Hardik Pandya, the complete cricketer.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. scoring atleast 20 to 25 is consistent. But getting out for 10s or single digit inconsistent. Yuvraj, Raina were way more reliable at that spot.

Avg At no. 7

yuvraj - 31

raina - 25

Hardik - 39

pandya has played 25 innigs , lets see where others stood at that time

yuvraj - 26 with 2-50s

raina - 28 with 2 50s

Hardik - 29 with 4-50s 

Matalab kuch bhi ................atleast check stats na 

Now they all were gun fielder but ill add one more place where hardik who already looks ahead will widen the distance 

after 38 games

Hardik has 38 wkts 

yuvraj - 26

raina - 10 

Yuvraj singh didnt become yuvraj singh for 5 yrs 

Raina is an underachiever till date 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

#7 is always a bonus. we had jaddu there for long. Pandya is only an up grade. Not many teams can boast a player Pandya at 7.  this is the first time I am seeing people so worried about a #7.   i have already shown how he has been as good as Stokes in ODIs despite Stokes being batting in top 6.

People expect more of him because of the vacuum at 4, 5, 6

24 minutes ago, flamy said:

People expect more of him because of the vacuum at 4, 5, 6

And he's gotten opportunities to bat higher, where he has failed recently.  But he has come good a couple of times as well.  

He does need to deliver more consistently, but I think there's value in being patient with him.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And he's gotten opportunities to bat higher, where he has failed recently.  But he has come good a couple of times as well.  

He does need to deliver more consistently, but I think there's value in being patient with him.  

Fan girl alert!!!

Just now, UnknownGenius said:

How many careers have you killed? Renshaw, Duckett, Vihari, TL Suman, DB Ravi teja, Ojha......:phehe:

Well how about Steve Smith,Rohit Sharma,Joe Root,Colin Munro,Josh Hazelwood

also to some extent Rayudu(highest average in Odis) and Ishant( one of the highest wicket takers for India)

even Spielberg makes a Terminal and BFG for every Jaws and ET :bow:

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Mostly because the alternatives include Stuart "Sobers" Binny and Rishi "Botham" Dhawan. He gets selected because of TINA factor mostly in ODIs and Tests (and he hasn't done badly in either format).

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Mostly because the alternatives include Stuart "Sobers" Binny and Rishi "Botham" Dhawan. He gets selected because of TINA factor mostly in ODIs and Tests (and he hasn't done badly in either format).

:phehe: so true.   Hopefully Vijay Shankar lives up to the hype, and gives the team some alternatives and competition to Pandya.  but I suspect he's more Binny than Botham.  

Just now, sandeep said:

:phehe: so true.   Hopefully Vijay Shankar lives up to the hype, and gives the team some alternatives and competition to Pandya.  but I suspect he's more Binny than Botham.  

Yeah and Pandya is Jacques Kallis lol

blue hair has pierced the heart of our sipahi looks like :hysterical:

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I hope so, but I can already see him being the next Binny (as you said) in terms of his bowling, or even a sub-Binny (because Binny the bowler in ODIs was marginally better than Binny the batsman, even excluding the 6-fer). However, I think his batting could be better than Binny.

But yes, I see some ICFers hype him up a lot for ODIs as though he's the second coming of peak Watto, peak Kallis, etc.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I hope so, but I can already see him being the next Binny (as you said) in terms of his bowling, or even a sub-Binny (because Binny the bowler in ODIs was marginally better than Binny the batsman, even excluding the 6-fer). However, I think his batting could be better than Binny.

But yes, I see some ICFers hype him up a lot for ODIs as though he's the second coming of peak Watto, peak Kallis, etc.

Who cares if he bowls like Binny, if he bats like a top order bat and bats better than Jadhav,Dk and Iyer that will be a bonus if he can sneak in 3-4 overs. It’s not like Pandya is bowling 10 overs and running through sides anyways.

we need a batsman who can bowl or a bowler who can bat...not bits and pieces. 

Vijay shankar is not an all rounder 

in domestic cricket he might be . But in international cricket his bowling will be 76 mph trundle fest and get smoked . Pandya is twice the bowler he is 

batting wise shankahr decent and comparable to pandya . But I repeat shankar bowling is pathetic for international cricket . Last game pandya hit Rabada in grill , shankahr could barley get ball to bounce above knee height 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Who cares if he bowls like Binny, if he bats like a top order bat and bats better than Jadhav,Dk and Iyer that will be a bonus if he can sneak in 3-4 overs. It’s not like Pandya is bowling 10 overs and running through sides anyways.

we need a batsman who can bowl or a bowler who can bat...not bits and pieces. 

Shankahr is not an all rounder . Pandya is genuine all rounder

we waited 30 years for such a player and as soon as starts finding his feet icf wants change 

by the way panday bowling in lasts game was not bit and pieces but genuine quality pace bowling 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Vijay shankar is not an all rounder 

in domestic cricket he might be . But in international cricket his bowling will be 76 mph trundle fest and get smoked . Pandya is twice the bowler he is 

batting wise shankahr decent and comparable to pandya . But I repeat shankar bowling is pathetic for international cricket . Last game pandya hit Rabada in grill , shankahr could barley get ball to bounce above knee height 

If he can bat better than Jadhav,Pandey,Dhoni,Iyer,DK and on good days give 4-5 good overs wouldn’t you consider that a bonus even if he trundles at 76mph