Supreme Court banned sale of crackers in Delhi

surajmal

5 hours ago, surajmal said:

Delhi has proven itself to be

Full of disgraceful cowards for the millionth time. This piece of shitland is irredeemable. 

Got to learn from the Tamils. They brought their state to standstill when jalikattu was banned, Delhiites have confirmed their status as cowards, even more than the present day Bengalis. 

The coward ones like me didn't burn crackers (actually I don't since many years). But braves did manage to make AQI 999 again, near where I live 

http://aqicn.org/city/delhi/

Note that 999 is the maximum in their scale...in reality the AQI was 1000+ , but the maximum they can show in their scale is 999.

Also note that AQI should ideally be <50, which is there in most European and North American cities.

Even though people are pissed off , most do believe that crackers polute and they are the ones fo suffer.

The outrage is against selective ban .

If they are poluting , ban them completely from public and private lives of all citizens  along with taking other measures.Don't pick and choose based on the tolerance level of the people effected.

SC is going to go one step further next year and ban fireworks outright because milordas feel emboldened as no one is challenging their overreach and 2018 is also a do or die year for liberandus with Ram mandir verdict hanging in the balance (watch out for shenanigans here as well) I am going to make sure I'm in delhi next diwali and this is what I'm doing to SC:

Edited by surajmal

57 minutes ago, beetle said:

Even though people are pissed off , most do believe that crackers polute and they are the ones fo suffer.

The outrage is against selective ban .

If they are poluting , ban them completely from public and private lives of all citizens  along with taking other measures.Don't pick and choose based on the tolerance level of the people effected.

I thought outrage was against not banning animal sacrifice on eid while banning crackers on diwali? This outrage I can totally understand.

Edited by randomGuy

43 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

I called my buddies in B'lore this evening to wish them for Diwali...background noise was all patakas...I asked them about the ban...they said not effective.

Ban is only in NCR region...thst too only on sale.

2 hours ago, surajmal said:

SC is going to go one step further next year and ban fireworks outright because milordas feel emboldened as no one is challenging their overreach and 2018 is also a do or die year for liberandus with Ram mandir verdict hanging in the balance (watch out for shenanigans here as well) I am going to make sure I'm in delhi next diwali and this is what I'm doing to SC:

India has the highest amount of air pollution related deaths in the world, at 2.5 million per year

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/pollution/study-world-pollution-deadlier-than-wars-disasters-hunger/articleshow/61149195.cms

And this NRI, sitting comfortably overseas, with his family and children breathing in clear air and being safe does not need to care for that. For these NRIs, Indian lives do not matter. Indians are not individuals trying to live their lives, wanting to be safe, comfortable, as individuals living peacefully. Nope, these NRIs see Indians as disposable soldiers which they can take pride on sitting safe from afar with their comfortable lives and families. Hence they look at Indians as holder of ideals, symbol of their religion, of patriotism. This is why they are comfortable calling for a war with Pakistan. They are comfortable asking Indians to choke to death over their religion. Asking them to fight for death over whether a temple or a mosque should be build. Sitting safe and comfortable with their families and children, wars, riots, pollution, nothing going to affect the NRI. So they can afford these ideals

The very fact that the people cooperated is a slap on the faces of people like these. The Indians are largely a very sensible group of people. And the reason why we even exist as a country despite our multiple religions, languages, diversity and needs. Because the common Indian is focused on their day to day lives. 

We have survived despite our enemies. Despite people trying to divide us. And we will survive despite the lofty ideals of the NRIs who want us to fight and die and choke so that they, sitting safe far away can brag about their religion and rituals. No religion is greater than common sense and Hinduism is the prime example of a pragmatic religion. Heck even Gita talks clearly about karma over rituals but then picking and choosing what to follow has always been the way of the religious bigot

Edited by New guy

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

I called my buddies in B'lore this evening to wish them for Diwali...background noise was all patakas...I asked them about the ban...they said not effective.

There was no ban in Bangalore or any other part of the country. Last year after Diwali NCR region had smog for 9 days causing disease and breathing problems. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_smog_of_Delhi

45 minutes ago, New guy said:

India has the highest amount of air pollution related deaths in the world, at 2.5 million per year

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/pollution/study-world-pollution-deadlier-than-wars-disasters-hunger/articleshow/61149195.cms

And this NRI, sitting comfortably overseas, with his family and children breathing in clear air and being safe does not need to care for that. For these NRIs, Indian lives do not matter. Indians are not individuals trying to live their lives, wanting to be safe, comfortable, as individuals living peacefully. Nope, these NRIs see Indians as disposable soldiers which they can take pride on sitting safe from afar with their comfortable lives and families. Hence they look at Indians as holder of ideals, symbol of their religion, of patriotism. This is why they are comfortable calling for a war with Pakistan. They are comfortable asking Indians to choke to death over their religion. Asking them to fight for death over whether a temple or a mosque should be build. Sitting safe and comfortable with their families and children, wars, riots, pollution, nothing going to affect the NRI. So they can afford these ideals

The very fact that the people cooperated is a slap on the faces of people like these. The Indians are largely a very sensible group of people. And the reason why we even exist as a country despite our multiple religions, languages, diversity and needs. Because the common Indian is focused on their day to day lives. 

