Virat Kohli or Steven Smith - over all better batsman as of now?

rtmohanlal

1 minute ago, CG said:
4 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:
Not really. He's done it in Eng, Aus and SA already in some swing conditions 

When pitches were flat.Even Kohli hammered Aussie attack on flat tracks in Aus and sa attack when pitches were flat last time.

Not really. Some of the matches had tough pitches as evidenced by other batsmen failing 

in any case be outperformed Kohli in INDIA

Smith is just an odd odd player..

Odd stance, Odd movement at the crease... just unbelievable he is been making these many runs. It'll be interesting to watch their next series in SA.. Against Morkel and Rabada

Kohli got beaten in his mind today.. Philander kept bowling outside off and boom all off a sudden he sent a straight one. Philander looks the least threatening, after first 10-15 overs, in SA attack, but damn the guy got 6fer..

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

There was never a comparision between the 2. One is 2nd in the list after Bradman and WC record setter, the other is a mental midget and chickenhearted cricketer. 

i hope you know what you are talking about... Best Chaser in the world can't be a chickenhearted or a mental midget.. he has delivered time and again..

3 minutes ago, veer said:

i hope you know what you are talking about... Best Chaser in the world can't be a chickenhearted or a mental midget.. he has delivered time and again..

I agree with this.  But, much as I hate to admit it, Smith's current body of work in tests far exceeds Kohli's.  Everything about him is wrong, except results.  Kohli has some work to do before he gets those results - a true pitch-defying 4th innings knock that sees the team through, for instance.  He had a chance today and was looking good, but didn't deliver in the end.

6 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

I agree with this.  But, much as I hate to admit it, Smith's current body of work in tests far exceeds Kohli's.  Everything about him is wrong, except results.  Kohli has some work to do before he gets those results - a true pitch-defying 4th innings knock that sees the team through, for instance.  He had a chance today and was looking good, but didn't deliver in the end.

Totally.. Smith is hard to bowl to because of his unorthodox style of batting and initial movement at the crease... Kohli has skills but he puts too much burden on himself.. Kohli sledges a lot so bowlers and opponents are  more focused on getting him out.. Today, for example, i had never seen Philander going crazy after getting a wicket.. today he was cussing and yelling at Kohli's dismissal.. Plus Kohli at times ends up being a lone warrior while Ozzies half a team gets after the batter

37 minutes ago, veer said:

Yup he will deliver in the Vico Turmeric Cream Cup and Cycle Agarbathi Trophy while the Great One will be busy winning matches in the QF-SF-F stages of a World Cup.