Shiv Sena MP barred from flying on all airlines in India[Update post 27]

Muloghonto

Read about what law minister said.

He is coming out in open support of the gunda in this case. He does not have to present the case so strongly.

I hope the airlines go on strike if this guy intervenes.Airlines are within their right to protect their employees and their passengers from such violent entitled gundas.

I hope the people are watching all this with great interest.people are sick and tired of such gunda politicians and their supporters .

Delhi local elections are coming. I hope Modi knows better.

If the airlines go on strike they dont make money.

You need to think this through beetleji

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The point is that Mumbai Police refused to arrest him. He turned himself in, by his own volition, a few days after the summons. In the process becoming a 'hero' from a perpetrator.

I do not get the Laloo comparison. Laloo was convicted in a graft case. Sarpotdar for inciting mob violence (specifically against localities he knew had no role in the riots) and also for extortion.

Per chance, if you think that I am a fan of Laloo Yadav and his brand of politics, you are gravely mistaken. Incarcerate Laloo for all I care. He probably deserves it. But do not tell me that Mumbai Police/Maharashtra Police will act against the Shiv Sena leadership when all precedents point in the other direction.

The Laloo comparison os not for comparison of level of crimes. It is more for a trend that politicians, even if convicted get away scott free. 

Also, there might be some truth in the fact that Mumbai Police do not show sufficient urgency in arresting goons from SS, but I don't understand how Mumbai Police is relevant here. He was flying from Pune to Delhi and it sounds like Delhi Police have already registered a complaint against him. Hope they throw him in a jail too. 

20 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

so basically western countries are utopia ?

I am reading your post in context- you did criticize it but also said bigger things have gone unpunished and its not a humongous crime- i.e., you are relativizing felony. Which is exactly my problem with the Indian mentality- it does not see law and order as a discrete requirement, just a relative one. and with that mindset, India will never, ever have non-criminal politics/free of gundaa-raj. 
What Indians need to accept and want, is i don't care if the leader is as well spoken as Modi, as visionary as Sardar Patel- if he touches a woman he wrong way or hits someone, it auto-disqualifies him from being a politician. Thats not demanding utopia, thats just demanding a standard that 500 million+ people live by.

You were asking for Modi to break ties with SS, effectively ending their government in Maharashtra, effectively giving up the BMC, which they just won, reducing their numbers in the Rajya Sabha, reducing their chances of having a President elected of their choice over some appalling behavior by one MP. Isn't that an exaggeration? Basically what you are saying is that if any MP even from an alliance partner behaves inappropriately, Modi should just give up any governments that may rely on that party. That is a ridiculous ask and makes one think that you aspire for Utopia where everything is perfect.

4 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I have to ask though why was this guy issued with a business class ticket when there was no business class seat on the flight?

Air india has always been a mess. Its the poor customer facing staff who bear the brunt of it.

A few people we know travelled via air india. Bags were misplaced. Went to file a complaint and many other people were mouthing off at the desk attendants.

For some reason people just seem to lose their **** with air india

While this guy should clearly be jailed the Air india too need to axe people for incompetence

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

He was issued BC class ticket because the plane that was supposed to fly had BC .But the plane had to be changed and he was informed well before time that the plane being put on service does not have BC.

He travelled never the less.

He should have complained to the airlines if hevhad a problem.

Besides he is travelling on govt money.....not personal money that he is making such a racket . Tax payers ka paise par travell karke tax payer ko peetta hai!!!!

1 hour ago, Texan said:

You were asking for Modi to break ties with SS, effectively ending their government in Maharashtra, effectively giving up the BMC, which they just won, reducing their numbers in the Rajya Sabha, reducing their chances of having a President elected of their choice over some appalling behavior by one MP. Isn't that an exaggeration? Basically what you are saying is that if any MP even from an alliance partner behaves inappropriately, Modi should just give up any governments that may rely on that party. That is a ridiculous ask and makes one think that you aspire for Utopia where everything is perfect.

Bjp still controls Lok Sabha without SS.,,,

12 minutes ago, Texan said:

I know

Yes. But Modi can make it clear that he does not approve of MPs-in his party and in the coalition- that are criminals. There is a big area between ignoring it/justifying it (like the minster is doing) and breaking alliance over it. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Yes. But Modi can make it clear that he does not approve of MPs-in his party and in the coalition- that are criminals. There is a big area between ignoring it/justifying it (like the minster is doing) and breaking alliance over it. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:41 PM, Texan said:

They do need SS. There is a Presidential election around the corner and BJP alone cannot win it. Even with allies, they are still short. So, they cannot afford to alienate an ally, especially one that actually voted for a different candidate than the one BJP wanted in the previous two Presidential elections. They also need SS as a coalition partner in Maharashtra.

As for the assault, it was indeed a very shameless act and the police should take due action. I also do hope Modi or BJP does ask that all elected officials in highly responsible positions carry themselves well and not take undue advantage of their status. However, let us note that this is not the first criminal to be elected and this is not even close to the horrible crimes that some other elected officials are accused/convicted of. So, let's not get too carried away here.

10 hours ago, beetle said:

He was issued BC class ticket because the plane that was supposed to fly had BC .But the plane had to be changed and he was informed well before time that the plane being put on service does not have BC.

He travelled never the less.

He should have complained to the airlines if hevhad a problem.

Besides he is travelling on govt money.....not personal money that he is making such a racket . Tax payers ka paise par travell karke tax payer ko peetta hai!!!!

(a) why for the plane changed.

(b) How long before the flight was he informed.

(c) Why does the back up not have BC

The issue is not if he was right or wrong (he was wrong). The issue is about the lack of professionalism in Air India an entity which has sucked down tax payer money and has skewed our aviation industry. It is a blot on India.

Recently,

Air India ranked third-worst performing airline in the world 

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/56419031.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

We avoid Air India even though it is cheaper. There is a good reason for that. Its enough for most sane people to lose their mind.

(a) why for the plane changed.

(b) How long before the flight was he informed.

© Why does the back up not have BC

The issue is not if he was right or wrong (he was wrong). The issue is about the lack of professionalism in Air India an entity which has sucked down tax payer money and has skewed our aviation industry. It is a blot on India.

Recently,

Air India ranked third-worst performing airline in the world 

Read more at:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/56419031.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

We avoid Air India even though it is cheaper. There is a good reason for that. Its enough for most sane people to lose their mind.

The Mp said he wanted to go on this plane only , May be the idiot thought they would make special arrangements for mp.

22 hours ago, beetle said:

Appears to be some SS party members, .... my point was related to BJP, whom a large majority of Ind supports, not regional allies who may (likely to have) have their own agendas

Edited by zen

On 24/03/2017 at 6:36 PM, beetle said:

Vistara and AirAsia too join the ban.

Air India cancelled his return ticket.(he had threatened that he will go and sit and no one can stop him as he has booked tickets).

His agent booked his ticket on Indigo(a low cost airline with no business class) ....but they also cancelled after they got the alert on his name.

One ToI reader had an idea for the MP in comments section. That he can take a Mumbai-london British airways flight and then a Flight from London to Delhi Since every domestic airline seems to have blacklisted him. :p

Edited by randomGuy

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Cheap ? you mean solidarity ?

Cheap. It was such a minor issue. Not taking side of MP, but like I said these airlines should first concentrate on their crappy services than behave like this.

Just now, Pollack said:

Cheap. It was such a minor issue. Not taking side of MP, but like I said these airlines should first concentrate on their crappy services than behave like this.

I don't think assault is a minor issue. Its a criminal offence. Most places in the west will not just refuse service and kick you out, they will call the cops on you if you assault an employee, regardless of quality of service.