Bumrah needs to be tried in Test matches

24 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

In the last T20, the broadcasters showed a cool graphic on how much the ball decelerates for Shami and Bumrah. For Shami, the range was 102-110k when the ball arrived in batsman's hitting zone. In comparison, one of Bumrah's ball was clocked at 130k when it reached the batsman. It was ridiculous. On average, he was 10-15k quicker than Shami when the ball had reached the batsman.

I think this point was also implied in the series against Windies where we saw this.

XftKygk.jpg

The above looks like an understatement if anything. Constantly amazed at how hard Bumrah hits the bat when he's clocking 138 on speed gun. The batsmen react like they are facing 150k deliveries.

This is still half the story. Bumrah feels quicker to batsmen because his action gives nothing away. A bowler who clocks 150 on speedgun wouldn't have the same effect, if his action allows batsmen to pick him early. This would be a case of Bumrah in reverse, as his 150k deliveries would feel 140 to the batsman. This is a point that can *never* be captured in numbers. Aside from being objectively quick, Bumrah's hard to pick action piles on the misery. Freak.

Superb post bro !

I have pointed this issue out on occasions, as have you.

Another interesting issue is ... Shami too feels quicker to batsmen compared to most other pacers, because of his amazing seam position and skid off the pitch ... and Bumrah feels much quicker than this Shami.  And that is something !

In Australia, they were comparing Cummins and Naseem Shah ... and most of their deliveries reached the batsmen 28 k to 35 k slower.

On 1/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, sarchasm said:

I was in awe of Bumrah when he had the kiwis tied in knots with his deliveries clocked at *125k* during the death. Ross was helpless. I have watched cricket for a fair number of years now and there's nothing I've ever seen like this. I say this with all due respect to Ambrose and McG and Steyn.

After Sachin in the 90s, he's the only other cricketer to have made my jaw drop.

indeed. they are the two stand-out gems for ind cricket in past few decades for me, although we have also produced many world-class cricketers in this period.

BUMRAH in tests before the start of the Australian test series

Tests  ----                             14

Wickets ---                           68

Wickets per match ---   4.86

Bowling average  ----  20.34

Strike rate  ----             45.31

Economy rate  ----           2.69

5 wicket hauls ----                5

Fastest Ball ----    153.3 kph

12 of these 14 tests have been against SENA countries in their own backyards.

Simply superb !!

Wishing him a wonderful test series in Australia !

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

What I wish to see from Bumrah this series is more bouncers. Probably the most potent bouncer in the game and keeps the batsmen honest. Especially against smith.

Agree strongly !

I think Bumrah is thinking along similar lines.

Did you watch his hostile bouncer barrage in his last spell in the practice match ?  Reminded me of the 1980s Windies hostility. Quick, nasty, accurate and some of them bounced neck high from just short of a length.

Bumrah bowled lots of good bouncers in the IPL too. I got the impression that he was practicing for the Aus test series.

The Aussie commentators were discussing about the aggression and hostility of this Indian pace battery. Bumrah, Tyagi, Umesh, Saini, Shami and Siraj ... all have bowled good quality bouncer barrages in certain phases of the 2 practice matches ... and hit the batters or had them fending, lobbing catches or sniffing leather. 

The Aussies won't have it easy.

Bumrah looked a bit tired and down on pace in the 2nd test, especially the 2nd innings.

It is understandable as we were a pacer short with Umesh injured.

Now he has got a long break before the 3rd test and will be rejuvenated again. And we will have 3 pacers again. 

Hope to see Bumrah bowling at his full pace in the 3rd test 

On 1/28/2020 at 3:06 AM, sarchasm said:

I was in awe of Bumrah when he had the kiwis tied in knots with his deliveries clocked at *125k* during the death. Ross was helpless. I have watched cricket for a fair number of years now and there's nothing I've ever seen like this. I say this with all due respect to Ambrose and McG and Steyn.

After Sachin in the 90s, he's the only other cricketer to have made my jaw drop.

This is exactly how i feel. I never praise an india bowler unless he us really good.

Bumrah and shami are legit class. Both can be ATGs especially bumrah. Shami's record can still improve with the home series coming up. He also loves bouncy wickets of south africa and australia.

If he can just fix his duke ball ability, he can average under 25 very soon. 

I have never seen anyone as good as bumrah at his best. Not even bond. He is just unreal. As long as he is fit and injury free, he will go down as an ATG.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, express bowling said:

BUMRAH in tests before the start of the Australian test series

Tests  ----                             14

Wickets ---                           68

Wickets per match ---   4.86

Bowling average  ----  20.34

Strike rate  ----             45.31

Economy rate  ----           2.69

5 wicket hauls ----                5

Fastest Ball ----    153.3 kph

12 of these 14 tests have been against SENA countries in their own backyards.

Simply superb !!

Wishing him a wonderful test series in Australia !

I know i may get hate for saying this but i honestly would love to see bumrah and siraj break some bones and leave them on a stretcher of possible. I like to see blood. Somebody needs to pay for what happened to shami. The person responsible getting hurt would be nice but any key player would do. 

That would rattle the aussies even more and who knows they may roll over. 

India are very potent and its certainly a possibility. 

I am all for having a fair game and stuff but aussies deserve some punishment. You hurt our player. Its only right now. Isnt it?

19 minutes ago, Tyron said:

Somebody needs to pay for what happened to shami

Shami's injury is as much on indian batsmen as it is on pat cummins. He is not supposed to come to bat before 25th over in a test match.. not to mention those idiots also sent bumrah as a night watchman in the same innings. Our bowlers already concussed Pucoske in practice matches and took him out of first two tests, so I guess its even now.

