What is your ideal ODI line up?

Dhawan

Rohit 

Kohli 

Rahul/iyer

Dhoni 

Shankar/krunal/gowtham (acc to need, form, combination)

Hardik 

Chahal/kuldeep/karn (depending on form)

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Shami 

Other players i would like to have in setup 

Sundar, Pant , siraj, rajpoot .........may be a season later sran or kulwant

Also i wont count jadeja and Ashwin out as of now 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We do need an off spinner too to tackle Left handed batsmen especially in India. We struggled against Munro, Latham, and Nicholas due to that. Need to give Jayant Yadav a go too or find some other off spinner. I don't see many in domestic. Our domestic is full of left arm spinners.

Sundar 

16 member squad for 2019 WC (As I dnt see much change happening):

Openers - Rohit, Dhawan, Rahane

Middle orders - Kohli, Rahul, Dhoni, Pandey, Jadhav, Pant

All rounder - Hardik, Jaddu

Spinners - Ashwin, Kuldeep

Seamers - Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami

WC 19 should be last hurray for Dhoni, Rahane, Ash, Jaddu, Jadhav and Dhawan

Post WC....the 15 member squad:

Rahul
Rohit
Kohli
Pandey
Iyer
Pant
Nair
Hardik
Krunal
Washington
Kuldeep
Jayant
Thampi
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

Because he hit a century against Zim in ODis, and hit some shots in a throw-away T20 in a small ground in Florida.   

KL Rahul has shown his hitting prowess starting from IPL 2016, in which season he averaged 44 with a SR of 146 in 14 matches.

Then scored a 71 off 47 against England in early 2017 apart from the Florida century.

He is one of the very few Indian batters who can hit both quick bowlers and spinners for big 6s plus  he is a test quality batter and not a hack. This combo is rare.

The videos below show him hitting big 6s off genuine pace, spin and medium pace... as well as hitting 4s off quick bowlers.

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2016/m181067/match-clips/kl-rahul-fights-mcclenaghans-fire-with-fire/2001505061

( seen hitting 145 k to 148 k balls )

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/kl-rahul-s-brisk-52-gives-rcb-perfect-platform/2001502310

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2016/m181045/match-clips/kl-rahuls-maiden-ipl-fifty/2001499131

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2016/m181082/match-clips/kl-rahul-shines-with-composed-38/2001508341

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

KL Rahul has shown his hitting prowess starting from IPL 2016, in which season he averaged 44 with a SR of 146 in 14 matches.

And looked clueless against the spin stylings of an SL rookie.   

As I wrote in this same thread earlier, I expect Rahul and Iyer both to be future mainstays of our ODI lineup.   

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

The point I already made above, is that Shreyas Iyer may be a better fit than Rahul for the ODI middle order.  Clearly Rahul has made his preference for playing as opener known.  

Has he done that for ODIs knowing that he is 4th in the pecking order  ?

Iyer is a big prospect but his ability of hitting big shots off genuine quicks is not known to us.  

Reading many comments above

1. Many wants kohli to bat 4, why wud u want to move ur best batsman from his fav position. U give ur best batsman most number of balls and his fav . At 3 kohli is more of an attacking option then at 4. Now wud u want kohli to dictate game at 3 or at 4 be dictated by the game. 

2. Some want Rahul as keeper, keeping is no joke. This aint 2002 that we have no gr8 option we ll go to a part time keeper.....pick any keeper but not a part timer . Just to make batting strong dont take wkt away from bowler , ultimately bowler wins u a game 

15 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You are over rating Yuvraj of his younger days who was pretty average till 2005, first 5 years of his career.  He was no better than Rohit Sharma of first 5 years of his career and even YUvraj was not great against genuine pace, could hit medium pacers all day. Anyway Rahul has already done that in T20 cricket. So, no reason he cannot do that in ODIs. 

Not really 

He played akhtar in 2003 wc pretty well , played lee well in australia , didnt look out of place against bond as others use to

He was one of the most comfortable players against geniune pace 

His major probelm was against spin bowling 

40 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not really 

He played akhtar in 2003 wc pretty well , played lee well in australia , didnt look out of place against bond as others use to

He was one of the most comfortable players against geniune pace 

His major probelm was against spin bowling 

Playing and hitting are two completely different things.

there's the "ideal" team one would want, and the "realistic" team one can aim for. I'll list both for the 2019 WC.

Real team:

(1) Rohit

(2) Dhawan

(3) VK

(4) D. Karthik

(5) Dhoni

(6) Pandey/Jadhav

(7) H. Pandya

(8) Axar

(9) Bhuvi

(10) Kuldeep/Chahal

(11) Bumrah

Ideal team:

(1) Rohit

(2) Dhawan

(3) VK

(4) Rahul (wk)

(5) Pandey (or maybe Jadhav)

(6) H. Pandya

(7) K. Pandya (or V. Shankar)

(8) Kuldeep

(9) Shami

(10) Chahal

(11) Bumrah

1. Rohit Sharma 

2. Shikhar Dhawan 

3. Virat Kohli (C)

4. Manish Pandey 

5. MS Dhoni (WK)

6. Hardik Pandya 

7. Krunal Pandya 

8. Bhuveneshwar Kumar 

9. Kuldeep Yadav 

10. Jasprit Bumrah 

11. Yuzvendra Chahal 

Shami/Thakur/Siraj can replace one of the spinners when we play outside Asia 

rohit
dhawan
kohli
rahul/iyer/manish/pant (searching for batsman capable of big innings)
raina/shanker/hooda/sundar (all rounder/ 6th bowling option)
dhoni (no point in questioning his place, kohli gonna play him WC even before himself)
hardik
jaddu
bhuvi
chahal
bumrah

close call between kuldeep and jaddu depending on pitch and opposition.

---I am convinced now that kedar is hack and kartik is mediocre as pure batsman

Edited by SUMO
5 minutes ago, SUMO said:

rohit
dhawan
kohli
rahul/iyer/manish/pant (searching for batsman capable of big innings)
raina/shanker/hooda/sundar (all rounder/ 6th bowling option)
dhoni (no point in questioning his place, kohli gonna play him WC even before himself)
hardik
jaddu
bhuvi
chahal
bumrah

close call between kuldeep and jaddu depending on pitch and opposition.

---I am convinced now that kedar is hack and kartik is mediocre as pure batsman

I agree Dhoni will be played unless someone takes the bold call of dropping him. However, Pant at 4 is too high, esp. given that pant has a very poor List A record. Of the four, Rahul would be the best best. At 5, Raina is a spent force. Sundar is too raw.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I agree Dhoni will be played unless someone takes the bold call of dropping him. However, Pant at 4 is too high, esp. given that pant has a very poor List A record. Of the four, Rahul would be the best best. At 5, Raina is a spent force. Sundar is too raw.

I put their names in the pecking order, pant is the last name that i put. I too like rahul, he is india's best talent after rohit and kohli...

I feel raina wasn't that bad when he lost his place and has ability to strike from ball 1. His fitness has improved and is always a gun fielder. much better than kedar who was a downgrade from him.

2 minutes ago, SUMO said:

I put their names in the pecking order, pant is the last name that i put. I too like rahul, he is india's best talent after rohit and kohli...

I feel raina wasn't that bad when he lost his place and has ability to strike from ball 1. His fitness has improved and is always a gun fielder. much better than kedar who was a downgrade from him.

Although I don't see Jadhav as a long-term option (and would not want him in the team in the long run), he has not done poorly in the chances he got. He is a bad fielder, but bowling-wise he has done okay. In terms of batting, he is a very different player than Raina is, but he has scored at a good SR and avg.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Pandey

DK / Dhoni (wk)

Hardik

Bhuvi

Kuldeep/Sundar

Chahal

Bumrah

Backup : Iyer, V Shankar, Siraj

I’m not sold on Pant for ODIs yet. Maybe get him into T20Is to see how he does at internationals before getting him into ODI.

I’m happy with the decision to keep Shami to Tests. He is too fragile to handle multiple formats and he is our best Test bowler