BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Pant batting at 5 will be hit and miss only. Get him to opening and watch he can do.

Coming to Dhoni, these days you may have to chase 7 rpo for 50 overs too. And even if it's 20 overs or 10 overs left with 7-8 rpo required, we don't expect Dhoni to always bail out. We expect him to play sensibly. Try to keep the scoring around 7 rpo. What he does is bat till 47-48 overs at 5-6 rpo, take the reqd rate to 15-16, then try to unleash his strokes. These days in ODIs it's easier to score 7 rpo in middle overs, then scoring 15-16 for last 2 overs.

Give me break what has Pant done in list A to show he is better than who have been selected,Dhoni is one of the greatest odi players and still is best keeper in the country by a mile for odis.

Yes Pant deserves to in T20 squad but it is not a blunder to omit him in favor of either Dhawan or Rohit. When has he opened in List A?

35 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

2011 WC bowling outperformed batting .. how?:thinking: Which bowlers, except Zaheer and Ashwin in very few matches he played, outperformed the batsmen? Munaf and Nehra or Bhajji? We couldn't defend 340 against England, SA chased down 300. Srilanka from 180/5 in 40 overs went on to score 274. Bowlers were dismal in WC 2011 except the Pakistan match.

As a collective unit they outperformed batting when it really mattered. Nehra, Munaf, Bhajji especially the former 2 delivered some really under rated spells, they are the unsung heroes of 2011 WC. QF we restricted the 3 time defending champs to 260, in SF bowlers were outstanding and in finals 274 was a very low total for a D/N Wankhede match. They didn't mess up in RSA match, our batsmen did, what should have been a total of 360 became comedy show in our final 10 overs. Against WI too bowlers did pretty well. The only match they messed up was England match. 

27 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Should have picked Mishra for Ashwin. Can't believe he keeps missing out in LOI tournament squads because of other players and his contemporaries having better reputation from test cricket.

Top bowler in recent workd t20. Never used properly after that.

Feeling lonely MishrajiLively.gif

You must be kidding to say Mishra is better than Ashwin even in ODIs. Show me one big match he has done well against a big team.

The reason why Yuvi is back in is because for the last 4 years selectors have been wasting time playing guys like rahane, rayudu, kartik to play in the middle order, and unfortunatly raina has been inconsistant. Pandey and Jadhav have performed and are in the squad.

Pant looks like he is the teams back up keeper and is only 19 so he will get his chances soon. I think before the next world cup he will play alot of t20is and Odis.

The only really bad pick is rahane. Imo gambhir and even uthappa would be way better picks than him.

Edited by Silva
18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You must be kidding to say Mishra is better than Ashwin even in ODIs. Show me one big match he has done well against a big team.

How many chances has he been given against top team?   And you are saying a no match practice player like Ashwin is better than Mishra? No he isn't without match practice.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Give me break what has Pant done in list A to show he is better than who have been selected,Dhoni is one of the greatest odi players and still is best keeper in the country by a mile for odis.

Yes Pant deserves to in T20 squad but it is not a blunder to omit him in favor of either Dhawan or Rohit. When has he opened in List A?

No one questioning inclusion of Dhawan or Rohit, but Rahane. Pant should have been in for Rahane. That would have given an option to replace either of the opener or keeper, if anyone unferperforms badly.

When did Sehwag or Rohit or Ganguly open the innings in list A before coming to international cricket?

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

How many chances has he been given against top team?   And you are saying a no match practice player like Ashwin is better than Mishra? No he isn't without match practice.

Yes I will take Ashwin over Mishra any day.Sorry Mishra has never impressed me against big team either in tests or in odis. He has been given enough chances and if he was better than Jadeja or Ashwin he would have been the front line spinner.

Mishra was second spinner to be selected after Ashwin even in test matches till Sabina park test where he flopped big time.He is liability on the field also.I am not saying Ashwin and Jadeja are best odi spinners in world but they are still the best we got.Others are too inexperienced.

11 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

No one questioning inclusion of Dhawan or Rohit, but Rahane. Pant should have been in for Rahane. That would have given an option to replace either of the opener or keeper, if anyone unferperforms badly.

When did Sehwag or Rohit or Ganguly open the innings in list A before coming to international cricket?

Pant should have gone ahead of Rahane in my view too but if it is the only mistake made by selectors then they have done decent job. I do not think they considered him as an opener and Pant in my view should come out and make statement that he wants to plays an opener.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

How many of us still believe that MSD is the best wicketkeeper in the world?" When MSK Prasad, India's chairman of selectors, asked for a show of hands in response to that question, about three to four hands went up out of 25-odd people. Prasad expressed surprise at the circumspection over MS Dhoni's inclusion in the 15-man squad for the Champions Trophy, after he was asked if there was concern among the selectors over Dhoni's spot in the squad.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/content/story/1096857.html

That's equivalent to Dhoni's strike rate while batting thesedays

:cantstop: 

hahaha. Must be from ICF because only ICF has Dhoni heterz. :sweat_smile:

hahaha. Must be from ICF because only ICF has Dhoni heterz. :sweat_smile:

So if anyone who doesn't consider MSD currently the best WK bat must hate him ?

Amazing logic lol

Even the most ardent MSD fan won't consider him a better player than De Kock now.

What's the big deal in that ? That's common sense not hate

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

So if anyone who doesn't consider MSD currently the best WK bat must hate him ?

Amazing logic lol

Even the most ardent MSD fan won't consider him a better player than De Kock now.

What's the big deal in that ? That's common sense not hate

calm down was not a serious post :p: