KM Asif - 90 mph Kerala Pacer

Mosher

44 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This image clearly shows the lengths. Full which is half volley, good and short. Good is best in test, short of good length in t20. Full can be helpful bat times in England. Even there you will get hit if ball doesn't swing. That 6-8 meter Mark is ideal. 6 if you are in England. Around 7-8 if in SA and Aus.

Don't agree. I guess I will stick to my understanding, and you can to yours :) 

Just saw his first 3 overs on hotstar

What I really liked was his line .....  almost always between off-stump and 6th stump  ....  did not bowl many on or down the leg-stump or wide of off stump 

Combine these lines with  consistent 140 k to 145 k speeds and bounce .....  it gets very interesting

I would like to see his good length delivery too

Jeff Thomson talked about a lot of pace talent in Kerala ..... he is right in a big way. He mentioned Thampi , Warrier , Asif and Tibin Joseph.  Where is Joseph  !

I don't know why Asif was not played for this long.

16 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Don't agree. I guess I will stick to my understanding, and you can to yours :) 

Watch this delivery. This is the length he should be hitting against international batsmen and most will not find it easy. BK Bowls this same length and gets so many edges. No other Indian bowler does that regularly.  People have a lot of misconception about length. Bowl full is just a layman's term that commentators generally use. It does not literally mean you need to pitch the ball for batsman to easily drive it.  The motto is to bowl just full enough so that batsman come forward but not able to drive just around or outside off stump and that is call good length.  There is a reason it is called good length and that area is generally around 6-8 meter mark. Anything fuller than that batsman can easily belt for boundaries.  In most test matches if you check most wickets fall on 6-8 meter length which is good length.  You may be misjudging  good length and full length.

when we toured England in 2014, commentators kept saying bowlers to bowl full but whenever they bowled well they got hit for boundaries, likes of Aaron conceded so many runs bowling full.  I was getting irritated and then i observed that most of the wickets were on good length deliveries where batsman struggle reach the ball. On full balls, they don't have to move their feet much, but counter good length balls, they will need to move their feet much more and when they dont, they get stuck get edges, LBWs, and clean bowled. 

I am posting pitch map from first test. India's 2nd innings and look at how many wickets from 6-8 meter good length mark.

IMG_20180113_102642.jpg

Edited by rkt.india
16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Yup baloney 

how it is baloney when those are correct more often than not? can you tell what was wrong in them. Shami is as tall as Dinda. Dinda is 5'8". Yadav is as tall as Kohli. Kohli is 5'10". BK, Shami both are shorter than Kohli. Aaron is about an inches taller than Yadav. Same with Bumrah.

see Kohli and yadav, both same height.

images (6).jpg

Shami and Kohli. Shami is shorter.

images (7).jpg

Kohli and BK and then all together with Bumrah. None of them are over 6 feet. AL four ranging between 5'8-9" to 5'11-6' at best. 

images (8).jpg

bhuvneshwarkumar-21-1511260468.jpg

Edited by rkt.india