Has IPL hurt Indian Cricket?

Stradlater

All of our major away test series wins came before the inauguration of this tournament (except the NZ one but that was in 2009 when it was in infancy).

It's like players don't even want to apply themselves. I have never seen such an absolute debacle by Indian batsmen before. All of them seem mentally exhausted and tired.

Our best spinner is a liability outside Asia and while the pacers have shown promise, it's too early to predict anything.

IMO IPL has done an irreparable damage to Indian cricket where players are content with earning millions playing for their franchise. You see Pant a promising youngster and how he decides to slog everything that come his way as if it's a 25 over tennis ball pratiyogita. We have Hardik Pandya, a one trick poney who is more worried about uploading his next Instagram picture rather than concentrating on the game. KL Rahul was hailed as the next great and look where he is now languishing at the bottom, his mind more on sleeping with a next Bollywood girl rather than improving skills with bat.

IPL has destroyed Indian cricket and it's only a matter of time when we start losing the home dominance too.

It has... fundamentals of young players like pant and rahul have been so bad..

Rahul at least started as test bat..

Ipl is like killing the golden goose - cricket in india.

2 months of tamasha.. the other events will pale down in comparison..

Which means other sports can have airtime.. cricket monopoly to end in india.

The moment it loses importance here and in Sena, expect a death spiral.

hate the waste IPL like any thing. But i don't think that is the reason. BCCI with all its resources can still produce those  highly talented players  required for the  current situation.It has to do with utter crap selection policy. Even if they find that a batsman is a failure after  first 2 assignments in SENA, they keep on providing the players umpteen chances.That needs to change.

Edited by rtmohanlal
49 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Lol Bumrah kahan se mila?

Ha sahi hai. I mean imagine the situation Bumrah would have found himself in if not for IPL. I mean it's not like we have domestic competitions such as Ranji, Deodhar etc to judge players.

Sahi raha IPL tha warna Bumrah who's from jhuggi jhopadis of Dharavi could have never even imagined to play for India.

Jai ho!

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Ha sahi hai. I mean imagine the situation Bumrah would have found himself in if not for IPL. I mean it's not like we have domestic competitions such as Ranji, Deodhar etc to judge players.

Sahi raha IPL tha warna Bumrah who's from jhuggi jhopadis of Dharavi could have never even imagined to play for India.

Jai ho!

What about Hardik Pandya Stradler bhai :giggle: