Anil Kumble steps down as coach

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Gavaskar as usual losing his head.

Too much credit being given to coach for home series win.He was sucessful with helping the team win

He failed as a man manager.

Gavaskar just needs to blow up steam  from time to time

Not about others but That series against England was fought tooth and nail Engalnd gave 110%. If it wasn't Kumble backing Pujara (place and strike rate) and that never give up attitude, there was absolutely no way India would have pulled that win. If only England had someone like Monty+, forget Swann, I still feel outcome may have been different.

Hard work pays. Lets give credit where its due.

Edited by mishra
10 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Our spinners and our inability to take wickets were the major reason we lost the match .

As for performance , Kumble was our leading wkt taker in 1996 world cup with 12 wkts tbh.

Jadeja was the highest wicket taker last CT. how many wickets Ashwin had in WC 2015?

1 hour ago, Jon_Snow said:

I think what kumble did was right.We lost final because of bowling only.If it would have been aus,eng or aus then one can understand 330+ score but if you allow pakistani batsmen to score 330+ that too with 20+extras then definitely bowlers are culprit.Mohammad Hafeez was scoring with strike rate of 170 ,that is simply ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Agree. As they say, Batsmen just need one poor judgement and they are back in pavallion. But bowlers cant bowl, ball after ball. On pitch, Allthough, Kohli was finding it difficult as he had set attacking field while our bowlers were bowling defensive line. Massive brain fart from our bowlers.

The episode is turning out to make Kohli, the new public enemy #1 in India. Ex-players supporting Kumble over the "complaining" players. I am sure those who complained were "senior" enough to do so. Kohli will have tough questions to answer in WI. This added pressure on the captain is not good for the team. He should also step down. 

Reminds me of the "homework" gate of Australia in India 2013 which lead to the coach being fired as well. I think players don't like to be appraised of their on-field performance by people who are not on-field!

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Our spinners and our inability to take wickets were the major reason we lost the match .

As for performance , Kumble was our leading wkt taker in 1996 world cup with 12 wkts tbh.

That was one of the complains.

Talking about the past helps to motivate if done once in a while.

Other wise it is just blowing ones own trumpet.

Edited by beetle
But he can't blow his own trumpet all the time . That was one of the complains.

Talking about the past helps to motivate if done once in a while.

Yeah true .

I remember one great football coach when asked about how he motivates saying "Noone wants to hear me talk all the time ".

Motivational and Management skills aren't easy .

what the hell happned in a few months? Earlier this year, Kohli said this about Kumble:

"To an extent, yes (I would say). I was working on those things already on a constant basis. I wanted to learn from my mistakes and evolve as a person. Anil Bhai coming into play channelled it much better in terms of his experience," Kohli said in the pre-match press conference ahead of the first Test against Australia here on Thursday

"He was a very aggressive player in his head as well. But he knew when to use that aggression and how to channel it. So he has helped me in that aspect a little bit," he added. He also complimented the former India skipper for helping the Indian bowlers become more aggressive as far as taking wickets was concerned.

"Apart from that, what he has really brought into the side is the mindset of taking wickets as bowlers. He was a spinner but used to think as a fast bowler, he was that aggressive with his thinking. That's why he ended up taking the highest Test wickets (619) for India.

"He was an out-and-out match-winner and the mindset rubs on to the players in the change room as well. There is so much to learn from him especially for the bowlers.

"The way he thought about getting batsmen out, the way he used to set them up. And the way he worked on his fitness and skills as well. So everyone takes a lot of inspiration from him," gushed Kohli in praise of the 46-year-old Kumble.

"He has been a legend of Indian cricket and we are really glad to have him in the change room," he concluded.

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/cricket/virat-kohli-credits-anil-kumble-channelling-his-aggression-some-extent-2355394.html

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Where are you guys reading about players' complaints?  Don't believe gossip articles (unnamed sources from the team said..yeh huwa woh huwa!)

It was a part of one of the first few articles....at that time I refused to believe  but things turned out to be right .About players  not being happy ,not comfortable .

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Somehow I feel Kohli deliberately threw the finals against Pak, ofc helped by a few of his chamchas. Body language was totally off, as if they wanted to make a point to BCCI/Kumble. 

How would that help?

Losing makes kohli a weaker captain.

Winning would have made him the King.

42 minutes ago, beetle said:

How would that help?

Losing makes kohli a weaker captain.

Winning would have made him the King.

Some people who love blaming others for everything and who love smear campaigns may resort to such a tactic. He can always put the blame on Kumble and get him out of the fray, make the coach look bad. Indian fans are gullible fools, they will lap everything thrown their way, a week later will restart worshiping their favorites. Sometimes tennis players, especially women(no offence) throw matches/give up easily when they are upset with their trainers, just to make them look bad and prove a point when they hate their on field instructions and controlling nature (called tanking). 

Edited by Gollum
14 minutes ago, kosingh said:

what the hell happned in a few months? Earlier this year, Kohli said this about Kumble:

"To an extent, yes (I would say). I was working on those things already on a constant basis. I wanted to learn from my mistakes and evolve as a person. Anil Bhai coming into play channelled it much better in terms of his experience," Kohli said in the pre-match press conference ahead of the first Test against Australia here on Thursday

"He was a very aggressive player in his head as well. But he knew when to use that aggression and how to channel it. So he has helped me in that aspect a little bit," he added. He also complimented the former India skipper for helping the Indian bowlers become more aggressive as far as taking wickets was concerned.

"Apart from that, what he has really brought into the side is the mindset of taking wickets as bowlers. He was a spinner but used to think as a fast bowler, he was that aggressive with his thinking. That's why he ended up taking the highest Test wickets (619) for India.

"He was an out-and-out match-winner and the mindset rubs on to the players in the change room as well. There is so much to learn from him especially for the bowlers.

"The way he thought about getting batsmen out, the way he used to set them up. And the way he worked on his fitness and skills as well. So everyone takes a lot of inspiration from him," gushed Kohli in praise of the 46-year-old Kumble.

"He has been a legend of Indian cricket and we are really glad to have him in the change room," he concluded.

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/cricket/virat-kohli-credits-anil-kumble-channelling-his-aggression-some-extent-2355394.html

i believe there was personal tussle between Kohli and Kumble, may be related to his gf. Kumble probably wanted more discipline and no gfs on tour.

44 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

According to reports, the day before CT Final...Kohli was busy meeting with CAC/BCCI regarding Kumble and next coach. That sums up our performance. Shameful stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not true. All reports suggest Kohli met on Monday before going to WI. There are no reports about meetings happening on Sat.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not true. All reports suggest Kohli met on Monday before going to WI. There are no reports about meetings happening on Sat.

There are plenty of reports about Saturdays meeting. Whether the reports are true I don't know