Who will be your 4, 5, 6 & 7 moving forward?

My middle order will be

4 Shreyas Iyer

5 Nitish Rana

6 Rishabh Pant

7 Hardik Pandya

Nitish Rana is a left hand hard hitting batsman & also could bowl some overs when needed.

But he is not in the selection radar as he is not there in A team.

As from the team selected for A team ,management seems to prefer Hanuma Vihari for the middle order berth.Gill plays in top 3 position & Mayank ,Prithvi may be preferred over him.

Over the next year in the domestic cricket, I would like to access the performance of Kishan, Rana & Dubey  who can have a good chance to break into middle & late middle order position

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

My middle order will be

4 Shreyas Iyer

5 Nitish Rana

6 Rishabh Pant

7 Hardik Pandya

Nitish Rana is a left hand hard hitting batsman & also could bowl some overs when needed.

But he is not in the selection radar as he is not there in A team.

As from the team selected for A team ,management seems to prefer Hanuma Vihari for the middle order berth.Gill plays in top 3 position & Mayank ,Prithvi may be preferred over him.

Over the next year in the domestic cricket, I would like to access the performance of Kishan, Rana & Dubey  who can have a good chance to break into middle & late middle order position

Agree Nitish Rana is a good hitter & a handy Part time option.  It will be a fearsome middle order.  Should be selected for T20Is first. 

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Agree Nitish Rana is a good hitter & a handy Part time option.  It will be a fearsome middle order.  Should be selected for T20Is first. 

I'm struggling to understand why you would choose nitish rana with a mediocre 38 List-A average and 83 strike rate for number 5.

Vihari has 48 List A average,same strike rate,is already blooded and has shown good temperament.He has also played twice the number of LIST A matches than Rana and averages 10 points more than him.AND he's a better 6th bowler.

Edited by Tendulkar1996

The problem is most of the good young batsmen i.e KL, Mayank, Gill, Shaw, Iyer are either openers or top order batsmen. They will have to be given sufficient chances in the middle order to get them used to it.

4 - Gill / KL Rahul

5 - Shreyas Iyer

6 - Pant

7 - Pandya

U have to find right players and back them for few series 

4. Rahul/Shankar/ Gill ( wud like to start with giving rahul some series at 4......if he fails then shankar and if he also fails.....then gill)

5. Shankar/Pant (If Rahul works at 4.....ill have Shankar at 5 or even Pant they can be rotated )

6. Pant 

7. Pandya

As much as i want to see Pant n Pandya being promoted....I dont see many viable options for Lower order as of now . I really hope Riyan Parag comes through.....he can be a very good option for 4,5 but not now . Even sanju samson can be a good option but he is not doing enough to get selected 

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

I'm struggling to understand why you would choose nitish rana with a mediocre 38 List-A average and 83 strike rate for number 5.

Vihari has 48 List A average,same strike rate,is already blooded and has shown good temperament.He has also played twice the number of LIST A matches than Rana and averages 10 points more than him.AND he's a better 6th bowler.

Man It's not his fault that he plays his domestic cricket mostly on a graveyard like Kotla..  He is a stroke maker.  If u see closely his batting in IPL u will see he likes ball coming on to the bat.  He is miles better than likes of Jadhav DK. 

5 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

My Middle Order: 

Shubman Gill at #4 

Shreyas Iyer at #5 

Rishabh Pant (WK) at #6 

Hardik Pandya at #7 

What will be your middle order fellow ICFers? 

Only issue is then all top 6 cannot bowl even 1 decent over . You end up with 5 bowlers in every match which is very risky.    

5 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Only issue is then all top 6 cannot bowl even 1 decent over . You end up with 5 bowlers in every match which is very risky.    

This is why Vijay Shankar was part of the team which everyone hater him for ..Poor guy only got few chances in my opinion.

Edited by Stuge
Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

One way we have a workaround is to give all opportunity to Hardik to play at 4-5  for some 15 matches and see how he comes up. 

With his current bowling he is a certinity in 11 and can give you atleast 6-7 overs every match. 

Guy is not just a hack , has reasonable decent  defence . Now even has shots vs Pace . Only Mindset need to change to play always 15-20 overs. His strike can be still be 100+ even with that mellowed version.  Plus is he can change gears since he can do power hitting.

Then  #7 opens up for an allrounder who can give 4-5-overs minimum but also good batsmen. Preference should be to a spinner .Guys like  Rana, Sundar, Krunal , Abhishesk ( may be after 1 more domestic season) , Dubey  will come into the picture . Whoever has best  batting credentials aming these should be our #7.  

Then you will have 6 bowling options.

Other option is to find someone who can be your top 6 who bowls 4-5-overs . Not many right now. May be Vihari is the one as of now.

3 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

One way we have a workaround is to give all opportunity to Hardik to play at 4-5  for some 15 matches and see how he comes up. 

With his current bowling he is a certinity in 11 and can give you atleast 6-7 overs every match. 

Guy is not just a hack , has reasonable decent  defence . Now even has shots vs Pace . Only Mindset need to change to play always 15-20 overs. His strike can be still be 100+ even with that mellowed version.  Plus is he can change gears since he can do power hitting.

Then  #7 opens up for an allrounder who can give 4-5-overs minimum but also good batsmen. Preference should be to a spinner .Guys like  Rana, Sundar, Krunal , Abhishesk ( may be after 1 more domestic season) , Dubey  will come into the picture . Whoever has best  batting credentials aming these should be our #7.  

Then you will have 6 bowling options.

Other option is to find someone who can be your top 6 who bowls 4-5-overs . Not many right now. May be Vihari is the one as of now.

Oh forgot Jaddu . Ready made #7 for the time being if he keeps current form.