It'll Be Johnson 2.0 In Ashes-Warns Mitchell Starc

16 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

No. Starc's strength is full balls. MJ's strength was bouncers. 

i agree both are different bowlers, Starc's natural length is full , dont think he can match Johnson's terror of 2013-14

Edited by SK_IH
2 hours ago, maniac said:

Starc is a better well rounded bowler than Johnson...Starc has the ability to take the pitch out of the equation which Johnson more often than not didn't have.

Starc can just be himself and cause issues.

he is more rounded, but johnson at his peak was more nasty to face because of his action, length, etc.

14 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

@yccc

[mention=24165]stumped[/mention]

I'm going to pretend this series isn't happening. Bring on the NZ series in the new year and some tasty looking "neutral" series SA v India followed by Oz. Apart from that I'm already counting down the weeks to next April. Only 26 weeks to go (half a year :( )

41 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I'm going to pretend this series isn't happening. Bring on the NZ series in the new year and some tasty looking "neutral" series SA v India followed by Oz. Apart from that I'm already counting down the weeks to next April. Only 26 weeks to go (half a year :( )

Wow.  Did not expect a diehard like you to be this despondent.  So soon.   

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Wow.  Did not expect a diehard like you to be this despondent.  So soon.   

Actually I'm generally quite pessimistic about sport and real life tbh. Before the Stokes incident I wasn't confident but did at least have hope. Now I think we should just not bother going and send the urn via express delivery to Sydney. Or possibly send it by sailing ship Captain Cook style so they don't get it until January.

32 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Actually I'm generally quite pessimistic about sport and real life tbh. Before the Stokes incident I wasn't confident but did at least have hope. Now I think we should just not bother going and send the urn via express delivery to Sydney. Or possibly send it by sailing ship Captain Cook style so they don't get it until January.

Is it a done deal with Stokes?  Stokes and Bairstow were key players for England I thought.   

7 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

All talk. Johnson at his peak was bowling "heavy" balls that thundered into the bat. Starc bowls fuller and is not as much of a physical threat. They should play Starc/Hazlewood/Cummins/Billy and forget about Lyon. England won't know what hit them. :D

Not having pattinson is bad but yeah still waiting for at least one test where aus brave a sporting pitch..given their batsmen other than smith it's hard to imagine they will have green mambas.

Edited by Vilander
3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Not having pattinson is bad but yeah still waiting for at least one test where aus brave a sporting pitch..given their batsmen other than smith it's hard to imagine they will have green mambas.

Yeah, they're going to be roads.  

Cummins could be good, if he stays healthy.   He has that x-factor about him.

Starc over his career will be better than Johnson easily but Johnson had a phenomenal peak in THAT series. HE was just dangerous and made that series so watchable. I am not sure Starc will be able to reach that levels. Starc has tendency to go off boil. Aussie unit overall though seems more steadier. Cummins Hazlewood and Lyon make for a dependable attack and if Starc can show up bowling accurately and fast they have advantage.  

10 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Starc over his career will be better than Johnson easily but Johnson had a phenomenal peak in THAT series. HE was just dangerous and made that series so watchable. I am not sure Starc will be able to reach that levels. Starc has tendency to go off boil. Aussie unit overall though seems more steadier. Cummins Hazlewood and Lyon make for a dependable attack and if Starc can show up bowling accurately and fast they have advantage.  

starc is pretty unplayable when in peak form although johnson's more frightening for batsmen.