Kohli vs Sachin . Can we stop this embarrassing comparison (POLL)

Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?

People picking Kohli over Sachin in any format of the game are completely clueless. One has to be completely retarded to think that kohli has surpassed sachin, I am sure every moron picking kohli over sachin has not even watched peak sachin live in the 90s. 

Kohli might surpass sachin in ODIs at the end of his career ( and he still has a very long way to go) but he has little to no chance of even coming close to sachin in test cricket. Overall Sachin is the undisputed king of world cricket, he's the one and only true GOD

P.S. Can't believe there are  some idiots who think dhoni is better than sachin :hysterical: 

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

We are referring to ODIs here and hence yes he has proved himself in variety of conditions.

Chennai ODI against Pakistan prime example.

lol variety of conditions in odis :hysterical: and that too based on 1 odi in India  :laugh1:

21 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Tendu was a run machine

Kohli is match winning machine

Inzi was a food machine

Imran was a phateechar ball tampering machine

Miandad was a totla machine

Amir is a match fixing machine 

8 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Plenty of players who played in the 96 WC semi have said the decision to bowl first in semi was team decision.So the fixing angle is just a nonsense excuse by the likes of Kambli is cry in front of media.SriLanka were much better team than us anyway.They thrashed us in the group stage too.

Second That. Throughout the series,  Kalu and Jayasuriya took the power hitting to new level. Our bowling wasnt greatest so only way to stop the nerve racking of our team was not giving them a target and decision worked too. DSilva played one hell of a knock. Full credit to him for the final Lankan total.

While chasing, how Sachin managed to make it look easy, I dont know. Ball was turning square. Forget scoring at RR of 5, it was evident that no batsman on our side apart from Sachin had a skill to stop the flow of wicket. Once Sachin got out crowd rightly awarded the match to Lankans.

With heavy heart, It wasnt just Kolkata crowd, whole of India refused to watch the humiliation .

Inzi was a food machine

Imran was a phateechar ball tampering machine

Miandad was a totla machine

Amir is a match fixing machine 

And you are a bakwaas poster machine.

Can't accept the truth? Burnol required?

9 hours ago, New guy said:

I am pretty sure none of you guys ever owned a TV before 2005 because the countless, countless ODI games Sachin won for India against all odds, many times almost single handedly cannot be lost to you otherwise. You are remembering the struggling Sachin from his last years and not the Sachin who won the CB cup in Australia, the Sahrjah cup and so many, many bi-lateral series just like Kohli did. And sometimes much bigger odds and better bowlers than Kohli did and definitely in much varied conditions - on spinning pitches, bouncy pitches, seaming pitches

I am having flash backs of the complete hypocrisy of Sachin detractors from a few years before. When Kohli wins an ODI match at his home conditions, its "against odds" but when Sachin wins in Australia, or in Sharjah chasing single-handedly its not "against odds". Its the same classic false dichotmy and goal post moving

I've seen enough of Tendulkar of the years and he never gave me the calm assurance of "Relax! We got this" the way Kohli does. In nutshell if I've to select someone to bat for my life to chase a score in shorter formats, I would go with Kohli. And if I had to select a batting pair in a tight contest to get my team over the line I would go with Kohli & Dhoni with Bevan & Hussey as the second option.

On 04/04/2017 at 9:24 PM, Ultimate_Game said:

I've seen enough of Tendulkar of the years and he never gave me the calm assurance of "Relax! We got this" the way Kohli does. In nutshell if I've to select someone to bat for my life to chase a score in shorter formats, I would go with Kohli. And if I had to select a batting pair in a tight contest to get my team over the line I would go with Kohli & Dhoni with Bevan & Hussey as the second option.

I don't think top order batsmen could really look like "Relax! we got this" on type of pitches and quality of bowlers that played till early 2000s. 

How many times we see pitch slowing down after 30 overs nowadays. It used to happen on Indian pitches earlier. How many turners do we get these days or how easy was it to face Wasim and McGrath at the start of the inning. 

Another problem was that SRT played lot of risky shots. He was arrogrant with bat in till the age of 30. 

1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

Today he totally did... Final nail the the coffin.

Selfless 96... didn't take last ball singles and tuk tuk tuk last few overs for selfish 100

What a man what a legend 

Respect :hatsoff:

Not the time to troll or to take shots. Let's enjoy the win and look forward to the final :yay: 

I will see a similar thread created in 2030, 2840 and 3200 as well. That sums it up all. It is so weird that we keep on comparing generations. They are different. No matter how politely you say it but minute you put a point in favor of one, you discredit the great achievements of the other.

They both are exceptionally great players and both are indians. What more could you want?

6 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

I will see a similar thread created in 2030, 2840 and 3200 as well. That sums it up all. It is so weird that we keep on comparing generations. They are different. No matter how politely you say it but minute you put a point in favor of one, you discredit the great achievements of the other.

They both are exceptionally great players and both are indians. What more could you want?

One we saw today one GOAT plays for Team india other one plays for himself and his milestones... Big difference 

After today there should be no discussion 

KOHLI > sachin

On 4/10/2017 at 1:01 AM, Trichromatic said:

Another problem was that SRT played lot of risky shots. He was arrogrant with bat in till the age of 30. 

Thats the whole point. Kohli gives that assurance which Tendulkar did not.

Flat pitches or not, those legendary bowlers or not, Tendulkar did not give that much assurance.

That said, Kohli has still long way to go to be compared or to be considered better than Tendulkar, but Kohli has already won more games for India. 

We can't compare the two as the eras are diferent but just one aspect can be compared and that is that Kohli puts higher price on his wicket than what Tendulkar did. 

Tendulkar was a more complete batsman had more shots than Kohli and because he had more shots he backed himself to hit more balls and hence Kohli with less shots puts more price on the wicket. And even though it is a deficiency for Kohli that he has less shots than Tendlya, and a less complete game than the master, that is also his strength and hence he puts higher price on his wicket for bowlers to earn.