Pledge your support for SA in the upcoming ODIs.

Lannister

6 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

A lot of Indians on icf must be Devestated at ass raping india inflicting on their beloved saffies lol

17 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Pathetic thread.

OP and the morons who pledged their idiocy deserve to be  giphy.gif

Seriously, its pathetic to support oppositons.

Our players might not be picked but once the team is picked and whether we like or not like the players, once the game starts we shouldn’t hope for them to get injured or them failing or hope for India losing.

In Trump mode, this is is close to treason.

In the grand scheme of things, this series is irrelevant for Indians as they are playing a second-rate SA side who can't even bat properly and also has a new, very inexperienced captain. I am not saying any of it is India's fault, but there's no point in gloating over our victory in the series as it hasn't allowed us to see how Indian team measures up to the best lineup of arguably the best LOI team in the world atm. Sure, I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy India won, nor am I saying wou should be rooting against India. But this series has been a massive flop in terms of seeing just how we match up against the elite level. KL Raul should have been included and given opportunity in these gaes, at least that would have been a good thing as we could have seen how he does in & against SA and also given him some experience against top class bowling. The one good thing that came out of this ODI series has been the huge success of Kuldeep & Chahal. I wanted to see how they matched up to SA's top batsmen like ABD, Du Plessis & De Kock (in-form), but regardless I'm still very happy for them and their achievements. This should finally be the nail in the coffin for Ashwin & Jaddu in LOIs.

Edited by Unstable Joe
5 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

I am not saying any of it is India's fault, but there's no point in gloating over our victory in the series as it hasn't allowed us to see how Indian team measures up to the best lineup of arguably the best LOI team in the world atm. Sure, I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy India lost, nor am I saying wou should be rooting against India. But this series has been a massive flop in terms of seeing just how we match up against the elite level.

so lanister or unstable joe what ever..how do you say all that ?

When you play SA in SA you play SA in SA , now you could argue with an SA fan whether or not their team is arguably the best LOI team or not for sure as they did beat all comers till recently, would that be ok then ?

and how do you measure a massive flop in terms of seeing how indian team matches up against eliete level, is there an elite level that is kept off from icc rankings, like some  alien teams playing cricket ?

On 12/26/2017 at 10:46 PM, maniac said:

on South African pitches we are not chasing 350+ batting 2nd...our best bet is to put on a score and defend and hope South Africa implode...infact South African lower middle order in LOIs is pretty weak as we saw in the Champions trophy. Dekock,Amla,Devillers pretty much...Miller is 50-50 and the rest all are mediocre.

In another age...prophet would have been the right word :hatsoff:

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

so lanister or unstable joe what ever..how do you say all that ?

When you play SA in SA you play SA in SA , now you could argue with an SA fan whether or not their team is arguably the best LOI team or not for sure as they did beat all comers till recently, would that be ok then ?

and how do you measure a massive flop in terms of seeing how indian team matches up against eliete level, is there an elite level that is kept off from icc rankings, like some  alien teams playing cricket ?

I mean that playing the full-level SA team in SA provides a much better view of India's chances in the coming world cup. It shows their ability to adapt to difficult conditions against a top-notch team. I'm not saying you shouldn't be appy of India's victory, because you should. But this bilateral ODI is meaningless as it did not allow for our bowlers to face off against the top SA batsmen. Sure, it gave some batting practice for India's batsmen, but there was no pressure on them as they knew SA batsmen wouldn't be able to take the bowlers. Hence, this series is meaningless when looking from WC POV. There is a difference b/w playing the full Indian side in India & playing an Indian side without Kohli, Dhawan & Rahane/Rohit, right? Also, I have yet to see a match where India has won with Kohli failing in this series.

2 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

I mean that playing the full-level SA team in SA provides a much better view of India's chances in the coming world cup. It shows their ability to adapt to difficult conditions against a top-notch team. I'm not saying you shouldn't be appy of India's victory, because you should. But this bilateral ODI is meaningless as it did not allow for our bowlers to face off against the top SA batsmen. Sure, it gave some batting practice for India's batsmen, but there was no pressure on them as they knew SA batsmen wouldn't be able to take the bowlers. Hence, this series is meaningless when looking from WC POV. There is a difference b/w playing the full Indian side in India & playing an Indian side without Kohli, Dhawan & Rahane/Rohit, right? Also, I have yet to see a match where India has won with Kohli failing in this series.

