IPL 2017: MS Dhoni Shows Age Is Just A Number, Again. Again and again. !!!

velu

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

You haven't told me how Dhoni motivated the team in big games like 2007wt20,2011 qf,semis or any other time either with brilliant tactical genius or an inspiring innings.

aprt from that wc final innings tell me when?

casual attitude is not always cool under pressure temperament....I think this stupidly of fans has led him to take things seriously which is why we lost a lot of games which we should have won by taking it to the last ball

He contributed by making the right calls at the right time...

In 2007 Joginder bowling the last over did win us the match. I'm sure any other captain would've played it safe and given the ball to Harbhajan whom Misbah would've flogged for 6s the way he did his previous over.

In 2013 CT Dhoni once again went against the grain and gave the crucial 16th over to Ishant where he got 2 wkts. Any other captain would've probably gone for Ashwin leaving Ishant for the last over and we all know what happens when Ishant bowls the last over.

In 2011 he played the most important innings ever played by an Indian captain alongside's Kapils' 175*. Plus the way he used Yuvi and Zaheer's overs it was amazing. he knew the right moment to bring in Yuvi or Zak to get that important wkt or to curtail the flow of runs. He won the WC with a bowling attack where other than Zak, a part timer in Yuvi was the 2nd best bowler. If that's not good captaincy I don't know what is :dontknow: 

Dhoni made calls for which he could've been pilloried if they hadn't worked but they did. The key in all those matches was that India didn't beat itself. The team never cracked under pressure when it could have in all of these matches and someone always answered the call when required and that was the difference between these teams and the earlier ones.

20 minutes ago, veer said:

This is stupidity at another level also... you are a Dhoni fan - good and well.. but why would you be doing ' :giggle: ' if India keeps on losing those meaningful trophy?

hadd he yaar.. har koyi apne favorite player ka nagada baja raha he.. Dhoni was a great leader but now leadership has changed.. so why is it hard to respect the x-leader and still be happy about Kohli?? Criticize on objectivity and not on favoritism.

Both have 'INDIA' writtern on their jersey.. so

I guess you weren't here during the recent test series when some 'indian' fans were trolling kohli and happy that India lost the Pune test. I am so glad we came back and won the Banglore test.

P.S This is an IPL forum. Dont look too much into unless some posters are really serious.

Just now, laaloo said:

I guess you weren't here during the recent test series when some 'indian' fans were trolling kohli and happy that India lost the Pune test. I am so glad we came back and won the Banglore test.

P.S This is an IPL forum. Dont look too much into unless some posters are really serious.

I have yet to see any Indian fan being happy about an Indian loss. It would really help if you could point out posts and posters where folks were celebrating an India loss :dontknow: 

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He contributed by making the right calls at the right time...

In 2007 Joginder bowling the last over did win us the match. I'm sure any other captain would've played it safe and given the ball to Harbhajan whom Misbah would've flogged for 6s the way he did his previous over.

In 2013 CT Dhoni once again went against the grain and gave the crucial 16th over to Ishant where he got 2 wkts. Any other captain would've probably gone for Ashwin leaving Ishant for the last over and we all know what happens when Ishant bowls the last over.

In 2011 he played the most important innings ever played by an Indian captain alongside's Kapils' 175*. Plus the way he used Yuvi and Zaheer's overs it was amazing. he knew the right moment to bring in Yuvi or Zak to get that important wkt or to curtail the flow of runs. He won the WC with a bowling attack where other than Zak, a part timer in Yuvi was the 2nd best bowler. If that's not good captaincy I don't know what is :dontknow: 

Dhoni made calls for which he could've been pilloried if they hadn't worked but they did. The key in all those matches was that India didn't beat itself. The team never cracked under pressure when it could have in all of these matches and someone always answered the call when required and that was the difference between these teams and the earlier ones.

Comparing Dhoni's finals knock with Kapil's 175 lol I guess this is where this debate ends :hysterical:

8 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I have yet to see any Indian fan being happy about an Indian loss. It would really help if you could point out posts and posters where folks were celebrating an India loss :dontknow: 

In cricket talk during and after the test series, some fans were riling into Kohli. Anyone could clearly seen some dhoni chamchas were unhappy. Go and dig up some old threads if you want. Heck those losers were lambasting and accusing Kohli of faking an 'injury' saying he would be fit and available for IPL. Well Kohli skipped the initial portion of the IPL so the jokes on those losers. Heck those same set of fans tried to crap on Saha as well. If I recall correctly he played a 'decent' innings. :cantstop:

Edited by laaloo

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Comparing Dhoni's finals knock with Kapil's 175 lol I guess this is where this debate ends :hysterical:

If you think Dhoni's 2011 WC final knock wasn't as important as kapil's 175* then so be it :dontknow: To me those two are the most important knocks played by an Indian captain in short formats, especially odi WC.

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

If you think Dhoni's 2011 WC final knock wasn't as important as kapil's 175* then so be it :dontknow: To me those two are the most important knocks played by an Indian captain in short formats, especially odi WC.

Dhoni's finals knock wasn't even the 2nd best innings in that match lol where as kapils knock is rated as one of the greatest of all time.

whats this obsession in bringing Dhoni to Kapil or Sachin level by Dhoni fans...he will always be a tier or 2 below them

1 minute ago, laaloo said:

In cricket talk during and after the test series, some fans were riling into Kohli. Anyone could clearly seen some dhoni chamchas were unhappy. Go and dig up some old threads if you want. Heck those losers were lambasting and accusing Kohli of faking an 'injury' saying he would be fit and available for IPL. Well Kohli skipped the initial portion of the IPL so the jokes on those losers.

If it was IPL related then I'm sure it was more trolling than anything else. No Indian fan, I repeat nobody, would ever rejoice in an India loss. people may disagree about team selection and may have their own favorites but I doubt anybody can be happy seeing India not do well :dontknow: 

As an example I'm not happy with Rahane and Yuvi being selected for CT. But if they play I would back them to do well and India winning the trophy than rejoice in Rahane & Yuvi failing and India losing. Yes, people will criticize the players, i.e. the way I've called out certain aspects of Kohli's captaincy in shorter formats, but that doesn't mean you hate the player or are happy in India losing. I'm sure that must be the case for others as well.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dhoni's finals knock wasn't even the 2nd best innings in that match lol where as kapils knock is rated as one of the greatest of all time.

whats this obsession in bringing Dhoni to Kapil or Sachin level by Dhoni fans...he will always be a tier or 2 below them

Read my statement again "one of two most important knocks played by an Indian captain". If you can enlighten me which are the other candidates of better knocks than these two in shorter formats, especially the WC, do let us know.

But I'm sure for you playing a match winning knock while chasing the highest total in a WC final was a walk in the park :two_thumbs_up: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

lol .. dont say sachins knock is the second best :p:

31 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If it was IPL related then I'm sure it was more trolling than anything else. No Indian fan, I repeat nobody, would ever rejoice in an India loss. people may disagree about team selection and may have their own favorites but I doubt anybody can be happy seeing India not do well :dontknow: 

As an example I'm not happy with Rahane and Yuvi being selected for CT. But if they play I would back them to do well and India winning the trophy than rejoice in Rahane & Yuvi failing and India losing. Yes, people will criticize the players, i.e. the way I've called out certain aspects of Kohli's captaincy in shorter formats, but that doesn't mean you hate the player or are happy in India losing. I'm sure that must be the case for others as well.

Nope it was in Cricket talk during the Eng and aus series. Some posters were clearly butthurt. They were calling Kohli a coward. how is that criticizing? They were lambasting the indian team for four days of the bangalore test and as soon as India turned tables on day 5, those bastards were nowhere to be seen. You can keep continue believing that no 'Indian' fan would rejoice an india loss.

P.S I have no problems if people criticize in IPL or make fun of them. But the hate that Kohli got by some of these indian 'fans' in the test series was not cool.

Edited by laaloo

10 hours ago, maniac said:

That 2011 wc team in the sc could win with even Chawla or sreeshanth as the captain.

infact his best captaincy was in 2015 wc till semis even though he was flop as a player....he backed the right bowling attack which everyone wanted him to bar Mohit who to his credit did well in the tournament.

Rest all he was ordinary,had great teams or favorable conditions...was a good player once in a while I will give him that in Odis 

Dhoni fans talk about 3 ICC trophies. But 2011 WC was at home. We should have easily won the 96 world cup at home too if not for Azhar fixing.

No other Indian captain had a chance to try for a world cup in India except Azhar. People are deluded if they think Dhoni's team and his way of handling pacers would have won us the 2003 cup in SA, we would have been eliminated in the groups. People also underestimate Ganguly if they think we wouldn't have won the 2011 WC under Ganguly at home

As for World T20, No other Indian captain even had a chance at World T20 which is played every 2 years and Dhoni has had 6 chances in it.

Edited by New guy

easier said than done .. should have won , would have won , might have won , he might have scored in the finals and all useless arguments..

for wheelchair and stat obsessed fans - dhoni is the first captain to win a WC at home 

:popcorn:

27 minutes ago, StriKe said:

1 out of 5 T20 WC was lost only due to "Yuvraj Singh"

Read my siggy

Both the world cup which Dhoni gets credits for were won by significant and most contribution by Yuvraj. Try again bro. Kohli too wasn't able to hit those wide yorkers. Not saying that wasn't match losing innings but blame the one who got him in the team.