if any.  Even if there is no video evidence, the opinion of the umpires need to  be taken about whether they had suspected anything earlier. The opinion of either the Australian or Indian players are not that relevant on this issue.  ( Hopefully, the umpires are truly neutral, which is often not the case )

The possibility,  of a person who has done it once also doing it earlier, can't be ruled out.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Agree.

But, video evidence is there regarding yesterday's incident.  Also, as far as I  know, Smith has  accepted that he signaled to the dressing room.

Action needs to be taken on that incident by the ICC.

Also, an investigation needs to be conducted on the previous incidents, if any.  Even if there is no video evidence, the opinion of the umpires need to  be taken about whether they had suspected anything earlier. The opinion of either the Australian or Indian players are not that relevant on this issue.  ( Hopefully, the umpires are truly neutral, which is often not the case )

The possibility,  of a person who has done it once also doing tit earlier, can't be ruled out.

Oh i completely agree. I just meant i am saving my outrage or my "meh" response depending on what the outcome of "looked to the rooms several times" is.

As far as him doing it at all. My opinion is this: once is too much. Shouldn't have happened and you of all people should be smarter than that (smith).

He should face consequences for that alone. But there is no point of handing out those until the whole story is revealed and the give him the fine/fine & suspension.

The fact he did it says it may have happened before. The way it happened however almost makes me think he hadn't done it before. It was like one stupid person saying to another "hey look over there where there is a sign that says don't look here".... "REALLY!!!! I wanna see it too!!"

As i said in my previous post. I will save my opinion till i actually know what happened.

13 minutes ago, Fool said:

Oh i completely agree. I just meant i am saving my outrage or my "meh" response depending on what the outcome of "looked to the rooms several times" is.

As far as him doing it at all. My opinion is this: once is too much. Shouldn't have happened and you of all people should be smarter than that (smith).

He should face consequences for that alone. But there is no point of handing out those until the whole story is revealed and the give him the fine/fine & suspension.

The fact he did it says it may have happened before. The way it happened however almost makes me think he hadn't done it before. It was like one stupid person saying to another "hey look over there where there is a sign that says don't look here".... "REALLY!!!! I wanna see it too!!"

As i said in my previous post. I will save my opinion till i actually know what happened.

More or less agree with you on everything except your interpretation of the incident that was actually caught on video. Looking solely at tjat clip, it looks like it may have happened before. The speed with which Virat and the umpires jumped at Smith suggested they were looking out for it.

And the non striker asked Smith to look up, and instead of telling him that's not allowed, Smith actually looked up at the dressing room! Is that two brainfades- first by the non striker and then by the captain? Seems like too much of a coincidence.

Of course all these  interpretations we have of the clip are all subjective. And the ICC should not punish Smith for previous alleged incidents based on either the only clip we have at this point or only on Kohli's word. Punish him for that one incident if they choose to do so.

Edited by kosingh
10 minutes ago, kosingh said:

More or less agree with you on everything except your interpretation of the incident that was actually caught on video. Looking solely at tjat clip, it looks like it may have happened before. The speed with which Virat and the umpires jumped at Smith suggested they were looking out for it.

And the non striker asked Smith to look up, and instead of telling him that's not allowed, Smith actually looked up at the dressing room! Is that two brainfades- first by the non striker and then by the captain? Seems like too much of a coincidence.

Of course all these  interpretations we have of the clip are all subjective. And the ICC should not punish Smith for previous alleged incidents based on either the only clip we have at this point or only on Kohli's word. Punish him for that one incident if they choose to do so.

I really just tried to explain my opinion on that incident as succinct as possible. Im not great at explaining things at the best of times. My thoughts are that its one of two things. They are both seriously fkn stupid and don't know the obvious rules... which seems unlikely. Or they have previously used this tactic before. To which there should be noticeable proof to some description.

But given the circumstances of the reviews we called and the way it is dealt with. I didn't see any situation in the first three days where it was even remotely likely that smith would have looked at the rooms.

Most drs reviews are dealt with in a certain way by the aussies depending on circumstances and you probably noticed that it involves getting the information from the ones in the best positions to offer information in order to make a decision. Ie talking and asking specific questions due to circumstance. Not looking around to team boxes.

I watched nearly every second of the first 3 days. Kohli said on day 4 it has been happening for 3 days. I personally find that hard to believe given what i saw myself. If it had been happening for days why wait till day 4 to say something since the unofficial responses from the umpires are that they were not informed until that moment.

