Waqar bowling pies

bhakum20

16 minutes ago, the don said:

How ?? 

That is not true . He was much quicker than the guys you mentioned . If they could outshine him they would have bowled higher speeds but as it is even wahab riaz has a higher top speeds . I am talking facts here not hypothetical scenarios please.

Also as i said waqar clocked 140 plus multiple times in that worldcup . You can rewatch the games if you want . Dont know where you get your information from.

I said if its only on for a pace competition, there are so many things in an live international match like pressure, accuracy for which you have to sacrifice pace sometimes, on the Other hand sami has went  only for pace and pace through out his career as I said I have followed sami in 2005 in India and in  2006 Pakistan and  he has  bowled at the fastest of 148kph, he Was  giving all his 100% in pace and what i have also noticed Is  that he  tends to put lot of efforts to bowl fast where as when umesh and Aron bowls with the same speed  it looks so effortless,  and I am not misinformed I have watched most of the 2003 WC and also have seen waquar bowling in 1999, 2000 anf 2002 he is surely not express by any standards 

37 minutes ago, the don said:

How ?? 

That is not true . He was much quicker than the guys you mentioned . If they could outshine him they would have bowled higher speeds but as it is even wahab riaz has a higher top speeds . I am talking facts here not hypothetical scenarios please.

Also as i said waqar clocked 140 plus multiple times in that worldcup . You can rewatch the games if you want . Dont know where you get your information from.

Waqar hit 140 only on a few balls that entire tournament. Also his fastest was around 142 kph. The problem is this though speed guns became a mainstay only since 1999/00 and Waqar s speeds barely clocked in the 140 kph region at all . He'd bowl at decent pace upto 138 kph in his first spell and then drop as low as 125 kph in his later spells. Only in the world cup was he running in a little harder and even then he couldn't clock anything higher than 142 in the India game . I don't think anyone is questioning peak Waqars pace as he was clocked at 153 kph which I believe is the fastest he's ever bowled. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

One of the most common mistakes a cricket fan makes in judging a bowler is by giving too much importance to bowling speed. We had no speed guns in 80's, so bowlers were judged from a more holistic perspective, how well they understood their bowling. How did county cricket make Zak a world class bowler? The experience there made him understood his bowling better, otherwise he did not make any big changes in his bowling.

There was this guy called Nantie Hayward who bowled against India in Blomfontein test, he was very inexperienced and regularly bowled at 150+ kph but Sachin and Sehwag were square cutting him like they were playing blindfolded cricket.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

One of the most common mistakes a cricket fan makes in judging a bowler is by giving too much importance to bowling speed. We had no speed guns in 80's, so bowlers were judged from a more holistic perspective, how well they understood their bowling. How did county cricket make Zak a world class bowler? The experience there made him understood his bowling better, otherwise he did not make any big changes in his bowling.

There was this guy called Nantie Hayward who bowled against India in Blomfontein test, he was very inexperienced and regularly bowled at 150+ kph but Sachin and Sehwag were square cutting him like they were playing blindfolded cricket.

no one here is saying one should not be accurate or be thoughtful and strategic while bowling in certain areas and set batsmen up for a wicket. Pace comes after that, but it does come for sure; a good bowler who bowls at 135 is lesser than a good bowler who bowls 145. Thats the diff between Aamir and Shami. There is a class difference there, thats why Shami is so effective in Tests, pace is important.

Edited by Vilander
41 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

OP clearly has had his head run over by his rickshaw.

Waqar is universally considered to be the best ODI quick of all time and one of the great Test bowlers of his era.  India would kill to have someone half as good as Waqar

He's not even the Pakistani best ODI quick of all time. Go look up this guy called Akram. When it comes to the world there were many bowlers much better than Waqar: McGrath, Donald in the 90s, Shane Frickin Bond in the 2000s, and Garner, Hadlee, Lillee, Roberts, etc in the 70s and 80s.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

no one here is saying one should not be accurate or be thoughtful and strategic while bowling in certain areas and set batsmen up for a wicket. Pace comes after that, but it does come for sure; a good bowler who bowls at 135 is lesser than a good bowler who bowls 145. Thats the diff between Aamir and Shami. There is a class difference there, thats why Shami is so effective in Tests, pace is important.

Pace is important but it's just one of the parameters to make an ideal bowler. In certain countries pace doesn't do much damage, for example in England Johnson bowled very well in Ashes '15 but got few rewards, whereas Praveen Kumar got the ball to talk consistently there and against a much stronger batting line up with minimal support from other bowlers. Terry Alderman a P Kumar type medium pacer took crazy 42 wickets from 6 tests in England, apart from Marshall who took 35 wickets in 5 tests no other great WI bowler comes close to that record. The fact that Graham Gooch was more comfortable facing quick WI bowlers in UK than facing medium bowlers to whom he was a walking wicket is another evidence.

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

He's not even the Pakistani best ODI quick of all time. Go look up this guy called Akram. When it comes to the world there were many bowlers much better than Waqar: McGrath, Donald in the 90s, Shane Frickin Bond in the 2000s, and Garner, Hadlee, Lillee, Roberts, etc in the 70s and 80s.

Nice melt pencil arms.

Listen to any interview from ODI batsmen in the 90's - they'll say 75% + of the time Waqar was the GOAT ODI quick.

And I never said he was the best Test bowler - "one of the greats of his era".  Along with Ambrose, Walsh, McGrath, Wasim etc.  Notably NO Indians.

Nice troll attempt but Lala2790 has flicked you over midwicket for four

3 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

OP clearly has had his head run over by his rickshaw.

Waqar is universally considered to be the best ODI quick of all time and one of the great Test bowlers of his era.  India would kill to have someone half as good as Waqar

just remove reverse swing .....and then he  will get tonked all over the park. by bowling half-volleys..it was said by sir alex stewart(english captain)

2 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

just remove reverse swing .....and then he  will get tonked all over the park. by bowling half-volleys..it was said by sir alex stewart(english captain)

That would be like saying "just remove Ashwin's spin", then he only bowls loopy half trackers.

Lol, haven't seen a bigger self-pawn than ^ friend :phehe:

12 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

That would be like saying "just remove Ashwin's spin", then he only bowls loopy half trackers.

Lol, haven't seen a bigger self-pawn than ^ friend :phehe:

you are stupid...i meant that waqar was poor with the new ball as well as semi-old ball.......that is only good after 30-35 overs of innings...and be realistic we all know how he got so much reverse swing...giggle

anyways ...i am feeling   hungry  ....bye for now!!!!!!

image.jpeg.bb381923e966bbd6870938da25bb5469.jpeg

15 hours ago, MechEng said:

Not really. Indian batsmen struggled big time against him. I saw that series. He was a consistent threat for us.

Even though he was "only" 29 by then injuries had taken their toll on Waqar and he was not the quick bowler he was in his early 90's pomp.

BUT he was still a great cut and swing bowler, you can see he is beating batsmen with movement and not pace. In that tri series Waqar was very good- he took a 5 or 6 wicket haul against Australia too. He was very much a rhythm bowler Waqar, when he hit a purple patch he was hard to play.