'Shikhar Dhawan and Murali Vijay Will Open in South Africa,' Reveals Ravi Shastri to CNN-News18

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Pathetic reasoning by Shastri. He was a defensive, selfish cricketer in his time and is showing similar pathetic tendencies now also. First Gavaskar openly singled out Rahul while speaking in support of Rahane and now Shastri is making up bs reasons to drop him. The Mumbai duo are a danger to the well being of Indian cricket.

As I said before,all these commies are PR to kohli. And Shashtri is pummerian dog who barks at his owner command and sometimes bite the weaker one in the family. Kehtein hai  na kutta jab pagal Ho jaye to usey goli maar deni chahiey.

41 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhawan avg in last 12 months - 69 with 2 centuries.

Rahul avg in last 12 months - 48 with 0 centuries

Why is everyone so hell bent on dropping Dhawan? We all know KL has a much higher ceiling but shouldn't Dhawan be opening purely on form? Both Rahul and Rahane should sit out in 1st test with Dhawan & Rohit playing.

Seems like Dhawan is the new Dhoni for ICFers...dont understand the hate at all.

So runs against this SL side and against Aussies on dust bowls and England are the same?

No wonder Kohli makes such crap decisions, when he know fans will support no matter what sh*t he dishes out!

Edited by Forever Indian
52 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

How much did Rahul and Rahane scored against the same mediocre SL side?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is about openers, not Rahane. Regarding Rahul, in the matches where both Dhawan and Rahul played against SL Dhawan averaged 64 and Rahul 55, so not much of difference. It's not as if Rahul failed in those matches.

The team needs players who scores when the team most needs, like Rahul has done in the series prior to that.

Also as a test opener technique is very important overseas, and there is no question as to who lacks it.

Edited by Forever Indian
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

If this is true Shastri and Kohli should be fired from their positions. Rahul scoring all those fifties in Australian series on extremely hard pitches where Kohli was sitting duck  should count more than 100s scored against useless SL attack.

delhi nepotism at its finest - dhawan and ishant.

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Shreyas Iyer failed to convert 2 50s into 100s against a mediocre bowling attack. Does he get dropped next game? 

he is too impulsive at this stage. but I'm guessing that this statement is not meant to be stated at face value :)