Sachin Tendulkar v Virat Kohli - who is better ODI batsman?

Who is better ODI batsman?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better ODI batsman?

12 hours ago, bahubali said:

Man I know you are in love with kohli but using extreme words like nowhere near played in condition where no swing in Asia. Sachin played half of his odi in red balls, even when there was white ball odi in other countries in Asia it has been used regularly only after 2000. Also there was only one ball used during entire match. Also look at the bowler  played during Sachin time. Even zim has better attack than last odi series we played against Australia, eng attack in odi is laughable same goes with current wi and sl so don't overexagrate .Also right now every team has above 50 AVG batsmen how many you have at past above 45 AVG batsmen. And no zahir AVG were only good in Asia have you seen his odi AVG in countries like Sena and wi so he is in no comparison with Sachin. Also kohli also have knack of falling at big occasion he has played 2 WC so far and has been utter failure. Look at Sachin AVG in all the WC which he has played. Kohli is ahead in biletral because of his second iinning exploits but telling Sachin is no where near kohli give me a sense of extremists vibes who consider no religion ahead of theirs.

Sachin in anyway is not even close to Kohli as an odi player.It is not about being extreme, it is a fact.Sachin all he could score on a hundred each in SENA countries and 38 100s in Asia .Virat scored 3 hundred in one series in SA.Sachin went missing when conditions were tough where as Virat is Mr.Consistent who is there in every series.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

People are making Sachin that old. Ask them.

Impact of 2 new balls, flat tracks and power plays. In modern era Even Ireland and Scotland score over 300 against a team like England.

How many times do Viv Richards Windies or Aussie AtGs scored over 300.

BTW they are the only  two sides who are ATGs.

baaki keep going on with stats.

Edited by mishra

Btw people just need to hear commentary of few games when Sachin started opening. adjectives used in those games, i am yet to hear again.

little master tornado god. Just Few qiutes someone collected.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sarthakg.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/sachin-tendulkar/amp/

i saw Kohli u-19 wc. I saw him playing under Dhoni. I noticed from day 1 and allways praised Kohli wrt Raina and co as more reliable. That was it.

This was way before Kohli started his captaincy ****. Or Malinga bashing

Right now. If i have to choose only one player for a cricket team to must win final or series, I will choose Smith even with Eyes closed. 

Edited by mishra
16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

To me, Virat Kohli is the greatest batsman to have ever played one-day cricket. I have no doubts after seeing what he has achieved for India," Clarke, himself a former World Cup-winning captain, told PTI in an interview.

People who saw both Sachin and Kohli know Kohli is far better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offcourse he became a gun starting 2012. ABDV was biggest( one of biggest) odi gun for 6-8 year starting 2009.

kohli is yet to complete 6 years as biggest( one of biggest) gun of odi. Unbiased opinion of me rates Kohli as ABDV of odi cricket.

Biased opinion of me, says Kohli is slightly ahead for now against ABDv but it will all depend on how 2019 ends for him. 

Edited by mishra
Offcourse he became a gun starting 2012. ABDV was biggest( one of biggest) odi gun for 6-8 year starting 2009.
kohli is yet to complete 6 years as biggest( one of biggest) gun of odi. Unbiased opinion of me rates Kohli as ABDV of odi cricket.
Biased opinion of me, says Kohli is slightly ahead for now against ABDv but it will all depend on how 2019 ends for him. 

Kohli is far ahead of either AB or Sachin .

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli is far ahead of either AB or Sachin .

Bhai, i became his fan of his batting when people or BCCI were selling Raina to us.

I distinctly remember what used to happen when Sachin walked in to bat specially against Australia or Pakistan. India stopped working. BCCI then managed to package and sell mSD.

However now, YoY cricket viewing interest is declining. 

These BCCI buggers are now so desperate that they tried to sell Pandya as next Kapil. But I don’t expect everyone to understand this angle. 

Si yes, Kohli is best. Pandya is next Kapil

Bhai, i became his fan of his batting when people or BCCI were selling Raina to us.

I distinctly remember what used to happen when Sachin walked in to bat specially against Australia or Pakistan. India stopped working. BCCI then managed to package and sell mSD.
However now, YoY cricket viewing interest is declining. 

These BCCI buggers are now so desperate that they tried to sell Pandya as next Kapil. But I don’t expect everyone to understand this angle. 

Si yes, Kohli is best. Pandya is next Kapil

Just because India stopped working when Sachin batted , he doesn’t become better than Kohli.

^ it can be also interpreted as despite peak years, Kohli cant capture the imagination of cricket crazy nation. 

You know the reason. Just check last game. Kohli wasn’t comfortable throughtout the inning. Edges, misses struggle. That too against like of mediocrity. And hence Kohli cant capture imagination. I dont want to stop my work just to see someone missing shots against mediocre bowler.m or just ordinary. I will rather just watch highlights 

Atleast i watch few hours live or some highlights before i make a comment on a batsmen and his quality or work on circumstantial evidence.

There are poster who watch it all on statsguru And almanack or some books.

if one is to rely on author and bhakts and hearsays, 

then there is a god, and that god really came on earth to tell us how to eff properly :--D

Edited by mishra
5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sachin in anyway is not even close to Kohli as an odi player.It is not about being extreme, it is a fact.Sachin all he could score on a hundred each in SENA countries and 38 100s in Asia .Virat scored 3 hundred in one series in SA.Sachin went missing when conditions were tough where as Virat is Mr.Consistent who is there in every series.

Thank ye god that he dint get to face phelukwao, Pretorius and maharaja attack like Mr kohli had during SA odi series.kohli goes missing even on slightest bit of pressure. Atleast Sachin never went missing in ICC tournament against greatest of Pakistani attack. Where as kohli Sahab got out shamelessly and coz a most shameful defeat against Pakistani in the biggest of stage. As I said even past zim attack was better than what kohli is facing in this era of Odis.

39 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Thank ye god that he dint get to face phelukwao, Pretorius and maharaja attack like Mr kohli had during SA odi series.kohli goes missing even on slightest bit of pressure. Atleast Sachin never went missing in ICC tournament against greatest of Pakistani attack. Where as kohli Sahab got out shamelessly and coz a most shameful defeat against Pakistani in the biggest of stage. As I said even past zim attack was better than what kohli is facing in this era of Odis.

Wait wait what...

ICC T20 WC 2014 Man of the series

ICC T20 WC 2016 Man of the series

He scored in finals back in 2014 as well. Kohli smashed a 100 against pak in WC. 

Edit : It's raki07 lmao multi account. 

Edited by Rasgulla

With the 2 new ball concept , it has become ridiculously easy to score in the middle and death overs .there's hardly any reverse swing on offer,in the 90s they hardly used to change the ball and used to continue till the end with the muddy ball and it used to be bit more tough to score freely .

Reverse swing and the old ball was the biggest proponent which kept the scores down 

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

Dude, Rohit(also Dhawan) has scored over Kohli in Australia and England??. What do you say for that?. Context matters a lot man. 

3 hours ago, Adi BB said:

With the 2 new ball concept , it has become ridiculously easy to score in the middle and death overs .there's hardly any reverse swing on offer,in the 90s they hardly used to change the ball and used to continue till the end with the muddy ball and it used to be bit more tough to score freely .

Reverse swing and the old ball was the biggest proponent which kept the scores down 

At the same time, there were many matches played with the red ball..