Manjrekar: Rahane personality gets his team to focus on the game not on other things which comes with Virat's personality.

Manju will be manju. :cantstop: 

This is just showing love to mumbai. 

I dont agree with this statement at all even though i felt rahane's captaincy was better :) 

Bangalore was the most heated match and it was virat's never back down fighting spirit that the team followed and india won it. 

14 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Before I answer in detail.

When would you replace virat as captain

Ie what has to happen for him to be replaced as captain

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Who the * thinks about replacing a captain who is winning everything under the sun?

Neither me or sanjay have called for Kohli to be replaced.

Yet surely we dont want to go down the same route as MSD who clung on a few years too many. For all we know Rahane might have a slump in form and be dropped. But you still need to have a contingency in place.

Folks...

Captaincy for sub-continent teams is not just about on-field decisions...

Picking right team...backing them...inspiring and supportig them on the filed and off the field......earning respect with consistent performances.....so much goes into it...

I dont blame vaughan for what he said......but it doesn't work for country like india...it may work in Eng, RSA or NZ or Aus.

Honestly speaking, i liked rahane's captaincy on the filed......but can he drive the team off the filed as well? Does he have the stomach when his back is against the wall....

Having said this, rahane has raised his batting couple of notches .... his on-field calls are good.....his bowing changes are sensible......and entire bowling unit bowled extremely well in this game...

Nevertheless, kohli is my captain for next 5 to 10 years...period

Just now, G_B_ said:

Neither me or sanjay have called for Kohli to be replaced.

Yet surely we dont want to go down the same route as MSD who clung on a few years too many. For all we know Rahane might have a slump in form and be dropped. But you still need to have a contingency in place.

YEs sanju hasnt asked him to be replaced neither is this post about that

Its about his idea's of on field aggression which the man has no clue about. Despite watching it overs the years from teams like WI, AUS, Pak, Sa, ENG

Yesterday i was watching ganguly interview, he put the same point in a brilliant way

" if u have to win from australia, ull have to fight with them in every way. U have to talk their language....even thats what Eng did in 2005" 

19 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Hate Manjerekar to the core. Didn't this moron once said that Indians shouldn't bowl fast cuz we can't. I was like wtf is wrong with you dawg.

I remember when Sachin didn't perform well in one of the home series in 2006/2007, he called Sachin a white elephant and started this Endulkar crap. What a tooch!!

Source to where Manjrekar said that?

Also, he didn't call Tendulkar a White Elephant or Endulkar.

Manjrekar talks a lot of nonsense but him raising points about Sachin's 2nd innings in a set period (not a small sample set) is not a bad thing.

You have to have critics who are willing to speak what others don't.

Hardly any Indian commie criticizes Tendulkar so for one guy to stand up and do it takes guts.

However if he did make up terms like "Endulkar", that is poor from him.

Edited by sensible-indian
48 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Manjrekar talks a lot of nonsense but him raising points about Sachin's 2nd innings in a set period (not a small sample set) is not a bad thing.

You have to have critics who are willing to speak what others don't.

Hardly any Indian commie criticizes Tendulkar so for one guy to stand up and do it takes guts.

However if he did make up terms like "Endulkar", that is poor from him.

true sachin is not a f'n god, he is a good cricketer some are better than him at times, so that makes sense. But manju is bitter most of the times, that irritates some folks, the regional bias that mumbai commentators usually have also adds on to it.

1 hour ago, BCCI said:

Sanju goes after everyone ,he speaks his mind and if there is something to be critical about he will say it.And he has said it in the past about Mumbai cricketers as well.Amidst all his flaws,this is a quality of Sanju Manju :cheer:

Agree, Manjrekar jumps at time too much when a player is not performing but he is not always wrong like people make it out here.

Come to think of it, here are many people who keep throwing certain Tendulkar stats etc every time so it is not that Manjrekar is talking something extremely unique and the only person to point out failures of the great players. Yes, his timing has probably been not good as that makes him look like he is just a glory hunter but he was not wrong every time for his criticism. 

3 hours ago, BCCI said:

Sanju goes after everyone ,he speaks his mind and if there is something to be critical about he will say it.And he has said it in the past about Mumbai cricketers as well.Amidst all his flaws,this is a quality of Sanju Manju :cheer:

thats a hygine factor by the way, meaning its pretty basic and expected all the time. One cant earn an income for turning up neat at work, one cant win an Olympic medal for competing with the right spirit...like that. Any mumbai commentator being a commentator needs to be impartial, cant be lauded for being critical on mumbai cricketers when there is a need, its expected.