24 minutes ago, Tyron said:

I know i may get hate for saying this but i honestly would love to see bumrah and siraj break some bones and leave them on a stretcher of possible. I like to see blood. Somebody needs to pay for what happened to shami. The person responsible getting hurt would be nice but any key player would do. 

I am all for having a fair game and stuff but aussies deserve some punishment. You hurt our player. Its only right now. Isnt it?

Break stumps not bones.

3 hours ago, Tyron said:

Test cricket has always been about intimidation.  Top teams have always peppered their opposition with quick bouncers. Be it the WI teams of 1975 to 1995 or the Australian teams of 1971 to 1983  and. 1994 to 2021.

I can't think of a top test team in the last 45 years which has not done this. There is nothing wrong in this approach. It creates psychological pressure on the opposition and they can't play properly.

This Indian test team of 2018 to 2021 has a battery of fast bowlers and all of them have nasty bouncers ... be it Bumrah, Shami, Umesh. Saini, Siraj or Ishant. Even newbies like Tyagi, Prasidh and Mavi have hostile bouncers. And we have been regularly hitting batsmen on the helmet and body in the last 3 years.

Even on this tour, they were showing on TV how many times our quicks have hit the Aussie batters. Bumrah has badly bruised Burns' arm and has hit Green, Wade and Labu. Shami has hit Labu twice near the neck. Umesh has hit Wade. Tyagi has hit Pucovski on the helmet and Siraj has hit Conway on the helmet too. Both could not play any further.

The fact that Aussie batters are not coming on the front foot convincingly and getting out cheaply has a lot to do with our nasty bouncer barrages.

I hope we continue with this approach. 

44 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Test cricket has always been about intimidation.  Top teams have always peppered their opposition with quick bouncers. Be it the WI teams of 1975 to 1995 or the Australian teams of 1971 to 1983  and. 1994 to 2021.

I can't think of a top test team in the last 45 years which has not done this. There is nothing wrong in this approach. It creates psychological pressure on the opposition and they can't play properly.

This Indian test team of 2018 to 2021 has a battery of fast bowlers and all of them have nasty bouncers ... be it Bumrah, Shami, Umesh. Saini, Siraj or Ishant. Even newbies like Tyagi, Prasidh and Mavi have hostile bouncers. And we have been regularly hitting batsmen on the helmet and body in the last 3 years.

Even on this tour, they were showing on TV how many times our quicks have hit the Aussie batters. Bumrah has badly bruised Burns' arm and has hit Green, Wade and Labu. Shami has hit Labu twice near the neck. Tyagi has hit Pucovski on the helmet and Siraj has hit Conway on the helmet too. Both could not play any further.

The fact that Aussie batters are not coming on the front foot convincingly and getting out cheaply have a lot to do with our nasty bouncer barrages.

I hope we continue with this approach. 

I love it. Absolutely love it. 

If i were a professional cricketer, i would literally die for my country. 

Our bowlers are deadly. Nasty. But i notice that bumrah and shami hold back against the tail. They need to change that attitude. No need to feel sorry for them. Leave them on a stretcher if you have to.

53 minutes ago, Tyron said:

I love it. Absolutely love it. 

If i were a professional cricketer, i would literally die for my country. 

Our bowlers are deadly. Nasty. But i notice that bumrah and shami hold back against the tail. They need to change that attitude. No need to feel sorry for them. Leave them on a stretcher if you have to.

I think their Talienders are pretty Tall to aim on the head & have decent technique.  Pucvoski isn't that tall & got hit on tge head by Siraj. 

Saini may break few bones if he's in the mood.  Also bowl a few rib cage beamers near the waist.  Aka pasli todh bowler.  He has the height & high arm action & ball will kick if he bends his back. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
4 hours ago, Serpico said:

Shami's injury is as much on indian batsmen as it is on pat cummins. He is not supposed to come to bat before 25th over in a test match.. not to mention those idiots also sent bumrah as a night watchman in the same innings. Our bowlers already concussed Pucoske in practice matches and took him out of first two tests, so I guess its even now.

Guess Its time our fast bowlers change their approach of batting. Learn evading bouncers..  squat down, make room on leg side.. upper cut etc.. very hard but they need to evolve.

https://www.sonyliv.com/sports/cricket-india-tour-of-australia-2020-21-1000102202

Bumrah bowling in the 2nd test 2nd innings in this series.

He is bowling some nasty and quick stuff here.

High quality and dangerous fast bowling.

@Mosher, @Rightarmfast,   As we were discussing earlier ... speeds registering 135 k to 141 k mostly ... but this is looking like 145 k+ stuff.  Something fishy going on here.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

https://www.sonyliv.com/sports/cricket-india-tour-of-australia-2020-21-1000102202

Bumrah bowling in the 2nd test 2nd innings in this series.

He is bowling some nasty and quick stuff here.

High quality and dangerous fast bowling.

@Mosher, @Rightarmfast,   As we were discussing earlier ... speeds registering 135 k to 141 k mostly ... but this is looking like 145 k+ stuff.  Something fishy going on here.

Yes, this looks as quick as any. Reminds of NZ tour to Australia a few years ago where either Starc or Mitchell had bowled close to 160 and the NZ coach had questioned the speed gun. I dont recall it happened, but would have happened in the last 4-5 yrs.