where would u rank Ashwin in pantheon of great Indian spinners.

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Seems like Harbhajan Singh was right along. No spinner has benefitted of doctored pitches like this guy. As of now, even Jadeja is ahead of him.

And no spinner has benefited because of blatant chucking like Chuckbhajan. And remind me of Bhajji's record in WI and Lanka. In Lanka he averages like Bradman with the ball, lost count of the number of times Sanga-Jaya manhandled him and reduced him to tears. Ashwin on the other hand won us a series in Lanka and made the legendary Sangakkara his bunny. 

Nobody comes even close to what Kumble was. Ashwin to me is the most limited of all the spinners we have had yet. He looks absolutely clueless the moment he plays on a non turning pitch. While we have had poor bowlers who were hyped due to their stats in subcontinental conditions, none of them was hyped as much as Ashwin. 

We can safely say he is blocking a position for a good player.

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And no spinner has benefited because of blatant chucking like Chuckbhajan. And remind me of Bhajji's record in WI and Lanka. In Lanka he averages like Bradman with the ball, lost count of the number of times Sanga-Jaya manhandled him and reduced him to tears. Ashwin on the other hand won us a series in Lanka and made the legendary Sangakkara his bunny. 

Ashwin did not have to bowl to Jaya-Sanga, that is the difference.

Were the pitches in 1970s flat and highways ? Were the batsman of those days scoring at 4rpo? Were the overseas batsman of those days exemplary players of spin? Has this trend of overseas players failing to spin only began in 90s? 

those days it was a lot harder for spinners to get lbws compared to drs era. Players did have a lot tighter techniques in that era n in india we dished up a lot of roads then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How many 200s and 300s were scored before 90s and after 90s? how many batsman averaged 50s before 90s and after 90s? Heck even Younis Khan and samaraweera average 50+ post 2000s. 

post 2010 Indian test tracks have been rank turners 80% of the time.

in early 2000s to 2009/10 the bhajji kumble era we produced a lot more roads then

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I absolutely despise him in the one dayers. In Tests he is right up there. None of the pitches he played were rank turners like Kumble pitches of the 90s . Those were dug up pitches. Ashwin just needs little bit of assistance not  whole lot of assistance. He doesn't chuck. By the way he is the only one who has avge closer to 25 rather closer 30 besides Jaddu. Bowling is a lot harder these days with big bats, lot more damaging shots against spinners.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sanga 2 tests. 4 times dismissed by Ashwin.

Sanga was on his last leg and those 2 pitches in first two tests were turners. In SL, on our previous tours, we used to see a lot of flat pitches and high scoring games.

Edited by rkt.india