Good point though...I will take the Indian wins for now especially when we are on the verge of a historic series win....just like series wins in WI in 2007 or SL in 2015 were against poorer sides but still it is what it is..you still have to get the job done.

However, you are right that some of our weaknesses are getting masked for sure....we might be in situations even against weaker sides where they get Kohli out cheaply and we feel our chances go down 70% or they get the top 3 and it is game over. Right now Kohli is batting like a dream, hope it continues.

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Good point though...I will take the Indian wins for now especially when we are on the verge of a historic series win....just like series wins in WI in 2007 or SL in 2015 were against poorer sides but still it is what it is..you still have to get the job done.

However, you are right that some of our weaknesses are getting masked for sure....we might be in situations even against weaker sides where they get Kohli out cheaply and we feel our chances go down 70% or they get the top 3 and it is game over. Right now Kohli is batting like a dream, hope it continues.

Exactly. This is point. We should celebrate the win, but we should also understand the reality that India hasn't beaten the full SA team.

5a7dcbaf15e48_neveraimtobeaveragmeme.jpg.0669ee8126e1aae6ebe8817743184964.jpg

1 hour ago, Unstable Joe said:

Faf played the first game right, AB will play eventually right. This is SA in SA its not meaningless. Its an away ODI tour and has inherent value, no Indian team has done this in the past.

I see your point but do note that they are not evenly contested matches but proper thrashing that you would expect a weak team to receive.

You have Amla, QD, Faf who are not exactly mugs with the bat. Any one of them could have done a Kohli in all of those innings. But they did not. Even ABD is also returning. This might not be the best test of the Indian team facing SA in SA but it definitely is not that bad that it's meaningless.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, nikred said:

I see your point but do note that they are not evenly contested matches but proper thrashing that you would expect a weak team to receive.

You have Amla, QD, Faf who are not exactly mugs with the bat. Any one of them could have done a Kohli in all of those innings. But they did not. Even ABD is also returning. This might not be the best test of the Indian team facing SA in SA but it definitely is not that bad that it's meaningless.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I'll give you Amla, sure, he could've done something, but he didn't. Faf has only played 1 match before he got injured, and he scored a century in that. QDK, unfortunately, is woefully out of form. Regarding ABD, I was mainly talking about te 3 previous ODIs which he did not compete in, sorry I should have made it clearer. Once he returns, we will have a better idea about the Indian bowlers' capabilities. Also, SA without their primary batsmen are pretty much useless. Sure, their bowling is full power, but so is India's batting, so they are pretty evenly matched. Unfortunately, their first choice batsmen are not available to face the full power Indian bowling attack, and that is costing them.

14 hours ago, Lannister said:

Yet again one more series went by and we didn't gain anything out of it, except for the spin department. WC is just an year away and we are stuck with the hasbeens. Just one loss all it takes to get kicked out of a tournament. Wish SA showed some guts and smashed these overrated bunch of cricketers. 

Who are these has beenS you refer to?

Of guys who are not ODI cricketers- Rahane is the only one. Kartik you can make a case for given his form in IPL and domestic List A tournos

MSD still has a role to play as a middle order bat.

22 hours ago, Lannister said:

Yet again one more series went by and we didn't gain anything out of it, except for the spin department. WC is just an year away and we are stuck with the hasbeens. Just one loss all it takes to get kicked out of a tournament. Wish SA showed some guts and smashed these overrated bunch of cricketers. 

You must be praying for IND loss today..We will gain a cup you anti-national and first ever series win in RSA... Atleast you tried to divert the topic from your Karnataka player to world cup:cantstop: IDK about RSA you should show some guts and start supporting India :phehe:

8 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

You must be praying for IND loss today..We will gain a cup you anti-national and first ever series win in RSA... Atleast you tried to divert the topic from your Karnataka player to world cup:cantstop: IDK about RSA you should show some guts and start supporting India :phehe:

lol...dont rub it in man... this is their legacy thread...its good that we got to see their true colours...hypocrites

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

Who are these has beenS you refer to?

Of guys who are not ODI cricketers- Rahane is the only one. Kartik you can make a case for given his form in IPL and domestic List A tournos

MSD still has a role to play as a middle order bat.

You have no clue, do you?