At what men's level is women's cricket?

Just a hypothetical here.  I watched the women's world cup final and agonized as India let it slip away.  I also watched, in awe, HMPK's assault on the Ozzie women.  Overall, I was impressed by the athleticism on the field, elegance of strokes, timing and in some cases, power (a few sixes landed in the Lords stands in the final).

So, let me ask - if the best of the best women's team from the World Cup played against a men's team, what level of men's team could they beat?  A solid state or county team?  USA men's first team?  Maybe Bermuda men's first team?

Serious responses only, please.  

Edited by Brainfade

I reckon the individual champion higher secondary boy's school teams in every Indian city can easily trash the Indian women's national team.

The Pak women's national team can be defeated by all the uncles XI on ICF :p

That said Indian women's team if properly trained and coached can become a huge revenue generating machine because it will make the Indian fan base at least 15 percent bigger... 

No comparisons necessary. Women's cricket is its own competition. Also, they have done exceedingly well,  especially considering that they have had no real support- finances, facilities, number of games etc. With a little more backing, the potential upside is big. 

Apart from gender difference, there is huge gap of history as well. Men's cricket has evolved over 100 years, while women cricket is not there yet in terms for history as well as the support. I believe a current U19 can defeat Indian team from early days (1930s-50s). This gap will close once there is enough interest and money in women cricket, although it may not match men's cricket just like tennis.

It's difficult to compare. I don't know how the batswomen would perform against some decent pace the men generally bowl at.

So it's tough to tell which level of men, women cricketers r now at.

But must say, women cricket had improved a lot.. they can now regularly hit 65-80m sixes, fielding level has gone up over the years.. even few years back, watching women cricket was like watching some interoffice tournaments held in India. But the quality of women cricket has improved drastically.

11 hours ago, Stumped said:

From an English perspective I think if you picked a womens world xi it would probably beat a local club ECB premier league team (the highest level of club cricket in England, so the level below county, county 2nd xi and minor county cricket). Start going far above that and I think it would start to become a bit of a mismatch.

No chance . Ecb prem team would murder them 

maybe decent second team I reckon . No more then that

56 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

You are a Misogynist bigot. 

MCP

Sexist 

And a Woman hater. 

Bhai Congress supporter hai kya? Itna drama kyon kar raha hai? :hysterical:

Tennis has 3 sets for women in comparison to 5 for men. Its a fact that Strength and stamina of women are less compared to men. That is the way God has made us. Not sure how and why it is sexist?

1 minute ago, Stumped said:

And why the need to shorten it when it's working just fine as it is? Tennis is one of the only notable sports that is reduced for the female version of the game.

And isn't tennis probably longest game after cricket? Average duration of women tennis is 2 hours and men tennis is 3 and half hours. Cricket goes on good 7 hours. All other sports remain less than 2 hours.

54 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

The way I would look at it , they can compete well with Associate level teams like Singapore and Namibia and beat them on their day . 

In football women can't even compete with adolescent boys leave alone full grown men

From world champions to humbling defeat against Under 15s side... World Cup-winning USA women's team suffer 5-2 loss against Dallas academy boys

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html#ixzz4nwePlfI7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IT will be miracle for women if they end up defeating full grown men even if it singapore or Namibia

I dont think its sane to compare women in purely physical endeavors with men or boys. Can a normal 14 yearold boy however skilled he is ever compete physically against a normal adolescent or a full grown man ? its absurd.

There is some 30-50 kilos of muscle mass and bone density difference, it can not be compared. may be if you have an all freak team of Serena willaims' clones.