The Kohli-Kumble fiasco started even before Kumble started as Coach

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Sad to see him commentating in Under19 instead of coaching India. I genuinely believe he has something about him which can keep the whole team together and bring the best out of everyone. I would love to see him coach India one day.

The kind of $$$ BCCI throws around...anyone will be tempted to be a yes man and shut his mouth.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:53 PM, maniac said:

Yes

but It is not as bad as calling someone the “n” word or the “p” word.....@vilander seems to think so that’s why he uses it too much :laugh:

Ghati means someone from mountains(ghats). Kinda like Pahadi. Funny thing is non Maharastrians(mostly from north India) saw Maharashtians use' ghati ' amongst themselves to refer to 'villagers' or someone who lacks manners  or who isn't urbanised enough and like they say ignorance is bliss. Assumed it to be a curse word. @Vilander is one of those though a Madrasi(hehe). :laugh:

N.B: Just fyi Maharashtrian means anyone from maharastra including those whose mother tongue is not Marathi. Another misinformation where Maharastrians are equated to just Marathis by other state people.

Edited by Pollack
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Ghati means someone from mountains(ghats). Kinda like Pahadi. Funny thing is non Maharastrians(mostly from north India) saw Maharashtians use' ghati ' amongst themselves to refer to 'villagers' or someone who lacks manners  or who isn't urbanised enough and like they say ignorance is bliss. Assumed it to be a curse word. @Vilander is one of those though a Madrasi(hehe). :laugh:

N.B: Just fyi Maharashtrian means anyone from maharastra including those whose mother tongue is not Marathi. Another miss information where Maharastrians are equated to just Marathis by other state people.

And Thackeray family :giggle: 

32 minutes ago, beetle said:

Is ghati a derogatory word for people from maharstra?

I was told it is .

no derog ment beetle didi.

25 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes

but It is not as bad as calling someone the “n” word or the “p” word.....@vilander seems to think so that’s why he uses it too much :laugh:

22 minutes ago, beetle said:

Then it should not be used.

8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

N.B: Just fyi Maharashtrian means anyone from maharastra including those whose mother tongue is not Marathi. Another miss information where Maharastrians are equated to just Marathis by other state people.

oh now it hurts...hehe nice.

its commonly used, it just means hill country folks ( thanks for the explanation) , if it has derogatory meaning i am not aware of the same. its just a very convenient term to use on mumbai lobby , stop crying.

how can you call me madrasi...blasphemy...racism..

40 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah chinki lungi madrasee etc lol...and then they complain about Ghati...well too bad..so sad.

Dude Madarasi is not a racist term,it stems from lack of cultural awareness and Chinki is a blatant racist slur.

Ghati is neither,its more like calling someone an ignorant villager.

All 3 are different in nature.

if you are trying to use “ghati” as a comeback for using Chinki or madaraasi then the joke is on you for being ignorant :laugh:

Telugu people being called “golt” is another one...it doesn’t even makes sense because it is just a play on words inverting the word “Telugu”...so while someone can refer to me as a golt to try and be a condescending the word itself has no significance...same goes for ghati.

Edited by maniac
8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

It's still same even today. Only educated younger or older generation is aware  but they still say it anyway just for pulling legs. :biggrin:

oh..same with Ghati but why cry for that then, why dont you embrace your Ghatipana as you would when you are pulling legs?

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Chinki is a blatant racist slur.

no not that one, chinki as in not chinese, that was not used in ICF at least as i know of.

and lol the whole Ghati thing is blown out, it cant be used a come back for anything. I did not know till now the some folks from MH detest being called that lol.. but now i know har har. ghati/pahadi is a very casual term, like calling some one uncouth.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no not that one, chinki as in not chinese, that was not used in ICF at least as i know of.

and lol the whole Ghati thing is blown out, it cant be used a come back for anything. I did not know till now the some folks from MH detest being called that lol.. but now i know har har. ghati/pahadi is a very casual term, like calling some one uncouth.

I tried!!!

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Chinki is referred to a person who looks a certain way...how is that not racist?