Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini  2  for. 18  from 4 overs.

Fastest of 152 kph

Average Speed  142 kph despite some slower balls.

2 wickets via a bouncer and a yorker

Well done  !

Just caught the highlights and my jaw dropped when I saw his yorker to Gunathilaka.  In the last 2 matches he has played, he has unleashed two absolutely unplayably beautiful, perfection yorkers.  One to Roston Chase and today to DG.  

I've said it here before, I am old enough to remember watching non-spinners bowling for India with the sole purpose of roughing the ball enough for the spinners to grip it.  Watching lethal INDIAN fast bowlers attacking like a pack of wolves is a dream I never imagined would come true in my life time.  

Dhanyanaade kaNree, Dhanyanaade!

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka
15 hours ago, express bowling said:

This is some high quality fast bowling by Saini, combining high pace, accuracy and seam movement ... and some bounce from time to time.

He is consistently hitting the proverbial top of off stump.

Bloddy moron TM and selectors ignore his talents for 2 years. In these 2 years had he given chance been developed as a complete bowler.

2 hours ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

I've said it here before, I am old enough to remember watching non-spinners bowling for India with the sole purpose of roughing the ball enough for the spinners to grip it.  Watching lethal INDIAN fast bowlers attacking like a pack of wolves is a dream I never imagined would come true in my life time.  

My cricket watching days started with Madan Lal  ( auto-correct keeps changing him to Madam Lal, perhaps looking at his low speeds ), Binny and Sandhu as support " pacers " for Kapil ( who himself dropped pace after his knee issues ).  And a steady stream of military medium pacers followed in the coming years. Sandhu perhaps bowled at 110 kph.

I was very young then ... but I will never forget the gentle floaters that we served batsmen, while WI etc. fired " cannon balls " at us. The most noticeable part was the trajectory difference of the balls. Our seamers were floating the ball up gently whereas most other teams had deck hitting bowlers and skim the surface zippy pacers.

The humiliation that we cannot get any team out unless the conditions or pitches were very helpful,  was a very bad feeling as a cricket follower. 

Teams with strong bowling attacks were always feared and respected as teams. And our cricket glories were mostly about individual achievements of a couple of batsmen ( barring 1983 and 1985, 86 ).

I am glad that those days are over and we are a fast bowling powerhouse now. ( Great to see a TV ad where the Indian " threatens " the Aussie fan with our battery of fast bowlers. )

Edited by express bowling

Imagine that just a few years back, Gambhir had to fight with the goons at DDCA (Who had the support from Bishen Singh Bedi and Chetan Chauhan) to get Saini included in Delhi Ranji team. Both have been known to push for quota candidates (Angad Bedi and Chauhan’s Cricket Academy at Saket in Delhi)

Edited by ShoonyaSifar