Indian media watch thread

Number

1. Christians/Churches under attack narrative:

Without a doubt, this was the biggest lie which was spread by Indian MSM in 2015. This major narrative was backed by smaller lies which helped buttress their argument.

a. In February, even though the principal of the Holy Child Auxilium School came out in the open ad said “This is not a case of vandalism, no religious articles have been touched”, Indian media outlets like Times of India and eminent journalists like Barkha Dutt were busy branding it as vandalism and a “church attack”. Eventually in July, the culprit, a school boy, was caught by the police.

b. Then we had the unfortunate robbery and rape in a church in West Bengal. Again Indian Express was busy communalizing the incident and commentators  like Rana Ayyub had even pinned the blame on Mohan Bhagwat. Later it was revealed some Bangladeshis were behind this crime.

c. We also had a case where India Today reported that a “Right Wing group” wasarrested for vandalizing a church in Mumbai, whereas the truth was that some gamblers had been arrested for the same.

These are just 3 such cases which turned  out to be false eventually, More such incidents were summarized here, which had no communal angle to them.

http://www.opindia.com/2016/01/the-top-media-lies-of-the-year-2015/

Nice series to know the facts.

12742799_1142094565811628_1302132928256174358_n.jpg?oh=2c6acef33861f734b5998e089746c6e0&oe=57286957

I am no longer able to figure out who is actually reporting and who manufacturing. We no longer have news channels we now have opinon channels , debates on every channel are based on anchors opinion everyone picking a piece of event which alligns with their ideology. Only god knows the truth so god help this country.

so whats the bigger story last week? Former home/finance minister of India implicated on false chargesheets and his son accused of amassing 1000's of crores of illegal money or a JNU student making a speech? Shows the priorities of our media... prestitutes

On 12 April 2016 at 2:38 AM, diga said:

Barkha tried to bring in Hinduism into an Islamic debate and got a tight slap .... :hysterical:

Barkha is the Harsha Bogle of current affairs, 

has to put down their own self worth to validate their arguments, but as usual they just get more insults coming their way, lol 

I mean to say "I come from a third world...", only a bigoted white guy would say "third world", it's either developed or developing countries

Edited by chewy

On 12 April 2016 at 4:34 PM, Singh bling said:

Has Arnab gone completely crazy? daily debates on IPL and right to pray . As a nation only these 2 issues are left?

It is coming across as some kind hit job, from Times Group and their owner Vineet Jain

must be some sour grapes for not winning an IPL contract, I remember Times of India use to broadcast live on YouTube couple years back,

4 minutes ago, chewy said:

Barkha is the Harsha Bogle of current affairs, 

has to put down their own self worth to validate their arguments, but as usual they just get more insults coming their way, lol 

I mean to say "I come from a third world...", only a bigoted white guy would say "third world", it's either developed or developing countries

At-least Harsha doesn't have intention to harm anyone..same cannot be said about Barka.

1 hour ago, chewy said:

It is coming across as some kind hit job, from Times Group and their owner Vineet Jain

must be some sour grapes for not winning an IPL contract, I remember Times of India use to broadcast live on YouTube couple years back,

What about buffoons of NEWSX why they always copy Times now