Site Feedback

Gambit

Can we have the IPL matches poll not displayed everywhere on this forum. Its taking too much space. already we have ICF members lounge banner and IPL forum is open banner on top. Also the poll lacks consistency in that only a few games poll appear. Other games polls dont appear. Also the match report seems to be a fail. I typed a few that didn't even get noticed by the mods much less put on ICF twitter or even the articles section. Why type something which takes more time than posting when mods/admins don't even have the time to publish it.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Can we have the IPL matches poll not displayed everywhere on this forum. Its taking too much space. already we have ICF members lounge banner and IPL forum is open banner on top. Also the poll lacks consistency in that only a few games poll appear. Other games polls dont appear. Also the match report seems to be a fail. I typed a few that didn't even get noticed by the mods much less put on ICF twitter or even the articles section. Why type something which takes more time than posting when mods/admins don't even have the time to publish it.

We shared article on homepage.

There seem to be something wrong with it.

Are you not able to view it?

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Can you check if you're able to post article on articles page?

Got the analytics report for this month.

Since we have 2/3rd users on mobile devices, we have reduced topics per page to 20 and posts per page to 20. Earlirer those were 50 and 45 respectively. Hoping that this will help in loading pages faster.

Reduced gaps between posts to fit more content.

More changes needed to make it better for mobile devices.

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Got the analytics report for this month.

Since we have 2/3rd users on mobile devices, we have reduced topics per page to 20 and posts per page to 20. Earlirer those were 50 and 45 respectively. Hoping that this will help in loading pages faster.

Reduced gaps between posts to fit more content.

More changes needed to make it better for mobile devices.

As a preview to each thread on Forum view which lists all threads, the preview can be removed. It is too much to view on mobile.. tags are there to tell what the post is about

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

As a preview to each thread on Forum view which lists all threads, the preview can be removed. It is too much to view on mobile.. tags are there to tell what the post is about

Oh, do preview work on mobile devices? Can anyone confirm? @Malcolm Merlyn 

I thought we had it disabled. I will check again.

To Do Items - on website

1. Update home URL to articles - https://www.indiancricketfans.com/ - It goes to forums currently

2. Remove thread previews in mobile devices.

3. Reduce gaps in the area where we have forum title.

4. Remove subforums and move it to separate forum. Eats up space and sub-forums are not being used.

5. Explore more options to increase space utitlization

6. Lighter version for mobile if possible

7. Explore invision mobile app and set up ICF for that.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Should we disable previews altogether? I rarely use this feature.

Amazingly, the previews are disabled in Chrome on iOS. It is a browser issue, I think. Yes, previews can be disabled, tags can be provided by author to highlight what the topic is about

Also, request to add back edit button next to quote button in each post. A lot of us quote thinking it is edit and double post. Edit is hidden on top drop down menu of the post

Edited by coffee_rules

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Amazingly, the previews are disabled in Chrome on iOS. It is a browser issue, I think. Yes, previews can be disabled, tags can be provided by author to highlight what the topic is about

I just removed it everywhere. 

Please check again and if possible share a screenshots of pages on safari and chrome.

Rich ICF admins like @Malcolm Merlyn and @G_B_ with iPhones didn't tell us this earlier. Other admins are stuck with cheap android phones.

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Also, request to add back edit button next to quote button in each post. A lot of us quote thinking it is edit and double post. Edit is hidden on top drop down menu of the post

Yeah, that too should be in the list. I don't like current edit setting either.

We will spend some time this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I just removed it everywhere. 

Please check again and if possible share a screenshots of pages on safari and chrome.

Rich ICF admins like @Malcolm Merlyn and @G_B_ with iPhones didn't tell us this earlier. Other admins are stuck with cheap android phones.

Yes, it is gone..

On Safari: 

FBAF0667-5067-4006-9952-722-A1850-BDFB.p

On Chrome: The view is much better. Some browser differences. Minor sue.

74-CCE19-D-8962-4-C05-BBE3-8-E78-D2-A81-

The