Look at your career before commenting on Dhoni: Shastri

wanted_desi

19 hours ago, maniac said:

Shastri was the original “lunger” back in the day who screwed up many a games for India.

Guess what even he was a man of the series or had these crlebrated moments in a world trophy.

Lots of similarities with Dhoni so might have a genuine soft spot 

He has more similarities with your god than Dhoni . Personal  milestones above everything else .

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

The worst kind of player worshippers accusing others of cheerleading is a bit too much isnt it ?  

Nah, nah, I just used to debunk the lies spread by worshipers of certain other cricketers who used to be steeped in regional bias and spread lies about a certain player because he was not from Karanataka

Edited by New guy
2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

He has more similarities with your god than Dhoni . Personal  milestones above everything else .

You realize that this argument that “he played for records” is so dumb to begin with right?

You know that a person  has to be a real

genius to be good enough to play for “records” to begin with  right? It’s only the mediocre ones who come up with excuses like playing for team,trying hard,giving his best shot  etc.

It reminds me of excuses for dumb students make  like I am a genius but I am not a good “test taker” or getting 98% in board exam doesn’t mean anything or academics don’t matter etc etc :laugh:

The point is both Shastri or Dhoni just blocked one end and ruined efforts of partners at the other end more often than not. Both were allrounders who had good utility at times. Both had their shining moment at world stage. Hence the similarities.

Edited by maniac
22 minutes ago, maniac said:

You realize that this argument that “he played for records” is so dumb to begin with right?

You know that a person  has to be a real

genius to be good enough to play for “records” to begin with  right? It’s only the mediocre ones who come up with excuses like playing for team,trying hard,giving his best shot  etc.

It reminds me of excuses for dumb students make  like I am a genius but I am not a good “test taker” or getting 98% in board exam doesn’t mean anything or academics don’t matter etc etc :laugh:

The point is both Shastri or Dhoni just blocked one end and ruined efforts of partners at the other end more often than not. Both were allrounders who had good utility at times. Both had their shining moment at world stage. Hence the similarities.

I dont want to get into this argument . 

Anyway I have said a million times , Tendulkar was genius and the only one who was near perfect in every aspect , my problem is only that he could have done a lot more . The fact that he dragged his career to get to his 100th 100 was very disappointing . I have never called him selfish , but prefer players who dont care about personal scores  . There are so many instances I wished Tendulkar would show some intent when he was in 90s , hit a few boundaries and prove me wrong , wasnt going to happen unless there was a thick edge lol 

On the other hand we had your mediocre players like Viru hitting a 6 to get to his tripple hundred . who needs a genius ? 

The lesser / mediocre players like at their best Dravid , Sehwag , VVS , Dhoni and lately Virat gave us most of our famous wins , be it overseas test wins or some impossible chases in ODI's . 

Comparing Shastri with Dhoni ?  

Just now, jusarrived said:

I dont want to get into this argument . 

Anyway I have said a million times , Tendulkar was genius and the only one who was near perfect in every aspect , my problem is only that he could have done a lot more . The fact that he dragged his career to get to his 100th 100 was very disappointing . I have never called him selfish , but prefer players who dont care about personal scores  . There are so many instances I wished Tendulkar would show some intent when he was in 90s , hit a few boundaries and prove me wrong , wasnt going to happen unless there was a thick edge lol 

On the other hand we had your mediocre players like Viru hitting a 6 to get to his tripple hundred . who needs a genius ? 

The lesser / mediocre players like at their best Dravid , Sehwag , VVS , Dhoni and lately Virat gave us most of our famous wins , be it overseas test wins or some impossible chases in ODI's . 

Comparing Shastri with Dhoni ?  

Shastri was man of the tournament in the mini World Cup which was a pretty big deal back in the day when such tournaments were rare.

He had lot of media coverage too...affairs with Sabatini and Amrita Singh.

Started off good but then reputation got to him and changed his game from a guy who hit 6 6s to tuk tuk lunger....isn’t that similar enough?