We have survived despite our enemies. Despite people trying to divide us. And we will survive despite the lofty ideals of the NRIs who want us to fight and die and choke so that they, sitting safe far away can brag about their religion and rituals. No religion is greater than common sense and Hinduism is the prime example of a pragmatic religion. Heck even Gita talks clearly about karma over rituals but then picking and choosing what to follow has always been the way of the religious bigot

Na bhai  999 AQI is most conducive for bringing up citizens having great IQ, Olympic-athlete level fitness etc. Don't you know?

3 hours ago, New guy said:

There was no ban in Bangalore or any other part of the country. Last year after Diwali NCR region had smog for 9 days causing disease and breathing problems. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_smog_of_Delhi

LOL, a half baked wiki page is your source.  Answer me a basic question, Why only Delhi has poor air quality if other cities are doing exactly the same?

Now let me put some stories from that period. Problem  was that in the name of Diwali some people burnt the trash. So cant this be actual root cause then blaming Diwali. And Diwali was just for a night. Wasnt it.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/delhi-air-pollution-post-ngt-rap-jain-visits-dumping-site/articleshow/55259105.cms

The 40 acre trash mountain, located near the GT Karnal Road, receives about 2,700 tonnes of garbage per day. It caters to more than 50 per cent of Delhi's population.

He said the Delhi government and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) are jointly working out a plan to dispose excess garbage and douse flames.

"MCD is working tirelessly to douse the flames here, they have asked for 10-12 days. Around 50-60 per cent of these garbage would later be used to construct roads and the rest would be used in waste energy plant," he said.

Here is a page slightly bigger then the wiki.

http://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/delhi-air-pollution-identifying-perpetrators-and-fixing-responsibility-56240

NRI logic is most pathetic logic someone can comeup with when arguing a religious/cultural/regional  aspect of India

Edited by mishra

On 10/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Gollum said:

I think this order reeks of judicial over reach. This sets a very bad precedent, banning anything in this age is a strict no no for me, be it banning of beef or alcohol or crackers. It is wiser to have strict safeguards and regulations rather than outright banning. For instance the SC could have called for regulatory measures or ordered the ban of certain harmful/toxic chemicals used in crackers that ultimately cause severe air pollution. 

Besides firecrackers aren't even the main source of air pollution in Delhi this time of the year. http://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/nasa-pics-delhi-pollution-smog-in-delhi-punjab-haryana-farmers-burning-crops-delhi-pollution-latest-news/438050/

Paddy stubble burning in neighboring states of Punjab/Haryana coupled with air circulation patterns in NCR cause this intense smog. We can't even blame the farmers here because there is very little time between the rice harvesting(October 2nd week) and wheat sowing(November 1st week). Paddy was never a main crop in those 2 states until the 2000s. It is only in the last 15 odd years that they have started growing wheat and paddy in rotation. Combine harvesters cut the crop well above the ground leaving only the stubble. Farmers then usually have to manually cut the stubble. If it is wheat they generally use the wheat residue as animal feed. On the other hand they don't bother collecting rice stubble because it can't be used as animal fodder (rice straw in those 2 states has high silica content and hence is dangerous for consumption by animals). Hence they simply burn the rice stubble, unwilling to incur high cost and energy on collecting them (can't really blame them tbh). Biomass by processing paddy straw can provide clean and reliable energy. Unlike Karnataka, the northern states don't have many biomass based power generation plants. Paddy straw is an ideal raw material for such plants. I wish the concerned people invest in such paddy stubble based power plants in north India, thus taking care of the annual stubble burning problem and employing many people in the process. They can even look into the possibilities of converting rice stubble to manure through some compost technique. Research should be directed towards how paddy straw can be used in cardboard making or paper making, the possibilities are endless. 

Leaving all this the SC has taken the cop-out decision of imposing a blanket ban on firecrackers. Diwali is celebrated as much/even more vigorously in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai (maximum crackers are burst in this city from personal experience) but these cities don't have the same smog problem as Delhi. Can't these judges figure out the reason why? Kejri did the odd-even experiment last year same time but even that didn't solve the air pollution problem. How can it when the main reason for this problem originates in 2 other states and not Delhi. Not just Delhi, even Lahore has the same problem on an annual basis. If Hindus are pissed off with this order, can't really blame them. 

Looks like the cracker ban didn't help reduce air pollution as the intellectuals were claiming, just like the odd even gimmick. SC reconfirming its stupidity and uselessness yet again. 

38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Looks like the cracker ban didn't help reduce air pollution as the intellectuals were claiming, just like the odd even gimmick. SC reconfirming its stupidity and uselessness yet again. 

Normal day AQI these days in Delhi is 300-400 which is extremely hazardous anyways. On diwali day, it was 1000+. This, after 60-70% less crackers being burnt this time. Imagine what diwali is like when crackers don't have any ban.

In my view, people are correct asking for ban on animal sacrifice...It's an evil practice. And it must be banned irrespective of any sort of so-called religious sentiment. Ban on Cracker sale was the correct decision regardless.

4 hours ago, diga said:

Doesn't LG too have a similar campaign when they are sponsoring the new year's fireworks in London?

Yes, all these people come out with msgs for diwali and promote  fireworks  during new year's  or private functions or IPL..ban everything or shut the FU.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 20/10/2017 at 10:42 AM, randomGuy said:

I thought outrage was against not banning animal sacrifice on eid while banning crackers on diwali? This outrage I can totally understand.

What outrage ?

Animal sacrifice is as much a Hindu practice as it is a Muslim practice.Only difference is the Animal sacrificed.

Last time the Govt banned  that in TN, it resulted in epic backlash .

Good luck trying that ban overall India lmao.