Is Modi worst PM of India to serve more than 2 years?

Trichromatic

49 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

In fact Modi has been totally unclear in this crisis.  

His government has fudged 

1. The incident when it happened

2. The extent to which it happened

3. The aftermath (as of now), ie the IA prisoners

And how long will we blame the past for current conditions?  

Face up- this has been a disaster with China and the government has been shown to be as good or bad as any other and certainly not one with a 56 inch chest.  That has been shown to be, to use a bad pun, chest thumping.  

I dont believe that Govt should tell everything what is happening at the border.. I am more pleased that govt gives free hand to Army when it comes to tackling these type of situations.. no longer they have to check with babus on what to do.. and that boost military's morale to a different level.. 

And dont forget that this govt is dealing with humongous issue on other hand with COVID.. 

6 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Previous Indian governments have fought there in the past.  Disastrously as in 1962.  But in 1967 if you look up Nathu La / Cho La it was another story altogether.  It's a false narrative that other governments have been meek.  20-40 km patrols into Pakistan were a regular feature by IA in the 80s and 90s.

I don't agree with the premise of this thread that Modi is the worst PM, but his hype far exceeds reality and his approach / totalitarian style is something that I find repugnant. 

You realize that the gap has only widened from 1962, we missed crucial infrastructure, and failed any counter measures. That's why people lament previous governments, as they have left us vulnerable at critical points. Now, the improvements can't happen overnight, yet in the last 5 years, it's been the biggest improvements in preparation, infrastructure in both sides of our borders.

All good leaders have hype, and that's the necessity thing today. A strong leader is bold, and aggressive. We should be happy that Modi is of such kind.

3 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Ok gents we can agree to disagree.  On topic of this thread my choice of worst PM is Morarji Desai.  But there were so many blink and miss them types too.

Chandrashekhar and his "deputy PM" Devi Lal.  

23 hours ago, veer said:

I dont believe that Govt should tell everything what is happening at the border.. I am more pleased that govt gives free hand to Army when it comes to tackling these type of situations.. no longer they have to check with babus on what to do.. and that boost military's morale to a different level.. 

And dont forget that this govt is dealing with humongous issue on other hand with COVID.. 

Free hand as in can't fire despite being slaughtered

8 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

Free hand as in can't fire despite being slaughtered

Ummm.. I wouldnt judge soldiers actions while sitting at home.. and you don't know how many of their soldiers got killed .. and what was the situation there... Firing one bullet could start a war so are you willing to count more  dead bodies?

7 hours ago, veer said:

Ummm.. I wouldnt judge soldiers actions while sitting at home.. and you don't know how many of their soldiers got killed .. and what was the situation there... Firing one bullet could start a war so are you willing to count more  dead bodies?

Not judging soldiers at all, they are the one holding fort.

What is frustrating is governmental fascination of 'not a single bullet fired across LAC in 45 years' thingy. 

If we can't fire to maintain our territorial integrity despite being under attack then better settle all boarder claims by giving out. We wont have to count any more bodies then.