If kohli ran to the ump and said "they are referring with their rooms. Look look look". The instant thing any umpire would do is exactly what we witnessed. I am just struggling to believe it had been "happening for days" based on what i saw. If it turns out to be true. I will grab my pitchfork and join the masses, but i want some proof first

Smith SHOULD face some kind of punishment, depending on whether it is, multiple occurences, or the one highly publicised and speculated incident. But no point in punishing him now for the lesser incident until we know if the significantly worse incident occurred.

I have always been a believer that there is a reason why "premature speculation" sounds much to close to another phrase that does nothing but embaress and humiliate blokes once the truth comes out.

24 minutes ago, Fool said:

I really just tried to explain my opinion on that incident as succinct as possible. Im not great at explaining things at the best of times. My thoughts are that its one of two things. They are both seriously fkn stupid and don't know the obvious rules... which seems unlikely. Or they have previously used this tactic before. To which there should be noticeable proof to some description.

But given the circumstances of the reviews we called and the way it is dealt with. I didn't see any situation in the first three days where it was even remotely likely that smith would have looked at the rooms.

Most drs reviews are dealt with in a certain way by the aussies depending on circumstances and you probably noticed that it involves getting the information from the ones in the best positions to offer information in order to make a decision. Ie talking and asking specific questions due to circumstance. Not looking around to team boxes.

I watched nearly every second of the first 3 days. Kohli said on day 4 it has been happening for 3 days. I personally find that hard to believe given what i saw myself. If it had been happening for days why wait till day 4 to say something since the unofficial responses from the umpires are that they were not informed until that moment.

If kohli ran to the ump and said "they are referring with their rooms. Look look look". The instant thing any umpire would do is exactly what we witnessed. I am just struggling to believe it had been "happening for days" based on what i saw. If it turns out to be true. I will grab my pitchfork and join the masses, but i want some proof first

Smith SHOULD face some kind of punishment, depending on whether it is, multiple occurences, or the one highly publicised and speculated incident. But no point in punishing him now for the lesser incident until we know if the significantly worse incident occurred.

I have always been a believer that there is a reason why "premature speculation" sounds much to close to another phrase that does nothing but embaress and humiliate blokes once the truth comes out.

Well, the match referee has said that Smith will not be punished. This from cricinfo 

The adjudicating match referee Chris Broad has reportedly stated that Smith would not face sanction over his attempt to check with support staff off-field whether to review his lbw on the final day of the Bengaluru Test match."

Also interesting from the same article-

"ESPNcricinfo understands that members of the Australian team had discussed seeking advice on referrals in the past, but ruled it out on the basis that it was both against the rules and also impractical on the basis that it would take too long. "

Link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1085804.html

2 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Well, the match referee has said that Smith will not be punished. This from cricinfo 

The adjudicating match referee Chris Broad has reportedly stated that Smith would not face sanction over his attempt to check with support staff off-field whether to review his lbw on the final day of the Bengaluru Test match."

Also interesting from the same article-

"ESPNcricinfo understands that members of the Australian team had discussed seeking advice on referrals in the past, but ruled it out on the basis that it was both against the rules and also impractical on the basis that it would take too long. "

Link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1085804.html

Mmmm. Well that's a silly decision. But i guess on the plus side for cricket in general. This next test match is going to have alot of spite and pre game attention.

Expect a huge spike in viewers for this next game aswell as some petty arguments from both sides in the lead up.

What a stupid stupid decision 

3 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

"The adjudicating match referee Chris Broad has reportedly stated that Smith would not face sanction over his attempt to check with support staff off-field whether to review his lbw on the final day of the Bengaluru Test match."

That's ridiculous. He was caught red handed. Not even  a fine?? What a joke!

If this news is true then it is ridiculous on the part of Broad to say this.

There should be a system of appealing against the match referee's decision if a team is not satisfied.   It should also be possible to lodge a complaint against the match referee to investigate prima facie bias on his part  in passing a judgement.

Edited by express bowling

I didn't want Smith to suspended, because I want us to win against the best XI they have.

But at the very least some sort of official reprimand was necessary. I'd love to see Broad's explanation of why he chose not to sanction S,ith in any manner. A brain fade might excuse intent, but the action must still be punished.